Injury 2021 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Devil’s advocate: I thought Allen was diving to take the mark and it was a reasonable thing to do in the circumstances. Sometimes injuries happen through bad luck.

Bugger -

RYAN Miers will miss Geelong’s premiership rematch with the Tigers after fracturing his fibula in the weekend's loss to Sydney.

Miers limped from the ground after a collision with Swan Sam Wicks halfway through the second term and was replaced by injury sub Zach Guthrie at the main change.

“Gryan has a small hairline fracture of his fibula,” GM of Football Simon Lloyd says.

“It’s currently looking stable and able to take some load. He’s in a CAM boot and will complete an active rehab pathway.

“Gryan will spend a short period on the sidelines.”

As for others on the injury list

Shaun Higgins could put his hand up as a possible replacement for Miers, with the 240-game veteran close to getting the green light from Geelong medical staff.
“Shaun is likely to return to football this week,” Lloyd says.
“He was close to playing last week so he’s more than likely to return this week.”
Higgins has played three games in Cats colours after injuring his thumb and hamstring in Geelong’s Round 3 win over the Hawks.
https://www.geelongcats.com.au/news/923845/higgins-i-ve-ticked-off-everything

Reliable defender Jake Kolodjashnij will be monitored throughout the week as he recovers from a low-grade MCL injury.
“Jake is moving freely and progressing through his rehabilitation,” Lloyd says.
“We’ll monitor his running in main training this week.”

Dynamic Cat Patrick Dangerfield is recovering well from ankle surgery after suffering a syndesmosis injury in his return from suspension against North Melbourne.
“Patrick has considerable range of motion,” Lloyd says.
“His ankle is stable and he’s commenced rehabilitation. He’ll move as quickly as his KPIs allow.”

Francis Evans continues to progress as he recovers from his own syndesmosis injury, while Cooper Stephens is also dealing with his own ankle complaint.

Irish Cat Mark O’Connor is working his way back from a hamstring injury after Chris Scott ruled him out for ‘a period of weeks’ in last week’s pre-game press conference.

Nathan Kreuger is dealing with a minor knee issue.

Simon Lloyd I am sure is a very competent professional but he has an intensely annoying way of wording his injury reports.
How to use a lot of words without necessarily saying a lot

How to use a lot of words without necessarily saying a lot
Simon Lloyd I am sure is a very competent professional but he has an intensely annoying way of wording his injury reports.
This was said last week too, and I personally see nothing wrong with any of his reports or prognostications. Not wordy, not misleading, basically spot on. Some people just look for things that are not an issue.

This was said last week too, and I personally see nothing wrong with any of his reports or prognostications. Not wordy, not misleading, basically spot on. Some people just look for things that are not an issue.
“Player has an injury and is recovering.”

#insightful

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“Player has an injury and is recovering.”

#insightful
Not sure what is wrong with this report?

Higgins: provided update that he is likely available ✅
Kolodjashnij: Provided rehab update detailing how is right now (moving freely) and what they will be doing this week. ✅
Dangerfield: Rehab update detailing range of motion and surgery stabilisation. ✅
O’Connor: Maintains that he is out for a number of weeks ✅

The only one’s light on are Stephens and Evans. Miers info came out later in the day if I am not mistaken.

Good. At least he is recovering. And I didn't happen to read that one.
What were you hoping for?
Don't bring up the Pies again.
The only thing that matters is when they are going to play again. Everything else is useless.

Daily? Who said that?

Just do what other teams do and report estimated recovery times once a week.
Fair enough.
My impression is that each week, when it counts, we are indeed aware of who is injured, and roughly how significantly.
Not that we have any right to know explicit details, and I get you are not asking for that.

The club never releasing its own list like all other clubs do.
All is not true.
Just tested your theory.

Sydney. Do not provide timeline list. Video program with discussion on injuries.
Collingwood have a video every week and the head physio gives detailed timelines.
Essendon have articles, use similar language as we do and have the short-medium-long term grading for ETA's.
Hawthorn have less info but week count
Richmond have about as much info as us on injuries, and S-M-L grading.
North and St.K. Cannot find a single injury related article, even after keyword searching.

Some clubs seem to provide updates in the manner you seek.

Reckon we had this discussion 5 years ago when this prompted a roast thread from Willo about club communication. I still don't see the fuss.
Having week ETA's on the club site doesn't do anything in the scheme of things, and if the beef is how they communicate with fans then I'd say this is one of the more insignificant areas to criticise given the sharp downhill turn the media department has taken in the last 3-4 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back