Injury 2021 Injuries

Remove this Banner Ad

13 Feb
SYDNEY SWANS

The AFL’s biggest name, Lance Franklin, suffered a minor setback on his road to recovery. The key forward hasn’t been seen at senior level since Round 23 2019 with consistent injuries keep him off the park. A small calf issue has put him back in his training, but the Swans don’t expect it to be a major issue given they will be taking their time with the veteran. Franklin returned to running late this week, while fellow star Isaac Heeney is aiming to be fit for Round 1 after a severe ankle injury. He is back running and recently took part in some match simulation, but still has work to do if he is to play in the pre-season game in March. Ruck Sam Naismith is still working through his recovery from an ACL injury back in June.

Source: https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...s/news-story/9972e5209d31ca3b1fbb9644479c75ca

Apart from Joey and Buddy did every other swan play in the match sim? I haven't heard much about Naismith, Dawson, Hewett and McInerney who were recovering from their respective issues at the start of the year.

Apart from Joey and Buddy did every other swan play in the match sim? I haven't heard much about Naismith, Dawson, Hewett and McInerney who were recovering from their respective issues at the start of the year.

Sorry, Fox Footy don't know who those four are.

I saw Hewett in some of the highlights.

Edit: and Dawson.

Last edited:
15 Feb
Does the club read BF?

Does the club read BF?

If I were an AFL player I would be vain enough to spend most of my time on bigfooty seeing what everyone is saying about me.

Does the club read BF?
Now that wasn't that wasn't too difficult was it?

Just a few minutes a week to keep the fans connected/informed/happy.

And particularly happy to see McInerney up & running.

Does the club read BF?
Had that very thought myself! Weekly would be good. Responded to the club on Twitter asking for that.

There’s an update up. Someone better than I can link it. It’s absolutely comprehensive. Finally! I hope these continue.
Club responded to my suggestion.
Said they do weekly in season, occasionally out of season. Didn't acknowledge the desire to know more and more often
A very polite "suck it up".
Instead of talking about it on here contact the club and ask for what you want. They might eventually respond.

So Brand, Franklin, McInerney and Naismith are really the only ones doubtful of any football in round 1. Can't complain too much when compared to the likes of Melbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May backfire if you were a regular whipping boy like Reid, Ronke, Gray, Clarke etc!

None of them would or should care what we gronks think.

So Brand had a shoulder reco 4 months ago. If he had been carrying the shoulder for some time, why was the op not done earlier?

With the appointment of the new guy I have high hopes there will be a great improvement in our injury management and op scheduling.

So Brand had a shoulder reco 4 months ago. If he had been carrying the shoulder for some time, why was the op not done earlier?

With the appointment of the new guy I have high hopes there will be a great improvement in our injury management and op scheduling.

The article above has the operation Brand 4 and half months post-operation, so would place the time of the operation right at the end of our season (start of October) by about 10 days. Brand missed the majority of the season with a groin injury (returned mid-August) so I doubt he would've carried a shoulder injury that required a reconstruction through groin rehab just to come back to play the handful of scratch matches if he needed a shoulder reconstruction post season.

He has likely injured himself in a scratch match or in training and the club has got the operation done as quickly as possible considering we were in a hub in Cairns when the injury likely took place.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back