Injury 2021 injury thread, brought to you by Kevin White and AIA

Remove this Banner Ad

Adams will be touch and go for round 1. All depends if they decide to play him with no matches under his belt.

daicos is battling groin soreness I heard and didn’t train today

Mihocek I think is a bit sore in shin/calf hopefully he play Friday

Kelly need a good game on Friday to be in contention for round 1

but our injury profile seems to be very good for now

No..... they are always called “routine scans”.

So what exactly is a non routine scan?

If the term non routine scan is never used, then why use the word routine at all!!!

Just call it what it is...... a scan!!

Chaos of a daily routine.. break the routine.. what does it all mean in a new covid normal world?

Adams will be touch and go for round 1. All depends if they decide to play him with no matches under his belt.

daicos is battling groin soreness I heard and didn’t train today

Mihocek I think is a bit sore in shin/calf hopefully he play Friday

Kelly need a good game on Friday to be in contention for round 1

but our injury profile seems to be very good for now

There’ll be a VFL hitout between the community series match and Rd 1 which will be an opportunity for Adams to get a match in depending on his progress over the next 10 days. He looked like he’s in full training just not match sim based on training footage which is a good sign. My take is that if he’s ready for match sim this time next week he’ll play Rd 1 it’s then more of a question on whether they want the minutes at a lower intensity or not. You can never be sure with Adams though because of his history of overtraining in rehab...

The club wouldn't mislead us regarding injuries, would they?
Normally I’d agree, but the standard operating procedure for injury denying usually comes in the form of media silence, followed by a vague injury report where the players recovery time has mysteriously blown out by 2-3 weeks. The fact that the club has gone out of their way to announce straight away Tay and Sidey are fine on social media is a pretty strong indicator that the injury reports are genuinely false.

Normally I’d agree, but the standard operating procedure for injury denying usually comes in the form of media silence, followed by a vague injury report where the players recovery time has mysteriously blown out by 2-3 weeks. The fact that the club has gone out of their way to announce straight away Tay and Sidey are fine on social media is a pretty strong indicator that the injury reports are genuinely false.

Hope you're right. But as you pointed out, we don't have a great honesty record when it comes to injuries.
Be interesting to see if Tay trains during the week. I doubt he will play Friday against the tigers, so he should be training full on.

Hope you're right. But as you pointed out, we don't have a great honesty record when it comes to injuries.
Be interesting to see if Tay trains during the week. I doubt he will play Friday against the tigers, so he should be training full on.
He came out and did a full session 20 minutes after he supposedly injured himself, so I’d imagine he’ll be out there training with the VFL boys and the guys who aren’t playing against the Tigers on Friday morning.

Posted this in the Mason Cox thread, but perhaps it's more appropriate to post in here..... Just watched the interview with Mason on the club website. His pupil of his left eye is definitely more dilated than the right. Is this his new normal now or has he re-injured it? Would anyone know? I see he has a scratch and mark under the eye. Perhaps it's just the start of a black eye. :think:

Posted this in the Mason Cox thread, but perhaps it's more appropriate to post in here..... Just watched the interview with Mason on the club website. His pupil of his left eye is definitely more dilated than the right. Is this his new normal now or has he re-injured it? Would anyone know? I see he has a scratch and mark under the eye. Perhaps it's just the start of a black eye. :think:
He copped a poke in the eye during the game. Came back strongly after it though, so I doubt it's an issue.

It’s hard to get too upset about Kelly’s injury. While disappointing, we’ve seen only glimpses from him. Cox, Checkers and now Cameron are all well in front of him for tall forward roles.

Two games, two big injuries for Kelly. Whoever thought to give him Ben Reid’s number certainly knew what they were doing! And showed a mischievous sense of humour.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

^ Might need Adam Treloar to play for us and earn some of that $150,000 Collingwood are paying him ;) :), although he may not be fit for the game either, which would be a plus for us.

It’s hard to get too upset about Kelly’s injury. While disappointing, we’ve seen only glimpses from him. Cox, Checkers and now Cameron are all well in front of him for tall forward roles.

Two games, two big injuries for Kelly. Whoever thought to give him Ben Reid’s number certainly knew what they were doing! And showed a mischievous sense of humour.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

mcmahons performance in the VFL may soften the blow, only one game But promising nonetheless

I suppose we'll get some media footage of Sidebottom going in for a scan on Tuesday morning, and then some silence, and then some "it's not too bad" and then he'll end up missing games.

I can't wait for the day they just come out and say "Sidebottom has a torn such and such and will miss at least x weeks depending how he reacts to treatment" or something.

I suppose we'll get some media footage of Sidebottom going in for a scan on Tuesday morning, and then some silence, and then some "it's not too bad" and then he'll end up missing games.

I can't wait for the day they just come out and say "Sidebottom has a torn such and such and will miss at least x weeks depending how he reacts to treatment" or something.
already had the scan yesterday morning

collingwood.jpg

PLAYERINJURYESTIMATED RETURN
Taylor Adams Hamstring Test
Mark Keane Hand Test
Will Kelly Collarbone 6-10 weeks
Chris Mayne Concussion Test
Brody Mihocek Calf Test
Steele Sidebottom Calf Test
Updated: Tuesday, March 9
Early prognosis
Sidebottom
remains touch-and-go for the season opener with the Western Bulldogs after scans revealed a minor strain in his calf following the Richmond hitout. The Pies are adamant he's a 50-50 proposition to recover from the injury sustained exactly two weeks from round one. Kelly will be sidelined for at least six weeks after undergoing surgery to repair the broken collarbone he suffered against the Tigers. Adams faces a big week on the training track to prove he'll be fit to tackle the Dogs. The Pies are confident Mihocek and Mayne will be available after missing the clash with the Tigers. Keane has this week returned to full training with a glove after recently breaking his hand. - Mitch Cleary

collingwood.jpg

PLAYERINJURYESTIMATED RETURN
Taylor Adams Hamstring Test
Mark Keane Hand Test
Will Kelly Collarbone 6-10 weeks
Chris Mayne Concussion Test
Brody Mihocek Calf Test
Steele Sidebottom Calf Test
Updated: Tuesday, March 9
Early prognosis
Sidebottom
remains touch-and-go for the season opener with the Western Bulldogs after scans revealed a minor strain in his calf following the Richmond hitout. The Pies are adamant he's a 50-50 proposition to recover from the injury sustained exactly two weeks from round one. Kelly will be sidelined for at least six weeks after undergoing surgery to repair the broken collarbone he suffered against the Tigers. Adams faces a big week on the training track to prove he'll be fit to tackle the Dogs. The Pies are confident Mihocek and Mayne will be available after missing the clash with the Tigers. Keane has this week returned to full training with a glove after recently breaking his hand. - Mitch Cleary

Reef doesn’t get a mention.

The new injury report is a good thing, with clear information and honest reporting (I think) Good that Kelly isn’t as bad as we thought.
Seeing this report goes to show what crap Walsh was serving up to us, no respect for the fans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back