Injury 2021 Injury Updates Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

That's a shame, wait... who is Aryan Sareen?

And ffs re Rocky. Exactly our luck with injuries at the moment that one of our guys hurts his knee only to realise the other one is stuffed too.
Sareen played off half back in some of the trial games. Recruited from West Adelaide's reserves.

Club press release:

Media Release: Tom Rockliff injury update
Friday 7 May, 2021

EXPERIENCED midfielder Tom Rockliff has undergone a partial medial meniscectomy after suffering a tear in the cartilage in his right knee.

The injury is likely to have occurred in the same incident as the MCL sprain Rockliff suffered to his left knee during the club’s SANFL win over reigning premier Woodville-West Torrens on Sunday, but only became apparent on Tuesday after his right knee became painful and swollen.

Subsequent investigation revealed the 31-year-old had an isolated tear of the medial meniscus, which would require surgical intervention.

Rockliff consulted a surgeon on Thursday to discuss the next course of action, and the procedure was completed last night.

His left knee remains in a brace as the MCL continues to recover.

It is expected that the timeframe for his return will remain the same.

I reckon he comes back in the back third of the year and plays a handful of SANFL games. If his form is good enough, then maybe a 1 year deal as a depth mid on a low salary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This tweet reminded me of what Ken said at the post match in the Magarey Room.

He mentioned that Lachie had started running and that will want to, and is pushing to, play this weekend but will probably play the following week. Didn't say if that's for the Magpies or Power.

Ken said Zak is a week maybe two behind Lachie as it was a more serious injury.

Sounds like a chronic thing with him. Might need a op , I reckon they'll just manage it week to week.

Not sustainable if he's going to keep ending up subbed. Worked out ok so far, but if we have another injury plus Houston, could cost us.

Whilst Fogarty is a big man, I didn't feel the impact was that tough and he probably would have walked away from that without issue if not for the pre-existing injury.

Teams will start to target it - no doubt. If he needs an op, he probably should be going in now so he can get back in time for finals.

Any good? Worst time for a player to do a serious injury, makes it very hard to get picked up!

I don’t think he was any chance of being drafted, didn’t get picked during the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back