Injury 2021 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

You spelled Birchall wrong.
Let me fix that little mistake up for you Jason ;)

Backs: Grant Birchall, Grant Birchall, Grant Birchall.
Half Backs: Grant Birchall, Grant Birchall, Grant Birchall.

Medical Sub: Grant Birchall :p

Let me fix that little mistake up for you Jason ;)

Backs: Grant Birchall, Grant Birchall, Grant Birchall.
Half Backs: Grant Birchall, Grant Birchall, Grant Birchall.

Medical Sub: Grant Birchall :p

Not sure we can play both Birchall & Birchall & Birchall & Birchall & Birchall & Birchall in the same backline.

Maybe drop one of them for Lester.

Why not play Andrews as a leading forward similar to how Hipwood operated and then allow Gardiner & Adams back in defence, when fit :p

Our coaches might want to trial that experiment again over the upcoming pre-season until Hipwood is back, if we can't find a mature option in the F50 next season to fill that void for 12 months such as Casboult (Carlton) or Lynch (Adelaide).

Never, in a million years. That said - Harris is getting a bit snarkey lately, getting a bit frustrated at times. Mayhap 5 minutes up forward every now and then might cause problems.

My back 7 for finals at this stage would be >

Daniel Rich, Harris Andrews, Darcy Gardiner.
Jack Payne, Marcus Adams, Brandon Starcevich.

James Madden.

But... Answerth?

James Madden.
I think this will more resemble 2022, providing Adams has resigned. I still think our backline without Birch and Lester a few weeks ago against Geelong looked good. I probably agree with your 7 for the finals, especially as Geelong seem keen to play 3 talls plus Rohen. Dogs likely to play 3 talls, and Melbourne still deciding if Brown can fit into their forward line. Not to mention Port also likely to play 3 talls, even when Robbie Gray is back, and Richmond even look like playing 3 talls. However, I don't believe Fages will not play Birch and Lester.

James Madden.

I don’t think Gardiner will be back this year Jason.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

James Madden.
If all fit, I would go with.
Starcevich, Andrews, Gardiner
Rich, Adams, Birchall
And AhChee
Would prefer Madden in for Birch, but I just can’t see that happening.

If Adams get back what about doing a Michael Reeves with him and give him a run as second ruckman? Fullerton isn't really a ruckman, rarely marking around the ground and his ruckwork is only better than Daniher

Matty Rendell and Reeves were a good combination, different players so hard to match up.

Is there a bye before the finals this year? Could be important for Gardiner and Adams

Yes they can, and no Adams will not be pushed forward. Why take a 7.5-8/10 player and move him to a position where he is probably 4/10 at best?
i meant because we have Hipwood out and Payne also is in. Was coming across from a point of view of covering Hipwood's absence temporarily. So i threw the suggestion of Adams forward. I wouldn't want Adams forward permanently. Even if it was Lester forward or Payne forward. Someone to be a target that isn't Fullarton....as I don't think Fullarton is the short term answer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i meant because we have Hipwood out and Payne also is in. Was coming across from a point of view of covering Hipwood's absence temporarily. So i threw the suggestion of Adams forward. I wouldn't want Adams forward permanently. Even if it was Lester forward or Payne forward. Someone to be a target that isn't Fullarton....as I don't think Fullarton is the short term answer.

I see no reason to believe that Payne or Lester could be even as good as Fullarton is at the moment in that position. I think we just have to get used to that reality or bring in Archie Smith and play 2 ruckmen.

If Adams get back what about doing a Michael Reeves with him and give him a run as second ruckman? Fullerton isn't really a ruckman, rarely marking around the ground and his ruckwork is only better than Daniher

Matty Rendell and Reeves were a good combination, different players so hard to match up.

Is there a bye before the finals this year? Could be important for Gardiner and Adams

Adams is 192cm. He'd be giving away a minimum of 8cm to any ruckman, and do you want him to do more running around the ground with that foot?

Not sure joking about answerth makes sense. Look at Adams. At the start of the year we were writing him off because of injuries and now we literally need him in our team. Answerth is in the same position. Best 22 potential kept out due to injuries. And the fact that we're crying for pace means that we should be focusing on guys like answerth rather than Lester and Birchall. A year is a long time in football and some of these answerth jokes can age very terribly.

Jason explicitly referred to finals.

Answerth is out for the year.

A year is indeed a long time in football but finals are not in a year.

But... Answerth?
Not sure joking about answerth makes sense. Look at Adams. At the start of the year we were writing him off because of injuries and now we literally need him in our team. Answerth is in the same position. Best 22 potential kept out due to injuries. And the fact that we're crying for pace means that we should be focusing on guys like answerth rather than Lester and Birchall. A year is a long time in football and some of these answerth jokes can age very terribly

Reeves only rucked because all the other ruckmen were injured. From memory I do not think he rucked in tandem with Rendell. He was the main man albeit a very short one.

dlanod you replied to ForzaRoma's post, yet your response appears before the post you're responding to.

What spooky unholy unnatural powers do you mods have?

If you can A. predict the future or B. time travel, next weeks lotto numbers would be great. Cheers.

View attachment 1189642

I see dead posts...

1627459250232.png

Adams is 192cm. He'd be giving away a minimum of 8cm to any ruckman, and do you want him to do more running around the ground with that foot?
I would love him to be running around with his foor :)

Reeves was a very short ruckman but made up for it around the ground

Remove this Banner Ad

Back