Injury 2021 Injuries

Remove this Banner Ad

That article reads a bit like what Tom Lynch did at Adelaide. Don’t pick a player as a sub if you want him to be rested. Very disappointing by the club.
Yeeeeahhhhh, nooooooo.

Tom lynch straight up shouldn't of played. Campbell played reserves the game after.

I agree he shouldn't of picked him as sub, but he wasnt injured at the time. Tom Lynch wasn't ready to play.

I do think that Gulden and Campbell should've been rested earlier, but I think our injury department has been super solid this year. I'm assuming these injuries came out of the blue, otherwisr Campbell wouldn't of played any VFL games.

We've got one of the smallest injury lists with many of our players who got injured coming back in a short turn around, but the armchair experts here are saying we have a problem.......

It is a vast improvement on last year. Most of the injuries are collision caused. I read somewhere that Campbell approached staff after training to report shin soreness. I wonder if it had been troubling him for a while. This would be natural for an enthusiastic young fellow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gulden looked off for a couple of games but overall you can’t really go the medical team, I think the list seems to have been well managed so far and the extended break for both is about having them available when it matters going down the stretch. The depth seems to be building nicely soI hope there is no rush to get them back in. The need to tailor the treatment of players is really highlighted here, but it is also a really challenging task. Hopefully......touched wood.... we continue with a relatively manageable injury list.

But were they?

Seeing hey are due back mid season or just after, they were. It is such a minor thing, it happens with all young players. Get them to 10 odd games this year and that is fine. Not every young kid is going to be like Joel Selwood in his first year who was AFL ready day 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back