Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 10, 2007
Ensconced in velvet
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lakers, West Ham
Is a sprained knee generally an ongoing injury? That would really hinder us to lose Lloyd for an extended stretch of games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeadlyAkkuret

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 10, 2007
Ensconced in velvet
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lakers, West Ham
I hope they’re really not blowing smoke re: Buddy

Having him play early in the season, especially along side Logan, would be so important for a young forward and also just the confidence of the side.

SGBeach

Premiership Player
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
I hope they’re really not blowing smoke re: Buddy

Having him play early in the season, especially along side Logan, would be so important for a young forward and also just the confidence of the side.

Would love to see Buddy, Reid and Logan in the forward line for a couple of years.. Reid play as the versatile tall forward/wing/ruck/spare in defence, Buddy play as only Buddy can and Logan as the young gun. The oppos defence wouldn't know what the f**k to do.. either of those three playing on the 3rd tall defender would have a field day. Then there's Heeney out marking any of the other defenders and 2 bull terriers in Paps and Gulden biting and cleaning up all the scraps.
New rules, new game style and players like Dawson, McInerney, Blakey, Campbell should result in fast and clean entries... and truck loads of goals

maybe I'm dreaming, but happy days

Would love to see Buddy, Reid and Logan in the forward line for a couple of years.. Reid play as the versatile tall forward/wing/ruck/spare in defence, Buddy play as only Buddy can and Logan as the young gun. The oppos defence wouldn't know what the f**k to do.. either of those three playing on the 3rd tall defender would have a field day. Then there's Heeney out marking any of the other defenders and 2 bull terriers in Paps and Gulden biting and cleaning up all the scraps.
New rules, new game style and players like Dawson, McInerney, Blakey, Campbell should result in fast and clean entries... and truck loads of goals

a

[/QUOTE
be happy days alright mate

buddy is 34 and hasn’t played in 2 years and can’t get through training and Reid is 30 and struggles year on year out

Oct 18, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney

I'm dreaming the same. Would be a great way for the Bud to bow out too. Doesn't need to play every game. Just offload his class and knowledge onto the fledglings over the next two years, sit back in his rocking chair, and watch some great Swan premierships on the telly with Jacinta and the kids.

Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
I'm dreaming the same. Would be a great way for the Bud to bow out too. Doesn't need to play every game. Just offload his class and knowledge onto the fledglings over the next two years, sit back in his rocking chair, and watch some great Swan premierships on the telly with Jacinta and the kids.
Don’t be surprised if it happens on Grand Final day this year.

Mills - delayed concussion
Franklin - currently full training, he is with the group, participating in match play and drills so he remains on course for a return early in the season.
Lloyd back in training

DeadlyAkkuret

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 10, 2007
Ensconced in velvet
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lakers, West Ham
Best start to a season in terms of injuries in a while. Now I jinxed it but still a good start.

Is there reason to be concerned about Stephens?

I'd be more concerned if we were hearing about him, as it would suggest there's something there that's serious enough for the club to report on. But as it stands, he obviously had minor niggles that didn't warrant a mention in the injury reports, but that were enough to be conservative with him in the two recent pointless practice matches.

Sounds like he played in the reserves on the weekend and got through unscathed, which could be a good first step to seeing him back in action again.

Kiama Chris

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney
The club made a statement about a week ago saying he was working on his own personal program focusing on his jumping and change in direction. He's about 8 months post operation so you wouldn't expect him back before round 9 or 10 at the very least.
If it was my team I would want to see him finish st least 2-3 ressies games before a seniors recall.

Back