Injury 2021 Injuries

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Browne reporting that Ryder could be returning to Melbourne later this week.

He’s more likely to play R4 if that’s the case, i’d assume he’s been working on his fitness and everything else on his leave. I won’t even be surprised if he’s playing this week.

I rarely contemplate that he is still on our list. He’s the invisible man taking up 800k of the salary cap. The club does well to hide him from the public eye.

Yep, bury their shame.

Will Jimmy Webster be returning this week?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I rarely contemplate that he is still on our list. He’s the invisible man taking up 800k of the salary cap. The club does well to hide him from the public eye.

Disastrous recruiting decision and Hill is starting to look like one too - happy to give him a bit more time though before calling it.

I don’t want to jinx anything to do with Gresham, but I do need to ask this question.
Is his injury the same as suffered by Hugh Goddard?
yep - Achilles. Likely to have a greater impact on career than an ACL. Largest tendon in the body so slowest to heal - hardest to get full recovery.

I know from personal experience.

Roughy and Zac Williams both returned successfully from achilles as recent examples of players coming back from it fine.

I think it's confidence that holds you back, I had teammates with snapped achilles and they didn't trust them for a few years afterwards. They are a pretty traumatic injury, they roll up like a blind and snap like a rubber band.

I think it's confidence that holds you back, I had teammates with snapped achilles and they didn't trust them for a few years afterwards. They are a pretty traumatic injury, they roll up like a blind and snap like a rubber band.
Hopefully having some like Roughhead around who has recovered from it can help him a bit. Even just from that mental side of it, as you say.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back