Injury 2021 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
God we have such sh*t medicos...I'm so sick of this always happening. How many times do we have to hear 'oh there was something unexpected that came up that we didn't see on first scan.' I cannot actually remember the last time we were like 'player x will miss x weeks' and then they were just back within that timeframe. Seems to happen with so many other clubs, but never with us when it comes to any sort of injury.

If Cameron doesn't play next week, and he's had another setback, that is a serious f*cking problem. I am so livid right now.
for reference... the "medicos" pretty much got cleaned out after Xmas and this is a totally new group.

So in fact, thats 2 groups you can now be shitty with.

GO Catters

I'm not sure I'll be able to back the Cats staff on this one, if they literally have thrown away a quarter of our season due to mismanaging his loads coming back. Coupled with Higgins, Evan, Stephens, Ratugolea etc. this is starting to get very bad - and it's only Round 4.

Just to clarify, are you saying the bolded are medical dept failures or are you suggesting that the listed outs are bad for Rd4 in the season.

GO Catters

for reference... the "medicos" pretty much got cleaned out after Xmas and this is a totally new group.

So in fact, thats 2 groups you can now be shitty with.

GO Catters

I'd rather not be shitty with any of them!

I know budget cuts led to a lot of changes and lot of them leaving, but it does seem as if we're following the same old patterns, and it's a seriously worrisome sign when our star recruit who is supposed to lead us to flag glory, will now miss a quarter of the season so far - if he doesn't play next week.

The messaging out of the club has gone from 'he was close this week, but we're erring on the side of the caution' - before the Hawks game -, to 'we want to be ultra conservative so he won't play this week and we're not going to put a specific timeframe on his return.'

I mean seriously, that is really concerning how quickly that messaging has changed - and how in the dark everyone is as to when he'll play. I'd rather they had said 'we're gonna give him 2 months - so he's completely right when he debuts', rather than this whole 'he'll play!...oh wait....maybe not...we want to be cautious'... It's eerily reminiscent of the whole Cockatoo saga - as others have pointed out.

Just to clarify, are you saying the bolded are medical dept failures or are you suggesting that the listed outs are bad for Rd4 in the season.

GO Catters

Nah I'm definitely not saying they're med failures, lol - that would be disingenuous. The medicos didn't kick Sav and Coop in the leg, or fracture Higgins' thumb, lol. It's just a very bad start to the season, coupled with all the murkiness surrounding Cameron + Danger and Rohan being suspended on top, for the stupidest reasons.

The Sav details are good - contrary to the KROCK medical blokes report of the injury still being weeks away.

Good news

Go Catters
funnily enough.... Kingy on Podcast suggested Sav was still miles away based on what he's been told.

Someone is right here.

GO CAtters

funnily enough.... Kingy on Podcast suggested Sav was still miles away based on what he's been told.

Someone is right here.

GO CAtters

I think they're both right, tbh. Scott said last week in his presser that 'Esava hasn't been able to run all pre-season, so we've got to get k's in his legs.'

Just because he's doing some running now and might get a few VFL minutes here and there, doesn't mean he's actually anywhere near ready for the real stuff yet.

On the flip side, it's more medium term than long term, so when he was asked, do you think it will be before the bye, he did seem to scoff at the suggestion that it would take that long, and was more a sort of 6 week or so thing (Round 10 or so).

I think the messaging that seems positive re: Coop, Simmo and Sav, is just that there doesn't seem to be any further complications, and it's now just about getting a mini pre-season into them and getting them fit enough to play some VFL, and then hopefully, AFL.

They're both right, but they're just putting different spins on the situation, IMO

Someone is right here.

GO CAtters

Hi all,

Last week Chris Scott spoke about Esava at his media conference and asked was it possible we wouldn't see him until the second half of the season. His reply was if they were being conservative. There was never any mention of him being close to playing VFL. However, speaking with Corey Enright today, there has been a rapid improvement. I based my comments on what Chris shared last week.

Regards

Kingy

Hi all,

Last week Chris Scott spoke about Esava at his media conference and asked was it possible we wouldn't see him until the second half of the season. His reply was if they were being conservative. There was never any mention of him being close to playing VFL. However, speaking with Corey Enright today, there has been a rapid improvement. I based my comments on what Chris shared last week.

Regards

Kingy
Keep up the good work Kingy. Without you all we have is tea leaves, a ouija board and a magic 8 ball to try to understand this club’s injury situation.

Regardless of Esava's running fitness, I'd like to see him in the VFL a few weeks to build confidence in his marking hands and kicking. He's even more inconsistent than Rohan. In his first stint before breaking his leg, he had gotten to a good level of confidence, and he was affecting games. On his comeback, he was starting from scratch again and it showed. Don't rush him physically and don't rush him mentally.

Hi all,

Regards

Kingy

Thank you so much Kingy, really appreciate the info!

Now I know it's a lot to ask, but given the likely number of people who are probably digging their claws into their armrests over the Cameron situation (I'm definitely one of them), any way you could find out what exactly is happening there, if he has re-tweaked his hammy, and how long it is until we see him?

Any info you could provide would be great moving forward, as we're all completely in the dark here - as are most supporters too I reckon.

Cheers again mate, and thanks for all you do :)

K rock Football

Great work and thanks Kingy.... you do the best work. That Benny bloke goes ok too.. but we all know who's in the engine room.

Cheers mate

Go Catters

Thank you so much Kingy, really appreciate the info!

Now I know it's a lot to ask, but given the likely number of people who are probably digging their claws into their armrests over the Cameron situation (I'm definitely one of them), any way you could find out what exactly is happening there, if he has re-tweaked his hammy, and how long it is until we see him?

Any info you could provide would be great moving forward, as we're all completely in the dark here - as are most supporters too I reckon.

Cheers again mate, and thanks for all you do :)
Sounds like a great Podcast question Shadow89

Pose it here and i have no doubt the boys will give it their best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

God we have such sh*t medicos...I'm so sick of this always happening. How many times do we have to hear 'oh there was something unexpected that came up that we didn't see on first scan.' I cannot actually remember the last time we were like 'player x will miss x weeks' and then they were just back within that timeframe. Seems to happen with so many other clubs, but never with us when it comes to any sort of injury.

If Cameron doesn't play next week, and he's had another setback, that is a serious f*cking problem. I am so livid right now.
Disappointing post from you.
I'll put it down to ignorance and frustration.
Our current medical team is brand new.
It's the players who have the injuries, not the medical team bestowing it upon them.
If you really studied the injuries at all other teams, you would have a similar frustration.

Disappointing post from you.
I'll put it down to ignorance and frustration.
Our current medical team is brand new.
It's the players who have the injuries, not the medical team bestowing it upon them.
If you really studied the injuries at all other teams, you would have a similar frustration.

I'll cop that - definitely is frustration. I'm not sure I'd go as far as ignorance, as we'd actually have to be given the info for me to be ignorant to it. I know we've had a turnover of med staff, but we still have the same messaging - so that's probably not on them.

Honestly, I think it's mostly tied more to the fact that we're kept in the dark, so we're left to our own devices when it comes to assessing the outcomes of the players and their injuries, unlike when we used to have our head med officer deliver actual detailed info every week - now I'm sitting here begging Kingy to get some info for us re: Cameron - as it's just crickets when it comes to what's actually happening.

You'll note that I clarified in one of my posts above to daz, that I'm definitely not blaming the medicos when it comes to Sav, Higgins, Evans, Coop etc. - I think it's just the Cameron situation being so similar to the Cockatoo situation (lots of eager hopeful people waiting to hear the best outcome - then getting nothing but mixed messaging of yes, no , maybe and then nothing...it's tough).

Apologies for letting my frustrations get the better of me.

Funny the club is floating Cameron playing. Billy on the rush hour confirms what others have said in that he isn’t training and won’t be playing until May. A few jokes about it but you can tell there is real concern now.

Rumour doing the rounds is that he still has some bleeding in the hammy and is having injections. Not a tear but not doing any training so it would be a massive gamble to play him you’d think.

Funny the club is floating Cameron playing. Billy on the rush hour confirms what others have said in that he isn’t training and won’t be playing until May. A few jokes about it but you can tell there is real concern now.

Rumour doing the rounds is that he still has some bleeding in the hammy and is having injections. Not a tear but not doing any training so it would be a massive gamble to play him you’d think.
He himself said he only needs to get through 3 more sessions. Not sure who to believe.

Cameron seems to be a fair bit more positive on his condition & likely return:

“I would like to say I’m heading in the right direction,” Cameron said.

“There are probably 2-3 sessions I have to tick off before then. Whether we can cram them all into the one week lead up is another question.

“We will have to wait and see. It’s really positive at the moment and ticking along nicely.

When asked specifically what he needs to do to play, Cameron said it’s all about load.

“Some of the larger sessions,” he added.

“Time on legs. The stuff I’ve done in the lead up hasn’t been that large. The sessions have been based around how I’m feeling and taking it nice and slowly, which has been a good approach. That’s been important. Getting the bigger sessions under my belt is the key now.”

Billy unfortunately seems like too much of a drunken fool, rather than an informed opinion, these days. Used to skirt the line on The Footy Show between the two quite well, but I'd say Billy is far less involved with the club than he used to be - and I'd trust Cameron's own word over his

I don't think they should rush him back for the roos game. Better off holding him back a week imo.

Yeah I've always had him in for the Eagles game. Still at home so gets the nice debut home crowd, but also will be very much needed against the Eagles - unlike he will be against the Roos

Billy unfortunately seems like too much of a drunken fool, rather than an informed opinion, these days. Used to skirt the line on The Footy Show between the two quite well, but I'd say Billy is far less involved with the club than he used to be - and I'd trust Cameron's own word over his
Bill might act that way but he knows what’s going on at the club. He’s heavily involved outside of his son actually being there.

let’s watch to see if JC trains this week at all. Words are just that. If I see him actually on the track from that point he’d be 1-2 weeks away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back