Injury 2021 Injury Updates Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

James Rowe really reminds me of Sam Gray. Actually works kinda hard but not much reward.

John Ralph saying 3 months for Duurs and 8-12 for Butters.
Holy ****.

Players rarely have layoffs like that and get form and fitness back quickly.
Usually takes a full year to regain confidence.

Duursma will probably struggle to get back in the team this year, but hopeful Butters layoff is much less than predicted.

Gives Bergman, Bonner, Woodcock et al the chance to nail a spot in the 22 and push for a flag.

It's theirs for the taking!

I'd be very surprised if Zak Butters doesn't defy the experts and return earlier than expected, whatever happens.

Holy ****.

Players rarely have layoffs like that and get form and fitness back quickly.
Usually takes a full year to regain confidence.

Duursma will probably struggle to get back in the team this year, but hopeful Butters layoff is much less than predicted.

Gives Bergman, Bonner, Woodcock et al the chance to nail a spot in the 22 and push for a flag.

It's theirs for the taking!

both will be straight back in When fit

dursma is significantly better than all 3 you have named

Duursma will be very bit of 3 months. I reckon butters only 4-6. Better now than leading into finals.

The best teams always deal with injuries. Look at the tigers a couple years back.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah I'm glad to see more kids. Premiership or not this year, games into kids is for the future.

I don't think we will be seeing many kids outside of maybe Woodcock and Bergman

They'll want to be able to lean on Mayes, Rockliff, McKenzie, and Lienert first.

Mead will be in calculations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This will sound really harsh under the circumstances and Duursma obviously had a couple of massive moments including that mark in the last quarter, but generally speaking he's been a bit average in our first few games. I'd be surprised if someone couldn't step up and match his early season form.

This will sound really harsh under the circumstances and Duursma obviously had a couple of massive moments including that mark in the last quarter, but generally speaking he's been a bit average in our first few games. I'd be surprised if someone couldn't step up and match his early season form.
He had a cracking game on Friday was finding form and was there in the right moments. Massive blow.

Arguably our best in 2 out of 4 games?

If I remember correctly, it took Duursma quite a while get get back up to his best after his short lay off last year gulp
True, but he’s also not an ‘essential’ the way Butters is.
He’s a very good player, but he can be covered.

I think Duursma was great Friday night and will be missed. Like someone else said tho I think we can cover him. Zak is the bigger loss with his creativity. I hope it means we see more of Rozzee and Houston around the ball.

I also feel people are overreacting when saying we just need to stay within reach of the top 6 etc. we have plenty of depth and a good system and a lot of good players still in our side. I expect us to still be very hard to beat most weeks

True, but he’s also not an ‘essential’ the way Butters is.
He’s a very good player, but he can be covered.
They're a package along with Connor .. take one or two away and they don't seem to hum the same.

If we can stay just within reach of the top 6 whilst butters and Xavier are out for half the year and then build from there I'll be happy

They're a package along with Connor .. take one or two away and they don't seem to hum the same.

If we can stay just within reach of the top 6 whilst butters and Xavier are out for half the year and then build from there I'll be happy
No they aren’t.
And ‘reach’ of top six 😂😂.
Your modus operandi is showing.

Last edited:
I think Duursma was great Friday night and will be missed. Like someone else said tho I think we can cover him. Zak is the bigger loss with his creativity. I hope it means we see more of Rozzee and Houston around the ball.

I also feel people are overreacting when saying we just need to stay within reach of the top 6 etc. we have plenty of depth and a good system and a lot of good players still in our side. I expect us to still be very hard to beat most weeks

Yeah if Rozee goes some way to recovering his best/staying fit it goes a long way towards filling the hole.

It could actually be a bonus in that Rozee gets Zak and X's midfield time and really comes on then the other two return.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The long term outs of X & Butters will pit a huge dent in our Top 4 aspirations. I’ll be happy to be 7-5 going into the back half of the season & come home strong leading into the Finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back