Injury 2021 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phuk these injuries to key players in our team. No luck. Meanwhile Melbourne is pretty much at full strength. Bloody frustrating!!

Last edited:
Danger injured, means he cannot play midfield, as he will not be able to tackle/dispose of the ball well enough in traffic, to the level needed. Holmes comes in for mine and gets some decent midfield minutes, with Danger being thrown forward. Dahl gets dropped, and Tuohy comes in, with Zuthrie coming in for O'Connor. Need fit players who actually can play their positions, not just 'fitting everyone in.'

B: Bews, Blics, Zuthrie
HB: Henry, Henderson, Tuohy
C: Menegola, Selwood, I. Smith
FO: Stanley, Guthrie, Parfitt
HF: Duncan, Cameron, Rohan
F: Danger, Hawkins, Close
INT: Holmes, Miers, Higgins, Kolo

That to me looks like a far better side, than what we had last week - as Dahl does NOT deserve another game after his insipid performance. Rohan on thin ice too

Danger injured, means he cannot play midfield, as he will not be able to tackle/dispose of the ball well enough in traffic, to the level needed. Holmes comes in for mine and gets some decent midfield minutes, with Danger being thrown forward. Dahl gets dropped, and Tuohy comes in, with Zuthrie coming in for O'Connor. Need fit players who actually can play their positions, not just 'fitting everyone in.'

That to me looks like a far better side, than what we had last week - as Dahl does NOT deserve another game after his insipid performance. Rohan on thin ice too
Can't have Guthrie, Blicavs and Kolo down back. We shouldn't even be playing two together.

Can't have Guthrie, Blicavs and Kolo down back. We shouldn't even be playing two together.

Mmm don't disagree, but with O'Connor out and Stewart very unlikely for the rest of the season, we need to get someone down there to cover them off. Zuthrie isn't perfect, but he's definitely come on a lot more this year. I'd probably shift Kolo down back then, put Blics on the bench and have him cover wherever we need, with Dunc, Menegola and I. Smith pushing back to cover as well.

Problem is, there's really no 'good' solution now, given just how skint we are for decent defenders.

Mmm don't disagree, but with O'Connor out and Stewart very unlikely for the rest of the season, we need to get someone down there to cover them off. Zuthrie isn't perfect, but he's definitely come on a lot more this year. I'd probably shift Kolo down back then, put Blics on the bench and have him cover wherever we need, with Dunc, Menegola and I. Smith pushing back to cover as well.

Problem is, there's really no 'good' solution now, given just how skint we are for decent defenders.
I'd rather play Clark for more run off half back,but really don't think we will see either.

See post #791 of this thread. On track so far.
He still has to walk with one crutch. He’s no chance.

He’s only on track in that he’s about where they would expect him to be at this point. Not that he’s on track to play within a couple of weeks. That isn’t going to happen. Would be a complete miracle if he did.

He still has to walk with one crutch. He’s no chance.

He’s only on track in that he’s about where they would expect him to be at this point. Not that he’s on track to play within a couple of weeks. That isn’t going to happen. Would be a complete miracle if he did.
Incorrect. It is stated as he’s on track to play if all goes well.

And what is danger going to do up Foward if he can’t mark?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Newspaper today said he’s still walking with one crutch. He’s no chance. Zero.
I'm walking with one crutch and it doesn't effect my everyday living.

Stewy was on Close's Twitch stream for a quick chat a few hours ago. Naturally he was asked how the injury is tracking and if he thinks he's a chance at a GF return should we make it, to which he replied the following:

"The injury's going really well for all those interested. Off crutches, started doing some stair walks and stuff today. Aim to run either late this week or early next week so very exciting times. The boys just need some more Ws and give me a chance to get back."

"I'll give it my best, if we make the granny the aim is to play. So that's the idea, giving it every chance."

Make of that what you will but those are his words and he seemed reasonably upbeat in general. I'm not an advocate of trying to rush him back if it poses a long-term risk, but you would hope the medical team around him are professional enough to make the right call if it comes to that. Still, it's all the stuff of fairy tales unless we can actually win 2 more games in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back