Remove this Banner Ad

Vdubs

Hall of Famer
Jan 1, 2008
MYOB
AFL Club
Geelong
Daily? Who said that?

Just do what other teams do and report estimated recovery times once a week.
Fair enough.
My impression is that each week, when it counts, we are indeed aware of who is injured, and roughly how significantly.
Not that we have any right to know explicit details, and I get you are not asking for that.

Art Vandelay_

TheBrownDog
Oct 28, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Bushrangers, AC Milan
The club never releasing its own list like all other clubs do.
All is not true.
Just tested your theory.

Sydney. Do not provide timeline list. Video program with discussion on injuries.
Collingwood have a video every week and the head physio gives detailed timelines.
Essendon have articles, use similar language as we do and have the short-medium-long term grading for ETA's.
Hawthorn have less info but week count
Richmond have about as much info as us on injuries, and S-M-L grading.
North and St.K. Cannot find a single injury related article, even after keyword searching.

Some clubs seem to provide updates in the manner you seek.

Reckon we had this discussion 5 years ago when this prompted a roast thread from Willo about club communication. I still don't see the fuss.
Having week ETA's on the club site doesn't do anything in the scheme of things, and if the beef is how they communicate with fans then I'd say this is one of the more insignificant areas to criticise given the sharp downhill turn the media department has taken in the last 3-4 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seeds

Hall of Famer
Sep 15, 2007
I don't know
AFL Club
Geelong
When?
Certainly not on Friday - "underdone" would be a very polite decription.
He had 12 disposals and 3 clearances in half a game of football with 83 percent disposal efficiency. The second most disposals he has had in a game is 16. He was clearly going to smash that. if you are playing your second best game and doing it against the reigning premiers to boot then I would say you are in good form.

Down at K Park

Brownlow Medallist
May 18, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
He had 12 disposals and 3 clearances in half a game of football with 83 percent disposal efficiency. The second most disposals he has had in a game is 16. He was clearly going to smash that. if you are playing your second best game and doing it against the reigning premiers to boot then I would say you are in good form.
Yeah i thought he played pretty well. Especially since he would have been a bit rusty.

FredLeDeux

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
He was playing crap

David the Cat

Dec 7, 2009
Thailand
AFL Club
Geelong
Well that’s an intelligent response that does not fit with the stats.
You can play crap and still rack up the stats...

You can be BOG and still not generate brilliant stats...ala Clurey for Port...

That said, I thought Simpson was ok...but I'm a bit biased. I liked what I saw last year. Has that little touch of class when the heats on.

Last edited:

Seeds

Hall of Famer
Sep 15, 2007
I don't know
AFL Club
Geelong
You can play crap and still rack up the stats...

You can be BOG and still not generate brilliant stats...ala Clurey for Port...

That said, I thought Simpson was ok...but I'm a bit biased. I liked what I saw last year. Has that little touch of class when the heats on.
And showed that touch again he did on Friday. His weakness has always been finding enough ball and on Friday he was finding ball.

cats_09

Jun 21, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Injury update time:

GEELONG has received some positive news on Monday with Luke Dahlhaus cleared of any injury after leaving the ground early in the Cats’ 63-point victory against Richmond on Friday night.
“Our medical team have let us know that he is clear of any injury last week and we expect him to be available for the game this Friday against St Kilda,” GM of Football Simon Lloyd says.

The news is also positive for Esava Ratugolea.
“Esava suffered a poke to the eye in the game. We’ve had a number of enquiries about Esava, and he is absolutely fine.”

The news isn’t as good for Sam Simpson who suffered a low-grade hamstring strain against Richmond.
“He has commenced his rehabilitation. Sam’s really professional and we will have to tick a few things off before he gets moving again.”

Defender Jake Kolodjashnij (MCL) and Patrick Dangerfield (Ankle) have taken positive steps forward in their rehabilitation.
“Kolodjashnij is on the cusp and he will return this week or next and Patrick Dangerfield is commencing on field running this week.”

Gryan Miers is tracking well in his recovery from a fractured fibula.
“He will commence running in a very short period of time which is a real positive and he is tracking well.”

Talented big man Nathan Kreuger has a return date in site after a stint on the sidelines.
“He is coming off a knee injury and he will be available either this week or next.”

Second-year Cat Cooper Stephens has resumed some football and likely to return in the coming weeks.
“Cooper Stephens has resumed some football and commenced change in direction and running, and we will just see how he progresses in the coming weeks.”

Finally, Francis Evans completed the craft session on Monday is potentially available next week, while Mark O’Connor has commenced running as he overcomes a hamstring injury.

Remove this Banner Ad