Injury 2021 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss-assessment?

Players do respond differently, although that seems like way too big a gap.

Most likely more AFL lies.

The 6-8 weeks came from the Swans
“Tom had a very common injury for ruckman unfortunately, it was a PCL injury. These typically take about six to eight weeks to return to play.” Swans Head of Physiotherapy and Medical Services Damian Raper.

This was Longmire after the Swans win over us:
But the prized recruit instead missed just one game because of his torn posterior cruciate ligament (PCL), returning with a bang to be one of the Swans' best in Saturday's upset victory.

"I'm still scratching my head about it," Longmire said.

"We think he might have hurt it a bit in 2016 ... and maybe that's why he's been able to recovery so much.

"His knee must have been used to not having a full posterior cruciate, if that makes sense.

"I'm still scratching my head about it," Longmire said.

"We think he might have hurt it a bit in 2016 ... and maybe that's why he's been able to recovery so much.

"His knee must have been used to not having a full posterior cruciate, if that makes sense.
I'm not a Dr. but it doesn't really make sense to me Jonny boy. :)

Still, I guess its some sort of reason as to why he got back very quickly.

Take everything "AFL" (which includes clubs and reporters) with a grain of salt! Eh?

I'm not a Dr. but it doesn't really make sense to me Jonny boy. :)

Still, I guess its some sort of reason as to why he got back very quickly.

Take everything "AFL" (which includes clubs and reporters) with a grain of salt! Eh?
Yep. I think clubs must have a kind of injury "playbook" that they go to. It's easier to say a player is out with a specific type of injury that may conveniently have a shorter recovery time if things go well (like say.. just before the finals ;)) than to just say they're being managed and then be asked by reporters every week about what the specific issue is and when they're likely to return. Longmire's explanation has got to be one of the most hilarious one's I've heard.

Yep. I think clubs must have a kind of injury "playbook" that they go to. It's easier to say a player is out with a specific type of injury that may conveniently have a shorter recovery time if things go well (like say.. just before the finals ;)) than to just say they're being managed and then be asked by reporters every week about what the specific issue is and when they're likely to return. Longmire's explanation has got to be one of the most hilarious one's I've heard.

It’s not that outlandish IMO, if you are used to playing without a particular liagament and have been training with it performing minimal function, then surrounding muscles can strengthen to compensate. Longmire is saying his PCL essentially stopped working a long time ago, presumably from persistent ruck impacts and over years his body had adapted. So when they went to do the 8-10 week rehab his knee stabilisation muscles, they were already much stronger than expected had already be to a level expected, strong enough that his knee was already stable.

Is Clark contracted or not?

Also an injury update

OUT-of-contract Geelong speedster Jordan Clark faces “several weeks” on the sidelines after being injured in the Cats’ VFL win over Brisbane Lions on Friday.

Geelong football boss Simon Lloyd has confirmed to krockfootball.com.au following scans on Saturday that Clark has suffered damage to his AC joint.

However, the 20-year-old has avoided surgery and should return later in the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Clark contracted or not?

Also an injury update

Is he out of contract? I thought he was contracted to end of 2022

Jordan had been in strong form and unfortunately suffered an AC joint injury,” GM of Football Simon Lloyd says.

“We’re currently working through his rehabilitation timelines and we expect him to be without him for several weeks.”

Sam Simpson is closing in on full health after dealing with soft tissue concerns for much of the first half of the season and is reintegrating with the main group.

“The focus has been progressing through his rehabilitation after a quad injury,” Lloyd says.

“He’s showing positive progress and is getting closer to playing by the week.”

Key defender Nathan Kreuger could be back for this weekend’s VFL encounter with the Bombers.

“Kreuger suffered a blow towards the lower back region against Footscray,” Lloyd says.

“Since that period, he’s shown significant improvement where he’s now mobile and we’ve seen him running, kicking and moving.

“He’s expected to train this week and be available

Cameron Taheny is making progress after a hamstring strain and could also be eyeing the Bombers clash.

“Taheny suffered a moderate hamstring strain,” Lloyd says.

Cameron Taheny is making progress after a hamstring strain and could also be eyeing the Bombers clash.

“Taheny suffered a moderate hamstring strain,” Lloyd says.
Finally. Talk about the forgotten recruit. He looked very promising in the early days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back