2021 Injuries

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
IMG_2504.png

I think most would, but who goes out if Cogs is also coming into the team? And it probably doesn't hurt to have that extra week to ensure he's absolutely 100%. But he's all class.
I'm one of the blasphemers who won't lose sleep if Cogs misses.

ClockworkOrange

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
I'm one of the blasphemers who won't lose sleep if Cogs misses.

It’s definitely been an extremely painful couple of years keeping the faith re Cogs.

In terms of upside potential though, he offers more than anyone else returning from injury.

If he has a shocker against the Blues or pulls up sore then we’ll know he’s done for the year.

But if he comes out strong it will be a huge positive.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

ClockworkOrange

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
With the medical sub it’s not such a huge risk tryO the team if He hurt the toe during a match either, which adds to the reward vs risk

I agree.

By contrast, would be a much bigger gamble to take in an Elim Final.

It’s now or never for Cogs in 2021.

ClockworkOrange

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
We should have a medical/conditioning partnership and exchange with other Sydney pro-sports teams and WS University.

Could extend that partnership model to the ACT too.

Obvious sports team candidates would be an NRL team and the Sydney Kings (who have the Boomers Olympic team physio).

I appreciate that there areas of knowledge that are AFL specific, but overall there’s a stack of expertise is Syd/Cbr and we should leverage it.

Apr 30, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
We should have a medical/conditioning partnership and exchange with other Sydney pro-sports teams and WS University.

Could extend that partnership model to the ACT too.

Obvious sports team candidates would be an NRL team and the Sydney Kings (who have the Boomers Olympic team physio).

I appreciate that there areas of knowledge that are AFL specific, but overall there’s a stack of expertise is Syd/Cbr and we should leverage it.

Good ideas.
Soft tissue injuries preceded the cut to the soft-cap. Would still be interesting to know how the Giants managed the cuts and how that compared to less injury riddled clubs.

Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
Tom Green, Matt DeBoar, Issac Cummins, Sam Reid

Then there is Toby

The balloon is sadly about to be deflated

I saw a picture on HH's IG account of Cumming at Barnbougle wearing a moon boot.

He's 100/1 to play you'd think.
Not at all.
They use the moon boots dare more than they used to
These days sometimes you have players wearing moon boots between training sessions. The stability helps.
This doesnt mean he'll play of course , but wearing a moon boot doesn't mean you're no chance.

BarryAglett

7th Round Draft Pick
Sep 24, 2014
Western Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Not at all.
They use the moon boots dare more than they used to
These days sometimes you have players wearing moon boots between training sessions. The stability helps.
This doesnt mean he'll play of course , but wearing a moon boot doesn't mean you're no chance.
Yep. The boot can be used to reduce the load on the ankle to avoid more swelling.
Not great, obviously, but a pretty standard way for athletes to manage non-structural injuries.

Back