2021 Indigenous Jumpers are online

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit of a happy trigger finger from the webmasters, but it looks like our jumpers are already on the site: https://shop.lions.com.au/2021-indigenous-guernsey/

We have a white and a red jumper and I'm guessing this is going to make a lot of people happy with the FFC logo on the front this year :)

1621690110512.png 1621690138590.png

If this is a one off why are there two versions? And I'm not a fan of the "ffc" signage, unless Sir Doug played for the roys?

ETA: I see that he did play for Fitzroy. He was a truly remarkable man.

Last edited:
LionsMaw They are extending the “Doug Nicholls round” over 2 rounds this year, where we play GWS at home (I would assume wearing the red version) and the Melbourne Demons in Alice Springs (where I would assume we wear the white ‘clash’ version due to it being a Melbourne home game and Melbourne being blue and red)

LionsMaw They are extending the “Doug Nicholls round” over 2 rounds this year, where we play GWS at home (I would assume wearing the red version) and the Melbourne Demons in Alice Springs (where I would assume we wear the white ‘clash’ version due to it being a Melbourne home game and Melbourne being blue and red)

Thanks for clearing that up :)
Should probably read the fixture and news more....

I really like it!

Nice write up how Johnson came up with the design. I've loved having current players design it, but to have a past player is really special. We don't have heritage round this year right? This guernsey sure has a lot of heritage in it :)
Away_Indigenous_Guernsey_Back2__65862.1621724715.jpg

The back along the shoulders has the totems of our current players. Like they've kept that tradition alive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the design, but not the blue yoke on the white guernsey, looks like two completely different guernseys sewed together.
Would of looked nicer if the yoke was navy blue instead of royal blue and they made the Roys logo Maroon to stand out against the white.

Honestly kinda disappointed in the design, Its nice that they payed tribute to the roys but since we have 2 indiginous designs this year it would of been an opportunity to have the other design inspired by a Brisbane Bears design therefore paying tribute to both clubs in the merger. Honestly I thought our 2019 & 2020 designs were our best.

Love so many elements of this design:

1. Designed by one of our greatest ever indigenous players
  2. FFC monogram
  3. Present day players’ totems
  4. What it means to our indigenous players and greater community

But... don’t shoot me... I’m actually not a huge fan of this one..
I'm the same. The design just doesn't appeal to me. Definitely looks better in the red version though.

I think it's great. I ordered the red version yesterday and it arrived today so I'm pretty impressed with that.

Would this be the first time the club has worn a Fitzroy guernsey at the Gabba? If I remember correctly all of our Fitzroy heritage guernseys have been worn in Melbourne.

Just watching 360 with Chris Johnson. He said that this design is the first of a three year series for the club. This year is a skew towards Fitzroy, next year will have a skew to the Bears & 2023 will be a merger version.

That's nice that they coincide the designs with our upcoming threepeat.

Hell yeah. Cant wait for the Bears. Hope they go full koala logo BB goodness.

Just watching 360 with Chris Johnson. He said that this design is the first of a three year series for the club. This year is a skew towards Fitzroy, next year will have a skew to the Bears & 2023 will be a merger version.

That's nice that they coincide the designs with our upcoming threepeat.
Interested what they will do with the merger design if it would resemble our home jumper or will they be more creative and give an alternative combination of both the Roys & The Bears team colours with the Lion on the front of the jumper.

The more I look at it the more its growing on me, might wait to see how they look when playing before I decide to buy one.

I love CJ’s passion and story behind the jumper on the video. The story of the Pastor, Sir Doug, is an important component of our clubs history. Look up his story if you can, and be proud that he played in maroon and blue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back