Injury 2021 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looking at the strapping on his thumb, it looks very similar to the strapping on Parfitt's thumb - so not sure it's a broken hand as I'd think he'd have more strapping or a brace on his hand

Would think it's more of an issue with the thumb, but not sure if it's necessarily broken

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it’s a completely different injury though.. his was navicular
* I am no expert however

Yeah I'm more looking at the scenario than the specific injury - rushing someone back for the sake of finals.. just would hate to see them do this at Tom's expense.

With perfect 20/20 hindsight, you'd have to wonder why they played him in a game that wasn't sudden death. Would a week off help the injury mend?

I heard the KROCK guys suggest he play as a forward this week (since we got killed in the mid field against Port and Melbourne plus we couldn't kick goals), but if he is having trouble marking the ball is it even worth doing that!

With perfect 20/20 hindsight, you'd have to wonder why they played him in a game that wasn't sudden death. Would a week off help the injury mend?

Probably expected to book a prelim

Later in the game he started two grabbing his marks after he dropped those simple ones. I think that will be what he goes with this week. Knock it forward and take it on the second touch.

Hard not to think our season is done.

There is no way he can play at the level we need him to win the Flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back