Injury 2021 Injuries

Remove this Banner Ad

Ronke, Fox, Naismith and Lance

The Age also mentions Sam Reid has sprained an elbow and has been in a brace "but the Swans expect him to be available" for this week's game.

The Age also mentions Sam Reid has sprained an elbow and has been in a brace "but the Swans expect him to be available" for this week's game.
next weekend Lance completes a 13km football session carrying two back men on his shoulders :)

Geez I feel sorry for Ronke. Did anyone not think he was gonna be a star after that 7 goal haul over Hawthorn ? A few injuries and a glut of small forwards is one thing but he needs to rediscover his mojo. It's not about effort, too much effort can hinder an athlete.

I've been reading Bud Winter's Relax and Win, which I bought to help my son with his running. Winter's techniques were developed in WW2 as US pilots in the Pacific were being shot down by friendly fire more often than by the Japanese. In the anxiety of constant turmoil and conflict he taught them to relax, to sleep easily and to perform at their peak. His techniques produced a lot of Olympic medallists and were accredited for the success of the Jamaica's sprint team. The basic premise is that too much effort tenses muscles and detracts from performance. He talks about instances like Ronke's 7 goal haul where the mind is chilled and the body is in the zone. We've probably all experienced it at some time, when you just can't put a foot wrong. It's a frame of mind. Mojo.

Geez I feel sorry for Ronke. Did anyone not think he was gonna be a star after that 7 goal haul over Hawthorn ? A few injuries and a glut of small forwards is one thing but he needs to rediscover his mojo. It's not about effort, too much effort can hinder an athlete.

I've been reading Bud Winter's Relax and Win, which I bought to help my son with his running. Winter's techniques were developed in WW2 as US pilots in the Pacific were being shot down by friendly fire more often than by the Japanese. In the anxiety of constant turmoil and conflict he taught them to relax, to sleep easily and to perform at their peak. His techniques produced a lot of Olympic medallists and were accredited for the success of the Jamaica's sprint team. The basic premise is that too much effort tenses muscles and detracts from performance. He talks about instances like Ronke's 7 goal haul where the mind is chilled and the body is in the zone. We've probably all experienced it at some time, when you just can't put a foot wrong. It's a frame of mind. Mojo.
bungee has it helped your son?
Sounds like a few AFL players should read the book.

Naismith returning to full training is a big positive. If fit he still wouldn't replace Hickey in the rich vein of form he has produced so far but if Hickey were to go down to have Naismith as a ready replacement would be a strong position to be in. We would maintain the middle but maybe lose a bit around the ground.

Pretty healthy list at present touch wood

Naismith returning to full training is a big positive. If fit he still wouldn't replace Hickey in the rich vein of form he has produced so far but if Hickey were to go down to have Naismith as a ready replacement would be a strong position to be in. We would maintain the middle but maybe lose a bit around the ground.

We haven't hit September yet..

Hope he gets a chance this year. Joined the team while on the decline but as you said tries incredibly hard. Maybe he can be in the zone and relax a bit and we can see how he goes in a stronger side.

The best thing about Hickey's form is Naismith can play managed minutes for longer

One of the good news stories to date has been the decline in soft tissue injuries. Under the previous regime we seemed to have heaps and for whatever reason recovery would take longer.

To date our 3 serious injuries have been breaks - Fox and Heeney - and bad bone bruising - Rowy.

Happily we seem to be doing much better under the new regime. I am delighted the Club recognised we had a serious problem and addressed it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the good news stories to date has been the decline in soft tissue injuries. Under the previous regime we seemed to have heaps and for whatever reason recovery would take longer.

To date our 3 serious injuries have been breaks - Fox and Heeney - and bad bone bruising - Rowy.

Happily we seem to be doing much better under the new regime. I am delighted the Club recognised we had a serious problem and addressed it.
Hope you’re not a mock GUH.....

Must say I am waiting for those who defended the old regime because the Club can do no wrong to acknowledge the changes.

I am a critic of Harley and Barley Charley but I dips my lid to them on this. Good for them for fixing a problem that has crippled the Club for years.

Apparently Heeney broke his hand punching/pushing off an opponent, hitting his shoulder hard enough to break his hand.
Has anyone seen this on any footage?
I heard this from a physio.

Apparently Heeney broke his hand punching/pushing off an opponent, hitting his shoulder hard enough to break his hand.
Has anyone seen this on any footage?
I heard this from a physio.
The only footage I saw from a tweet had to few pixels it looked like it was re-created on a SNES

Remove this Banner Ad

Back