Injury 2021 Injury Updates Thread

Willsy10

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ffs. He should’ve been playing last night. How woodcock and Mayes are getting a gig ahead of him is absolutely ridiculous. Now he has prob done his knee and it’s career over playing in an SANFL game without a chance to play AFL this year, except one sub game that he did very well in.

Pissed off. I think he has been treated poorly.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

JimmyBC

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ffs. He should’ve been playing last night. How woodcock and Mayes are getting a gig ahead of him is absolutely ridiculous. Now he has prob done his knee and it’s career over playing in an SANFL game without a chance to play AFL this year, except one sub game that he did very well in.

Bit dramatic mate.

Izzy01

Team Captain
Oct 8, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

He is a better player than those two but he plays a different role so not a replacement for them. He only plays the inside mid role.

davesnothere

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I puzzles me how we can be at semaphore and have players who are unsound. The best horse trainers in the world were once based at semaphore Hayes, Cummings guys like Alby Holberton and Allan Smith. If you had a horse with bad legs you would send it to one of the guys based on the beach. The theory being you could work the horses harder with the water keeping the tendons/ligaments cooler minimising the risk of injuries. They didn't know the science of it in the 50s and 60s but they knew something worked.

We should have the soundest players in the AFL.

Injury list
Trent Burgoyne – hamstring (TBC)
Zak Butters – ankle (3-4 weeks)
Xavier Duursma – knee (10-12 weeks)
Lachlan Jones – ankle (3-4 weeks)
Ollie Lord – calf (test)
Jackson Mead – spleen (TBC)
Jake Pasini – shoulder (8-10 weeks)
Tom Rockliff – knee (6-8 weeks)

Jun 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Injury list
Trent Burgoyne – hamstring (TBC)
Zak Butters – ankle (3-4 weeks)
Xavier Duursma – knee (10-12 weeks)
Lachlan Jones – ankle (3-4 weeks)
Ollie Lord – calf (test)
Jackson Mead – spleen (TBC)
Jake Pasini – shoulder (8-10 weeks)
Tom Rockliff – knee (6-8 weeks)

Butters 3-4 weeks? I thought it was 3-4 weeks when he did it.

Back