Injury 2021 Injuries

These injuries are crippling momentum.

I was thinking of a few reserves potentially having played their last games now they have an incredible opportunity to make the most of any life line given or play their hearts out in the reserves if pulling on the jumper means enough to them.

Over to you Swans list it’s time to lift.

ashep

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 15, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
People laughed at me when I suggested our training regimen seemed less focused on strength/size than other sides.

Well...

There are mechanisms to deal with how content that offends in any way is dealt with.

I shouldn’t have to read that an injury to a Blood is not a bad thing. But there it is.

I am pretty sure whoever made the comment regrets it.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
From RWO so take it with a grain of salt.

I passed by training today and the most interesting thing I learned was that almost all our "injured" players were training, some of them with the fluro cap. That included Tom Hickey (with cap)!! And Robbie Fox. And Sam Naismith (no cap). Doesn't mean they'll play but so fascinating. Didn't they report that Hickey had done his PCL and would be out two months?

I had a brief word to Nick Blakey and got the impression he is likely to play this weekend.

I passed by training today and the most interesting thing I learned was that almost all our "injured" players were training, some of them with the fluro cap. That included Tom Hickey (with cap)!! And Robbie Fox. And Sam Naismith (no cap). Doesn't mean they'll play but so fascinating. Didn't they report that Hickey had done his PCL and would be out two months?

I had a brief word to Nick Blakey and got the impression he is likely to play this weekend.

Who is RWO and why would Hickey be training already? Unless just skills work in which case I'm not sure why that would be noteworthy.

And what is the relevance of a fluro cap?

As Robbie Fox was injured before the season started, I would expect Robbie to play a few VFL games to get match fit.
But it is pleasing that he is only a few weeks away from playing seniors.
We sure could use him down back this week.

Bloods86

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 7, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Adelaide United, Everton, Socceroos
Fox has been training the last 2 weeks
Given it was finger related, he should have been keeping fit. If he's been back in full training for a few weeks, I'd almost bring him straight in over debuting Gould if it came to that. Hopefully Brand is ok, and McCartin comes back to allow Fox at least 1 vfl game (and Gould at least one more to replicate last weeks good performance). Though by then Rampe should be back too.

Still, in 2 weeks, we could have Rampe, McCartin and Fox all playing, with Dawson freed up even more.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Who is RWO and why would Hickey be training already? Unless just skills work in which case I'm not sure why that would be noteworthy.

It's another Swans site which in the old days if you mentioned it on here you got a holiday which happened to me

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney

From the same poster.

Tom Hickey was playing in the match sim (or whatever it was). In the ruck. Actually playing. I can't explain it. I'm just telling you what I saw.

Back