Injury 2021 Injuries

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury was avoidable. Was a shocking kick by Hayward to put Bud in that position
..and umpire should of bounced it differently

This will come across as sour grapes but the guy really is a brute. Threw a couple of reckless swinging arms in ruck contests and has commented before about deliberately trying to hurt players.
Hmm ... wonder in which direction the elbow is aimed at :oops:
834006 elbow.jpg

He is dirty sausage munching massive line snorting diaper shitting sniper .... that was a callous pre-meditated knee breaker from a piece of sh*t .

Bloke needs to f..k off to the doggo league
Wow! Any chance you can tell us what you really think?

I have to say, hearing that Hickey is only out for 6-8 weeks (in theory) is a relief considering how bad it could have been. Not ideal, but at least we'll have him back for the second half of the season. Buddy's knee didn't look as bad as Rowbottom's injury but he does have a bit of history with hyperextensions and the like so it will be interesting to see how he recovers. Fingers crossed for our big four that are currently out and that they all bounce back sooner rather than later but you would assume at least two out of the four will have some setbacks.

Last edited:
Even though it’s tongue in cheek it does still feel like every week the Swans declare a player will be out for you have to add two to that.

Hope their predictions are on point so we just have to get through a few matches and nab a few wins in that time before some of the stars return.

Sadly i pay no attention whatsoever to the club's injury timeframe estimates. Over the years it has continued to frustrate me how we are told one thing whereas the reality is completely different. By way of example, here's a post on the official website on March 24 ahead of Round 2:

James Rowbottom
James hyperextended his knee, as seen in the first quarter of our game against Brisbane on Saturday. He suffered a bone bruise to the front of his knee and he will undergo testing for this week’s game.

Sadly i pay no attention whatsoever to the club's injury timeframe estimates. Over the years it has continued to frustrate me how we are told one thing whereas the reality is completely different. By way of example, here's a post on the official website on March 24 ahead of Round 2:

James Rowbottom
James hyperextended his knee, as seen in the first quarter of our game against Brisbane on Saturday. He suffered a bone bruise to the front of his knee and he will undergo testing for this week’s game.

I am not convinced the club posts false estimates just to try and psych the supporters. It doesn't make a difference to the club at all whether it's supporters think a player will be out for more or less time than they actually are.

Per your Rowbottom example, I'm not sure the club could've been any more transparent. It sounds like they didn't have any estimated return date for him at all and were simply taking it week by week depending on how he felt/trained on that week.

I am not convinced the club posts false estimates just to try and psych the supporters. It doesn't make a difference to the club at all whether it's supporters think a player will be out for more or less time than they actually are.

Per your Rowbottom example, I'm not sure the club could've been any more transparent. It sounds like they didn't have any estimated return date for him at all and were simply taking it week by week depending on how he felt/trained on that week.
Also there is new medical staff this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also there is new medical staff this year.
Medical staff seems to be doing ok.. A broken finger, broken hand, 2 x bruised knees, and a pcl. All contact injuries
reasonable to expect 1 or 2, but 5!!! thats just bad luck.
Then consider who's injured; Greatest full forward of the modern era, new Ruck who's playing his best footy in 10 years, Co-Captain all australian and general of the back 6 - there goes our spine. add to that an x-factor forward averaging 3 goals/game, and a young gun midfielder... thats not bad luck, thats ***** **** ** ******* ************ terrible luck!

Medical staff seems to be doing ok.. A broken finger, broken hand, 2 x bruised knees, and a pcl. All contact injuries
Then consider who's injured; Greatest full forward of the modern era, new Ruck who's playing his best footy in 10 years, Co-Captain all australian and general of the back 6 - there goes our spine. add to that an x-factor forward averaging 3 goals/game, and a young gun midfielder... thats not bad luck, thats ***** **** ** ******* ************ terrible luck!

Rampe isnt bad luck tho we played him when his hand was already injured.

The rest are really bad luck especially Heeney and Hickey.

We’re actually lucky that the injuries aren’t long term reoccurring types. Bone bruising, broken fingers/hands are just random and won’t effect the players when they return.

It’s just a drag that we got these injuries in a cluster and to such important players. Plus I was loving watching Buddy again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We’re actually lucky that the injuries aren’t long term reoccurring types. Bone bruising, broken fingers/hands are just random and won’t effect the players when they return.

It’s just a drag that we got these injuries in a cluster and to such important players. Plus I was loving watching Buddy again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Whenever the club puts a timeframe on Buddy’s return, it’s usually safe to add a few additional weeks.

The guy we poached from Richmond was personally credited by Sam Reid in getting him in top nick.

We are having rotten luck with breaks but much better with low soft tissue injuries.

Our fitness and rehab regime previously did not enjoy a good record.

I have bagged the Harley Charley regime but absolute kudos to them for addressing our problems in this crucial area.

(side note - hopefully those club knows best posters who defended the old regime get on board with the Club's reforms in this area)

Hickey out is a real blow, as we looked so much better with a decent ruck. Fox would have been handy right now as a medium sized defender who can pinch hit in the ruck.

The guy we poached from Richmond was personally credited by Sam Reid in getting him in top nick.

We are having rotten luck with breaks but much better with low soft tissue injuries.

Our fitness and rehab regime previously did not enjoy a good record.

I have bagged the Harley Charley regime but absolute kudos to them for addressing our problems in this crucial area.

(side note - hopefully those club knows best posters who defended the old regime get on board with the Club's reforms in this area)
Reckon the Swans or Harley Charley regime have done well in the COVID shuffle..
no more Stevie J.. that's soooooo good
kept both Macca and Cox which I reckon is a good move
Kirk now has a role that he's bloody good at
brought in Pyke.. nice move Swannies
New fitness staff.... and we see Buddy playing again, Reid in top form, Naismith back in training 1 year earlier than he was from his previous knee injury, touch wood - no soft tissue injuries

hmm Fox not mentioned
Lance Franklin
... miss the next three to four weeks
Tom Hickey

... about six to eight weeks to return to play.
Isaac Heeney
“Isaac is coming along well from his hand fracture. We’re hoping he’ll be back in one to two weeks.”
Dane Rampe
“Dane’s surgery went well, we’re expecting him to return in another two to three weeks.”

People complain about Mumford but let’s be honest, it’s a contact sport. Rather than worrying about being bullied, we should draft some guys capable of throwing their weight around.

Im sick of seeing Swans teams get beaten up.

agree.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back