Injury 2021 Injury Updates Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Lachie Jones now? Geez. He can be covered but so many unlucky injuries with players getting knees/ankles caught in contests etc. Hopefully the more common soft tissue injuries don’t start coming as well.

I mean most in the media only know about 5 of our players and most of them are injured.
The thing that I find strange about it is the media were running stories all off season about our incredible depth. I know its strange but it's like they're trying to pump our opponents up during the week either by diminishing our chances or by hammering the oppo. Try to find sound bites about how port are going we're the only team from last years top four currently in the top 4 we should be getting the same treatment as Melbourne, Footscray and Richmond are but nope nary a whisper

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you're going to have a bunch of players injured at once this is probably the time of year for it. They all had full pre seasons so the fitness base is there for quick returns and an immediate impact once given the all clear. This is very similar to the timing of the injury crisis the club faced in 2004 when everyone was back fit and firing for the lead up to finals. We've got this.

McKenzie is getting back into form so he is an automatic replacement. I was hoping for Lachie to get more game time into him but it was not to be.

McKenzie is getting back into form so he is an automatic replacement. I was hoping for Lachie to get more game time into him but it was not to be.
McKenzie is not playing AFL this weekend.

I won't share the entirety of Darren Meads FB post, on the Jackson injury. However I will share that he played with the ruptured spleen through the last quarter and ended up in ICU a couple hours later. They are extremely thankful he is well, and footy will be a while off as he recovers.

Sounds like pretty much the worst case scenario for him, and that it will cripple his year unfortunately.

Here's the last part of it though.
Screenshot_20210422-225104_Messages.jpg

I won't share the entirety of Darren Meads FB post, on the Jackson injury. However I will share that he played with the ruptured spleen through the last quarter and ended up in ICU a couple hours later. They are extremely thankful he is well, and footy will be a while off as he recovers.

Sounds like pretty much the worst case scenario for him, and that it will cripple his year unfortunately.

Here's the last part of it though.
View attachment 1109167
Full post is in Mead's thread.

I hope Jackson makes a quick recovery. But because he misses the year does that mean port can get another mid season draft pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back