Injury 2021 Injuries

Remove this Banner Ad

Was it a sponsor's Golf Day or just Max out with some other golfers? I wonder who it was that hit the ball which hit him and how they're feeling, particularly if they're a saints fan/sponsor or one of his good mates.

Months of pre-season and they've ruled him out of round 1.

Poor buggers.
Pretty much rules out a hundred goal regular season too. Will have to bring it up in the finals.

Pretty much rules out a hundred goal regular season too. Will have to bring it up in the finals.
I hope so. Nothing like a good goal-kicking race. I think this year might see a revival of the key forward (wishful thinking - and certainly not from an Essendon perspective).

Hopefully he's back on the park soon.

Hey how is Rowan Marshall tracking? Is it likely to be 4 weeks or do you think the club will be more cautious and he'll miss longer?

2 weeks on the Hamil scale.
Oh god please not that again lol

These injuries are starting to really mount up but I was impressed with the team we were able to put up last week with Carlton - if that's the best we have available once we get everyone back in I'm pretty happy with that. Obviously less King and Chip but I think both can be filled with what we've got. Jones to come in from that lot and possibly Carlisle as well. Not all doom and gloom and as many have pointed out, good to get them all now than in eighteen weeks time with finals around the corner. Still think we will give top four a shake.

I just had a visit from my spy and he tells me that Max may not have been hit by a golf ball at all and that a fist may have been involved

Golf frustrates me enough to punch anyone in my vicinity too. I'm imagining it's more 3 am at Revolver though. It did sound a bit like a dog ate my homework to be honest.

Golf frustrates me enough to punch anyone in my vicinity too. I'm imagining it's more 3 am at Revolver though. It did sound a bit like a dog ate my homework to be honest.
I was told it was an ex afl player's fist who may or may not have collided with Max's head ,

Does anyone else get nervous when this thread is bumped? Not your best idea for a thread sammm ;)

It didn't sound right to me from the start that a bloke with a crook ankle who is trying to get it right for round One is out playing golf ,

Does anyone else get nervous when this thread is bumped? Not your best idea for a thread sammm ;)
no, i agree, this was the worst idea i had. and in prevous years, i had created this thread and others. maybe next time i will do it when all the others get created.

Looks like we found the culprit.

"King was struck in the head after former Saint rookie Jack Bell shanked an iron through the trees from another fairway. After failing a subsequent concussion test at the club later that day, King will now miss Sunday’s round one clash against GWS."

Cue jokes "making a bigger impact now than when he was on the list" etc.

"King was struck in the head after former Saint rookie Jack Bell shanked an iron through the trees from another fairway. After failing a subsequent concussion test at the club later that day, King will now miss Sunday’s round one clash against GWS."

Bell seems to be making a bigger impact now than he did all last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't the initial story he was standing beside some teeing off and they shanked it ?

HOW DO we stand for injuries at the moment? Anyone coming back from injury in the next few weeks?

King and Jones this week.

Roma not far off. From reports could play this week and so all depends how cautious they want to be.

Crouch available next week- suspension concludes.

Hopefully Paddy not far away.

Can we kick this thread lol?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back