Injury 2021 Injuries

pluggeranddoc

All Australian
Apr 6, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
We had to spend that money somewhere. I'd rather it go into the pockets of a guy with Premiership winning experience than inflating the paychecks of a Seb Ross, Lonie, Savage, Billings, Gresham, Webster etc. Nobody from the year we signed Hannebery deserved a larger paycheck each week, and with the requirement to spend a minimum amount - that money had to go somewhere.
No one wanted to come, we had a ton of money to spend on some players but nobody wanted to play for St Kilda.

We haven't missed out on anyone because Hannebery is getting paid whatever he is.
Yes, we had to spend it that year but what about the next 3-4?
Missed out on Treloar!

LiterallyNobody

Cancelled due to poster being a Campaigner
30k Posts 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Harry Potter Fan Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds Shiny Penny
Jul 26, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda
I think it’s a ridiculous call to blame Hannebery for his injuries. The club made a call - I believe it was the right call at the time and due to poor luck it hasn’t worked out for us. People just want something to blame and let me tell you after thirty years of following this mob all you can blame is luck sometimes.

that’s what it is on this occasion. Just bad luck.

lewdogs

Cancelled
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jun 4, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Arsenal, Portland Trailblazers
I think it’s a ridiculous call to blame Hannebery for his injuries. The club made a call - I believe it was the right call at the time and due to poor luck it hasn’t worked out for us. People just want something to blame and let me tell you after thirty years of following this mob all you can blame is luck sometimes.

that’s what it is on this occasion. Just bad luck.
No, it's a conspiracy by Lethlean, Hannebery and some Old Xaverians to destroy the Saints.

Signing Ryder was the other part of the conspiracy because he was shot too, but that part of the plan failed as he was a revelation last year. Go figure.

pluggeranddoc

All Australian
Apr 6, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
No, it's a conspiracy by Lethlean, Hannebery and some Old Xaverians to destroy the Saints.

Signing Ryder was the other part of the conspiracy because he was shot too, but that part of the plan failed as he was a revelation last year. Go figure.
Short contract on moderate$$ for Ryder vs long contract on plenty!surely you can see the difference!

lewdogs

Cancelled
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jun 4, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Arsenal, Portland Trailblazers
Short contract on moderate$$ for Ryder vs long contract on plenty!surely you can see the difference!
He was 27 when he came to the club, giving him a 4 year contract with an option to go to 5 is hardly unheard of. Bloke was also a champion player. Yes it hasn't worked out through bad luck, but it doesn't make it a conspiracy. You win some and you lose some. Look at Burgoyne at Hawthorn.

Lethers probably wanted his coke money back and needed to help him out.

Sep 12, 2013
Gladstone, QLD
AFL Club
St Kilda

Cant we put Ryder and Hannerbery on the long term injury lists and pick up some players in the mid season draft? Is that allowed?

Mar 19, 2008
Narre Warren North
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Cant we put Ryder and Hannerbery on the long term injury lists and pick up some players in the mid season draft? Is that allowed?

We probably will put Gresham and Paton on the "long" term injury list.
Hanneberry is 2 weeks. :drunk:
I think Ryder probably would qualify but its not long term.
Both should be available by mid season.

oh my gawd

Harves did it jumping off the kitchen bench. Marshall did it defeating the Eagles. But will he became fit for Maddi’s match?

Injury made famous by Robert Harvey has Saints on alert
St Kilda ruckman
Rowan Marshall is in doubt for Thursday’s blockbuster against Richmond after snapping the remainder of a plantar fascia tissue that plagued him over summer.
heraldsun.com.au

I hear Lethlean has made targeting Hanners for a trade and a 10 years extension is his first point of action when he gets to Geelong..... I may have made that up.

Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
I hear Lethlean has made targeting Hanners for a trade and a 10 years extension is his first point of action when he gets to Geelong..... I may have made that up.
That’s just the beginning.
I hear he’s targeting Brad Scott as the new coach.
Something to do with best mates, nepotism and something else.
Yeah, Chris Scott not buying a birthday present for his twin next year.

I hope Hanners gracefully retires this year
Disagree. He's contracted until the end of 2023 and, loathe as I am to quote the Hun, "Clubs fear the AFL’s excessive soft cap cuts are “cooking” their streamlined football departments and will drive even more people out of the game." So let's put him to work. He's got a footy brain and recruiting and coaching budgets have been slashed. Pair him with Roughead, opposition analysis, view U/18 footage, work with Skrobalak and the midfield brigade, if he's not on the park then there's plenty he can do to earn that cash.

The soft cap budgets aren't going up any time soon, this is one way we can use the money instead of cutting our losses.

LiterallyNobody

Cancelled due to poster being a Campaigner
30k Posts 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Harry Potter Fan Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds Shiny Penny
Jul 26, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda
Disagree. He's contracted until the end of 2023 and, loathe as I am to quote the Hun, "Clubs fear the AFL’s excessive soft cap cuts are “cooking” their streamlined football departments and will drive even more people out of the game." So let's put him to work. He's got a footy brain and recruiting and coaching budgets have been slashed. Pair him with Roughead, opposition analysis, view U/18 footage, work with Skrobalak and the midfield brigade, if he's not on the park then there's plenty he can do to earn that cash.

The soft cap budgets aren't going up any time soon, this is one way we can use the money instead of cutting our losses.
Couldn’t think of a better idea myself. I sincerely hope they consider this. Wasn’t Dylan Roberton doing something like that originally or was that only when Cho was at the helm. I know he was one of Cho’s boys.

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
Hannebery 4-8 weeks away, geeez.
Even the fork they stuck in Hanners is broken
Screenshot_20210412-204951_Samsung%20Internet.jpeg

Couldn’t think of a better idea myself. I sincerely hope they consider this. Wasn’t Dylan Roberton doing something like that originally or was that only when Cho was at the helm. I know he was one of Cho’s boys.

Robbo is in the box with Ratts this year.

Apr 10, 2021
AFL Club
St Kilda

As the great Scottish poet wrote,"The best-laid plans of mice and men oft go awry!" They'll have to try harder next time, lewdogs 😃!

Back