Injury 2021 Injuries

Remove this Banner Ad

So after this week only five players will have played every game:

Hill
Steele
Butler
Howard
Wilkie
And that is definitely reflected in our season.
Compare that to the Dees or Dogs, I’m sure they’d have way more.

And that is definitely reflected in our season.
Compare that to the Dees or Dogs, I’m sure they’d have way more.

Yeah good question.

Dogs have 7: Bont, Smith, Macrae, Duryea, Bruce, Dale, Keath.

Dees have 12! Petracca, Lever, Spargo, Brayshaw, Gawn, Oliver, Jordon, Rivers, McDonald, Hunt, Neal-Bullen, Pickett.

Yeah good question.

Dogs have 7: Bont, Smith, Macrae, Duryea, Bruce, Dale, Keath.

Dees have 12! Petracca, Lever, Spargo, Brayshaw, Gawn, Oliver, Jordon, Rivers, McDonald, Hunt, Neal-Bullen, Pickett.
Injuries/absences obviously not to blame entirely for our underwhelming season, but I’d put it at at least 75% if you could measure it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Injuries/absences obviously not to blame entirely for our underwhelming season, but I’d put it at at least 75% if you could measure it.

Yeah IMO add up our injuries and the fact that we had roughly the hardest draw in the comp and that's what's to blame here. Obviously if we're good enough we should be able to get through both of those challenges but equally obviously we're not good enough yet. I still hope though that this year might be the making of these boys, and given a bit of luck in the next few years they might be able to do a lot better.

Yeah IMO add up our injuries and the fact that we had roughly the hardest draw in the comp and that's what's to blame here. Obviously if we're good enough we should be able to get through both of those challenges but equally obviously we're not good enough yet. I still hope though that this year might be the making of these boys, and given a bit of luck in the next few years they might be able to do a lot better.

If nothing else, it has enabled us to see what Byrnes, Bytel, Highmore and Connolly are capable of. There are some positives for sure.
Dees went from a prelim final, to bottom 4 or 8 (can't remember - but definitely down) and now look at them just a couple of years later.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back