Injury 2021 Injuries

Remove this Banner Ad

DO we know how long Marshall is out for?

With Ryder now gone 'indefinitely' it's critical that we get RoMa's foot sorted ASAP.
it's critical that we get RoMa's foot sorted

How ever long it takes

Ratten said on afl 360, we could see rowan Marshall as soon as round 2

It’s imperative not to rush any rehab from an overload-mechanism injury like a stress reaction. If you return to loading too soon or increase it too quickly, then you’re risking set backs.

I’d be especially concerned with bringing Marshall back without Ryder in the side. I suspect that would mean he is expected to ruck for a greater duration than if Ryder were there, so more midfield time = more stress through his foot than usual role of more time spent as a forward.

It’s imperative not to rush any rehab from an overload-mechanism injury like a stress reaction. If you return to loading too soon or increase it too quickly, then you’re risking set backs.

I’d be especially concerned with bringing Marshall back without Ryder in the side. I suspect that would mean he is expected to ruck for a greater duration than if Ryder were there, so more midfield time = more stress through his foot than usual role of more time spent as a forward.
I don't necessarily agree with this - could see a scenario where McKernan is dropped for Marshall and Hunter continues in #1 ruck role until Marshall is conditioned sufficiently

Tom Browne reporting on Twitter today that Winx no certainty for Round 1. Ankle still not right.

I am unfortunately changing my tip for this game.

Next year I will not start the 2022 injury thread.

Mark Stevens saying that round 4-5 is best case for Marshall. Very different to Ratts saying a day or two earlier that round 2 is a chance.

Mark Stevens saying that round 4-5 is best case for Marshall. Very different to Ratts saying a day or two earlier that round 2 is a chance.
I think Ratts was having a lend of everyone , could be even later than round 5 from my little spy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been trying to find out where/how King got hit by the golf ball. Was he on a golf course and got hit by a stray drive, or was it something even more random?

(apols for the intrusion, it's just such a strange story).

I've been trying to find out where/how King got hit by the golf ball. Was he on a golf course and got hit by a stray drive, or was it something even more random?

(apols for the intrusion, it's just such a strange story).
"In the freakish incident, a playing partner who was not a St Kilda player hit the ball almost at right angles on the same fairway and struck King to the head."

Wrong spot for one hell of a slice.

"In the freakish incident, a playing partner who was not a St Kilda player hit the ball almost at right angles on the same fairway and struck King to the head."

Wrong spot for one hell of a slice.

Was it a sponsor's Golf Day or just Max out with some other golfers? I wonder who it was that hit the ball which hit him and how they're feeling, particularly if they're a saints fan/sponsor or one of his good mates.

Months of pre-season and they've ruled him out of round 1.

Poor buggers.

Was Max actually playing golf because if that's true it seems a bit strange that if his ankle was touch and go to play that he would be out playing golf , the golf swing wouldn't be ideal if you had a crook ankle

Was Max actually playing golf because if that's true it seems a bit strange that if his ankle was touch and go to play that he would be out playing golf , the golf swing wouldn't be ideal if you had a crook ankle

There's a big difference between a golf swing and leaping into the air and landing hard on your feet. Probably the kind of injury any player would ignore if it was finals footy

There's a big difference between a golf swing and leaping into the air and landing hard on your feet. Probably the kind of injury any player would ignore if it was finals footy
Yeah true but its not finals , its the start of the season so i just thought he should be doing everything he can to get it right , guess it doesn't matter now anyway, i just thought it was a bit silly of the young man

Remove this Banner Ad

Back