Injury 2021 Injuries

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury report mid-March;

Ben Ronke has been experiencing some patellofemoral joint pain (kneecap pain) over the last few weeks.

Mentioned in a late March update that he was still experiencing pain when running.

Buddy, Rampe, Hewett and Fox are all a big chance to be available this weekend.
McCartin and Hickey got through last weeks game well
Naismith has completed a 6 week block of training - 2 weeks off playing games

Melican out with hammy 3ish weeks

Not a bad injury report

Buddy, Rampe, Hewett and Fox are all a big chance to be available this weekend.
McCartin and Hickey got through last weeks game well
Naismith has completed a 6 week block of training - 2 weeks off playing games

Melican out with hammy 3ish weeks

Not a bad injury report
The injury report did not mention Ronke :(

no it didn't. Always been a fan of Ronkes.. terrible run with injuries the last couple of years, could be career ending

Ronke looked fit during preseason training as though he had done a lot of running during the break.

They might have no new information so reluctant to give an estimate.

He is still young so still good chance of a career as a small pressure forward. We have 3 small forwards and 1-2 medium forwards in our best 22. So there should be opportunities.

I saw a list that had Ronke on it with "TBC". Had a look but couldn't see. I took that as they don't know.

I saw a list that had Ronke on it with "TBC". Had a look but couldn't see. I took that as they don't know.
Thanks Jewelsbon quoted the afl injury list but Ben was not mentioned on the Swans website.

How does the ruck combination look with a fit Naismith? Does he play or Tom Hickey stays as number 1?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hickey stays number 1. Naismith needs a long run in the Ressies.
On exposed form Hickey is a better player than Naismith. Cray might just shade him in taps but Hickey outpoints him everywhere else, but Cray is a much better backup than Sinkers. A long run in ressies to strengthen the knee is in big Sam's future.

I think this it’s awesome that Naismith should actually get to spend a bit of time at the lower level bringing himself back up to speed and developing his all round game at the slower pace. Our ruck situation has been such that each time he has returned he has quickly moved into the senior team which isn’t likely to occur this time.

He has missed out on so much development due to his body.

I think this it’s awesome that Naismith should actually get to spend a bit of time at the lower level bringing himself back up to speed and developing his all round game at the slower pace. Our ruck situation has been such that each time he has returned he has quickly moved into the senior team which isn’t likely to occur this time.

He has missed out on so much development due to his body.

Yep. With a bit of luck he might have a bit less wear and tear and be able to play another 5 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back