2021 Injuries

Remove this Banner Ad

Good news on Lachie perhaps being a test for Round 1. I'd have thought he'd be out until Round 3 or 4 earliest, which can still very well be the case tho.

A shame re news on Bent Daniels injury, but it opens up a spot there, perhaps Bruhn or Connor Stone to get a game early in the season? XOH or MDB other options

Hogan is expected to miss between three to four weeks due to the latest setback and won't take part in any of the Giants' back-to-back practice matches against the Swans, meaning he will face an uphill battle to prove his fitness and return against the Saints in 22 days.

However, he now joins a growing Giants injury list that also features star midfielder Lachie Whitfield (bruised liver), ruckman Braydon Preuss (shoulder), defender Adam Kennedy (shoulder), small forward Brent Daniels (hamstring) and the experienced Phil Davis (knee).

However, in better news for the club, small forward Bobby Hill and first-year wingman Ryan Angwin are both set to return from respective concussion issues for next week's AAMI Community Series clash against Sydney.

Hogan is expected to miss between three to four weeks due to the latest setback and won't take part in any of the Giants' back-to-back practice matches against the Swans, meaning he will face an uphill battle to prove his fitness and return against the Saints in 22 days.

However, he now joins a growing Giants injury list that also features star midfielder Lachie Whitfield (bruised liver), ruckman Braydon Preuss (shoulder), defender Adam Kennedy (shoulder), small forward Brent Daniels (hamstring) and the experienced Phil Davis (knee).

However, in better news for the club, small forward Bobby Hill and first-year wingman Ryan Angwin are both set to return from respective concussion issues for next week's AAMI Community Series clash against Sydney.

And there if is

Knew poor old hogans sticky tape would not stay on long

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This sucks for Braydon. I really liked him in Melbourne. And I hoped that he would be a starter when he was traded to you guys.

Shame too, we actually were a more unpredictable team last year with him being in the ruck, rather than Gawn. The dude is so creative.

Hope all goes well for him in rehab and the future ahead.

Edit: Just found out about Hulk's setback. Looks like Big Daddy Cool and Hulk are both out. Damn shame.

Last edited:

GREATER Western Sydney star Lachie Whitfield will miss the Giants' opening round against St Kilda and has no firm timetable on a return from his liver laceration.

* me that's s**t news. I really hope it doesn't turn out to be a situation like Sam Taylor's last year

You know what. I don’t want to sound negative, but losing Corr, Shaw and Williams from the backline, no one is really talking about how massive a loss Whitfield is. We will leak like a siev down back sadly

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I would argue his value is in the transition out of def rather than stopping goals. Players like taylor are more of a factor in stopping goals than someone like Lachie.

He hurts because his movement and running out of the backline is so good. Here is hoping for a return in the first couple of rounds, as this new stand rule really highlights how important running half backs are for a team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched the Tom Green Next Gen episode I did not know he was deaf in his left ear.

Well done to him overcoming that.

When you look across the number of current and former Giants on the AFL injury/suspension list this week it’s a formidable line-up.

In a week when Members aren’t sure whether to laugh or cry, here’s a list of 16 (plus two recent retirees) that may make you do both.

Giants Alumni Rehab XVIII
April Fools Day 2021

Patton - Cameron - Hutchesson
Lloyd - Hogan - Townsend
Hately - Preuss - Scully
Whitfield - Stewart - Reid
Kennedy - Marchbank - Shaw

Lobb - Caldwell - Shiel

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back