Injury 2021 Injury Updates Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Imhotep

Senior List
Mar 10, 2021
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I mean most in the media only know about 5 of our players and most of them are injured.
The thing that I find strange about it is the media were running stories all off season about our incredible depth. I know its strange but it's like they're trying to pump our opponents up during the week either by diminishing our chances or by hammering the oppo. Try to find sound bites about how port are going we're the only team from last years top four currently in the top 4 we should be getting the same treatment as Melbourne, Footscray and Richmond are but nope nary a whisper

(Log in to remove this ad.)

finbarr

Premium Platinum
Jun 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If you're going to have a bunch of players injured at once this is probably the time of year for it. They all had full pre seasons so the fitness base is there for quick returns and an immediate impact once given the all clear. This is very similar to the timing of the injury crisis the club faced in 2004 when everyone was back fit and firing for the lead up to finals. We've got this.

Power freak 2008

Premiers 2004, 2020 Covid Premiers
Nov 1, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys/New York Yankees
McKenzie is getting back into form so he is an automatic replacement. I was hoping for Lachie to get more game time into him but it was not to be.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
CWS, OakR, SAS, Ducks
I won't share the entirety of Darren Meads FB post, on the Jackson injury. However I will share that he played with the ruptured spleen through the last quarter and ended up in ICU a couple hours later. They are extremely thankful he is well, and footy will be a while off as he recovers.

Sounds like pretty much the worst case scenario for him, and that it will cripple his year unfortunately.

Here's the last part of it though.
Screenshot_20210422-225104_Messages.jpg

RossFC

May 23, 2012
Alberton Oval
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
I won't share the entirety of Darren Meads FB post, on the Jackson injury. However I will share that he played with the ruptured spleen through the last quarter and ended up in ICU a couple hours later. They are extremely thankful he is well, and footy will be a while off as he recovers.

Sounds like pretty much the worst case scenario for him, and that it will cripple his year unfortunately.

Here's the last part of it though.
View attachment 1109167
Full post is in Mead's thread.

Remove this Banner Ad