Injury 2021 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorry to intrude guys. As you would know Sam Simpson tweaked a hammy last night. He’s off for scans this morning. They’re thinking it’s on the lesser scale of tears.
His old man said it was soreness and he's off for scans.

When?
Certainly not on Friday - "underdone" would be a very polite decription.
He had 12 disposals and 3 clearances in half a game of football with 83 percent disposal efficiency. The second most disposals he has had in a game is 16. He was clearly going to smash that. if you are playing your second best game and doing it against the reigning premiers to boot then I would say you are in good form.

He had 12 disposals and 3 clearances in half a game of football with 83 percent disposal efficiency. The second most disposals he has had in a game is 16. He was clearly going to smash that. if you are playing your second best game and doing it against the reigning premiers to boot then I would say you are in good form.
Yeah i thought he played pretty well. Especially since he would have been a bit rusty.

He was playing crap

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well that’s an intelligent response that does not fit with the stats.

You can play crap and still rack up the stats...

You can be BOG and still not generate brilliant stats...ala Clurey for Port...

That said, I thought Simpson was ok...but I'm a bit biased. I liked what I saw last year. Has that little touch of class when the heats on.

Last edited:
You can play crap and still rack up the stats...

You can be BOG and still not generate brilliant stats...ala Clurey for Port...

That said, I thought Simpson was ok...but I'm a bit biased. I liked what I saw last year. Has that little touch of class when the heats on.
And showed that touch again he did on Friday. His weakness has always been finding enough ball and on Friday he was finding ball.

Injury update time:

GEELONG has received some positive news on Monday with Luke Dahlhaus cleared of any injury after leaving the ground early in the Cats’ 63-point victory against Richmond on Friday night.
“Our medical team have let us know that he is clear of any injury last week and we expect him to be available for the game this Friday against St Kilda,” GM of Football Simon Lloyd says.

The news is also positive for Esava Ratugolea.
“Esava suffered a poke to the eye in the game. We’ve had a number of enquiries about Esava, and he is absolutely fine.”

The news isn’t as good for Sam Simpson who suffered a low-grade hamstring strain against Richmond.
“He has commenced his rehabilitation. Sam’s really professional and we will have to tick a few things off before he gets moving again.”

Defender Jake Kolodjashnij (MCL) and Patrick Dangerfield (Ankle) have taken positive steps forward in their rehabilitation.
“Kolodjashnij is on the cusp and he will return this week or next and Patrick Dangerfield is commencing on field running this week.”

Gryan Miers is tracking well in his recovery from a fractured fibula.
“He will commence running in a very short period of time which is a real positive and he is tracking well.”

Talented big man Nathan Kreuger has a return date in site after a stint on the sidelines.
“He is coming off a knee injury and he will be available either this week or next.”

Second-year Cat Cooper Stephens has resumed some football and likely to return in the coming weeks.
“Cooper Stephens has resumed some football and commenced change in direction and running, and we will just see how he progresses in the coming weeks.”

Finally, Francis Evans completed the craft session on Monday is potentially available next week, while Mark O’Connor has commenced running as he overcomes a hamstring injury.

Simpson had been grabbing at his hammy for most of the game, started doing it in the 1st qtr. Whether that impacted his kicking or not I don't know but he is normally pretty good by foot.

Didn't notice that. But the two horrendous kicking errors noted above (which cost us 11 points on the night) certainly weren't what I normally expect from Sam. I, for one, was really happy to see him back in the ones. But it appears he may have been rushed back a little and needs a longer build-up next time around.

I really hope they get it right after this setback; otherwise his season could end up being just about wasted before it's really begun. Clear 'best 22' for mine when he's fit and firing.

Didn't notice that. But the two horrendous kicking errors noted above (which cost us 11 points on the night) certainly weren't what I normally expect from Sam. I, for one, was really happy to see him back in the ones. But it appears he may have been rushed back a little and needs a longer build-up next time around.

I really hope they get it right after this setback; otherwise his season could end up being just about wasted before it's really begun. Clear 'best 22' for mine when he's fit and firing.
He was out due to a quad injury, not a hamstring though. I could get your point if he re-did his quad. But the hamstrings are starting to become a concern for him now. How many times are we up to now?

He was out due to a quad injury, not a hamstring though. I could get your point if he re-did his quad. But the hamstrings are starting to become a concern for him now. How many times are we up to now?
from his senior debut this is 3 but by far the slightest in terms of hammys by my count

GO Catters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back