Injury 2021 Injuries

Remove this Banner Ad

I still maintain Hannebery has been a net benefit to St Kilda despite his injury issues. He will leave the club better than it was before he arrived and he deserves some credit for its transformation. His leadership around the club was essential when he arrived, we had none.
So if his leadership is so great why has he not been reinstated into leadership group?

So if his leadership is so great why has he not been reinstated into leadership group?

Because he doesn’t actually have to be in it to lead and it’s better to give the younger players the chance to develop into leaders.

my info is his "lifestyle choices" are not a great example to his younger team mates.

My info is he is a 'model citizen' and has never done anything wrong, not even a parking ticket.

You see anyone can post uncorroborated garbage from non exixtent 'sources'.

how many of the underlined were over 27 when we got them?
I will grant you Ryder as a short term success but if you bracket him with Crouch, Hannabery and Jones I think the potential ROI won't be great!

Jones is the only one we really gave up draft picks for.
So they didn't stop us getting anyone better.

GWS has injuries like Crazy. See afl.com.au for details
Their defensive structures will be a bit of a mess, their top four kick out players last season won't be playing (Shaw, Corr, Williams, Whitfield) likely leaving it to 3 small young running defenders (Cumming, Ash, Wehr), whilst uncapped ruckman will likely hold the fort against Ryder given the Preuss injury, and small pressure forwards are going to struggle (Daniels, maybe Hill).

Not a bad time to get them! They will be spurned by last season though...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ouch.
He might just retire again?

Oh well, onto plan b.

Maybe we can pickup the best state league FB in the midseason draft?
It's a big loss , but we have cover because Carlisle and Highmore - if anyone else is needed it opens the door for Joyce and Cavarino.
I just hope Carlisle shows he is far from finished.

We currently have a few players that have something to prove and hopefully they lift for the team.
Carlisle has by the looks been pushed back in the pecking order hopefully he shows his best and has his best year.
Crouch after his preseason dramas and the latest video showing him taking flak from his lack of defense prove's he is A-Grade.
Hannabery after being at the club 2 years has yet to get on the park to much hopefully he also shows he is still a force to be reckoned with.

Most players have points to prove and it could lift the team to a higher level , you only have to look at Sinclair knowing Crouch , Higgins are in our best 22 Sinclair would of known he had to lift and by the way he is going he has stepped up another level.
And it even looks Ross has a rocket up him.

While all injuries are bad the only guy that we are going to miss is Marshall or though Paton is someone will be missed more than what we think.

Trying to look on the positive side - could these injuries lead to a role change for a somebody on the fringe/outer to extend their career?

I can’t recall who it was but someone suggested Kent going back as a small defender. Obviously not a walk straight into the best 22 in that role but could some games in the VFL to get experience be beneficial to stay on the list? With Geary winding down, theres a need for another defender in that spot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back