Injury 2021 Injuries

Remove this Banner Ad

Our injury list will make for diabolical reading this week.

Buddy, Hickey, Naismith, Rampe, TMac, Fox, Ronke are going to have some company.

Looks like Georgie (def) and maybe Blakey and Brand will join them. Heeney, Rowy and and Paps played under severe duress. To me Reidy also looked like he had a niggle. Recovery will be vital for all those guys.

I reckon all changes this week will be injury related

Not a bad thing as hewett isn’t a defender amd Blakey can’t get a kick

Meh. Dawson and Mills are midfielders who have been asked to play elsewhere

Our injury list will make for diabolical reading this week.

Buddy, Hickey, Naismith, Rampe, TMac, Fox, Ronke are going to have some company.

Looks like Georgie (def) and maybe Blakey and Brand will join them. Heeney, Rowy and and Paps played under severe duress. To me Reidy also looked like he had a niggle. Recovery will be vital for all those guys.

I reckon all changes this week will be injury related

Well I think COR & Sam Grey will be on their last chances at becoming regular senior footy before a decision is made on their AFL careers. They must nail this opportunity.

It’s an expression of my confusion when a Swans supporter expresses that injuries to Swans players are “not a bad thing”.

Injury, particularly serious injury is just horrible. I am reminded how not just us but the whole footy world reached out in a positive way to Alex Johnson. I felt for the Footscray player Lin Jong, who on return from years of setbacks has had a bad hammy requiring another operation.

Must be some sort of sick joke but Sam Reid has gone down with a calf injury

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When do injuries stop becoming bad luck , and a result of bad injury management, training methods,etc
Depends on what they are. Something like lots of small tissue problems suggests bad management, impact injuries are more bad luck (though could also be explained by poor ground preparation).

When do injuries stop becoming bad luck , and a result of bad injury management, training methods,etc
When they're soft tissue or management choices.

No one could of prevented Heeney, Hickey, Rampe(maybe bad management), Franklin, Hewett, Rowbottom, Blakey, Papley(also maybe bad management), and McCartin(would argue that he is been managed well, don't risk soft tissue strains) getting injured the way they have.

We do have a new strength coach and leader of the high performance team from Richmond and we had a shorter pre season and maybe that he started a new program.

We looked fitter and maybe sharper early (See Reid) but the short break and new program got us going however we have been falling away in the last couple of weeks.

Collisions and breaks cant be stopped so its not his fault and likely it might take 3 years to see the full season results.

Also we defend terribly up the ground in F50, with too many around the ball and easily beaten on the fringes and flanks with tonnes of space for their runners. We have leaked points nearly every week and made it a massive task to curb others teams forwards.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back