Injury 2021 injury thread, brought to you by Kevin White and AIA

He copped a knock on the ankle Friday and was sent in for scans today. I’d say not surprising considering his history of stress fractures. They would scan him with any complaint of pain in the ankle/shin I’d imagine.
He was walking normally.

domus

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 31, 2008
Mooroolbark
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Mooroolbark footy club
I see the Hanrahans on this board are out in force already! Let's assume its much worse than what is reported shall we?
Let's not pretend there haven't been a number of minor injuries that have morphed into something much more serious. Langdon's was not initially thought to be too serious. It ended his career., Beam's quad back in his first period at Collingwood, ended up missing most of the season yet they kept saying two weeks away for months and I know there have been others. People aren't plucking this notion out of their backsides. And minor though it may be, why is it always key personal at Collingwood who get these endless niggles? Adams, DeGoey, Moore, Treloar (now doing the same with the Dogs)

stormskye

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 24, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
When you are paying blokes 800k a year, of course you are getting precautionary scans, even if there’s 99.9% chance it’s nothing

Let's not pretend there haven't been a number of minor injuries that have morphed into something much more serious. Langdon's was not initially thought to be too serious. It ended his career., Beam's quad back in his first period at Collingwood, ended up missing most of the season yet they kept saying two weeks away for months and I know there have been others. People aren't plucking this notion out of their backsides. And minor though it may be, why is it always key personal at Collingwood who get these endless niggles? Adams, DeGoey, Moore, Treloar (now doing the same with the Dogs)

Yeah Beams and Reid got minor "nicks" in the final practice match that year and were touch and go for Round 1. Didn't see them until August.

Are there actually people on here that still believe in Beams’ “quad” injury?

Yes. Can't see why the club wouldn't have made up a long term injury, rather than going with 3 months of will he or won't he get up this week. Then again I can't see why the club did a lot of things they've done and the whole thing was bloody story was weird, as was most of Beams's career. So scratch that yes and make it a no.

Sep 14, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Anyone at training today? Sidebottom ACL better be a BS rumour.
FYI - that post is in relation to this:
E36745C6-549F-4663-B9FD-E3D94FB974CE.jpeg

Anyone at training today? Sidebottom ACL better be a BS rumour.
That’s why I’m here too, a mate of mine just told me the same thing. He’s a cats fan and doesn’t have a history of trolling me on these sorts of things.

Back