Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Starting to get a few, but good teams manage injuries. Harmes hasn't been setting the world on fire, but he usually plays well against the Saints and looked like he was building ok. So he will be a loss IMO. If only Viney comes in, we're probably still missing 5-6 of potential best 22. Not ideal but if we can be 50/50 when Brown/Weid in particular return, we'll be looking ok..

Just watching the Gus and Gawny Podcast, Weid is the guest, and is apparently looking at playing game time in the VFL in 2 weeks, and the full game the following week in the VFL. There was also the suggestion that the Casey forward line would be made up of Brown, Weideman, Daw and Brown.
Jesus that forward line

Just watching the Gus and Gawny Podcast, Weid is the guest, and is apparently looking at playing game time in the VFL in 2 weeks, and the full game the following week in the VFL. There was also the suggestion that the Casey forward line would be made up of Brown, Weideman, Daw and Brown.
Jake Lever said on SEN that both Weideman and Ben Brown are set to play round 1 of the VFL season which is 17th of April.

Shortened season? That's very late.
The 'VFL' us now the whole of the east coast reserves so maybe it's pushed back due to the Brisbane COVID situation
16 games across 19 rounds. That’s the date they announced at the beginning of February

F4F53DBD-F17C-4B9A-A46E-1F2AC209ED9B.jpeg

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Yeah it'll be a weird season the VFL this year, there is 22 clubs, but they'll only play 16 games, which will be ... interesting.

I think there might be an element of a COVID allowance for it, making it a bit smaller, with plenty of bye's so they can allow for restrictions and postponing games etc.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Here's the weird thing I don't quite get: Why didn't they re-brand it from VFL to EAFL(seeing as also encompasses teams from NSW/QLD)?
Word is that they'll likely re-brand it next season or the year after.

I think it's an expense thing, and is probably tied in to the rumour of a new AFL logo that is supposed to be in the works as well.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Weid seemed a bit ahead of Brown from what we've heard, I'd say round 7 is probably whats likely. They play a half in the VFL this week, two full matches then into the 1s. Will also depend on what days the VFL games are versus AFL as wouldn't want either of them having a 6 day break before their first AFL game.

He had the Jeff White Steven King kick to the face " in a s**t tone of pain/ where the * am I" look to him coming off the ground

Best case result is just a fractured eye socket I'd say, but probably ends up being much worse sadly.

He had the Jeff White Steven King kick to the face " in a sh*t tone of pain/ where the fu** am I" look to him coming off the ground

Best case result is just a fractured eye socket I'd say, but probably ends up being much worse sadly.
Worst case is what, blindness?

Worst case is what, blindness?

Maybe, don't want to speculate. Couldn't see exactly where the gash started and ended. Could have damaged his eye for sure.

slackboy72

All Australian
Aug 16, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yeah Goodwin said he would be out for several weeks.
One can't help but think of Mark Boucher who almost lost his eye in an innocuous way.
He needed a few operations but slowly re-gained his vision.

Get well soon Stevie.

Back