• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BunjiMac

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Looks like we might actually have more depth than I thought we did.

Worrell looked pretty good to me.

I actually didn't mind Davis in defence.He was composed when he needed to be, skillful when delivering passes. marked the ball when it was there to be marked and had speed when he needed to break away. Surprised me actually.

Pedler and Berry when fit will be a massive asset for out midfiled. Pedler in particular with his combination of hardness, explosiveness and cleaness is not something i think we've had.

Thilthorpe will be a nightmare for opposition players when fit.

Frampton did pretty well and did enough to suggest he is worth giving a run at some stage.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Billy was always depth but it he can perform that way against real oppo he'll be handy depth

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Didn't Nick Reiwoldt play his best footy on the wing and floating back into the forward line.
Nope played his best footy at Centre Half Forward..All Australian on 5 occasions always named at Half Forward. Late in his career he played the type of role you mention.

Sep 5, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Well, just managed to watch the replay. Im not getting ahead of myself but I finally found my new username. Brad Crouch is dead to me.

Paperwork submitted to henceforth be known as SuperBashBros.
20210221_162640.jpeg

Last edited:

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Didn't Nick Reiwoldt play his best footy on the wing and floating back into the forward line.
No, he played as a mobile centre half forward who had the tank to really push up and back.

But he was still identifiably a tall forward.

Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Alright thoughts of that trial:

Good (I'm not going to worry about bad/ugly, it's a trial game, and a pretty bruise free one at that):

WaynesWorld19 is absolutely off the money if he think Schoenberg is going to have a down year this. Struggled as a forward, but the moment he switched into the midfield, he looked very good.
Butts looked pretty solid.
Jones played well. Faded when red got on top, but any day where you get two goals is a good day.
Sholl played well. Faded when red got on top, but any day where you get two goals is a good day.
Thilthorpe looked good on the wing. Also took a really good contested mark and goal in the third. Very promising.
Rowe took a step forward to locking up that round 1 debut. If it was a 90% chance coming into this game, it's now 95%. Was very dangerous.
I didn't mind Fogartys game. I don't think he's a key forward in the mid to long term, but got a goal and played a role in a few others is pretty ok in a supporting role. It was Tex/Framptons day today.
Similar to Himmelberg. Didn't get a lot of it, but did well when he did.
Hately, and Keays were industrious all day.
McHenry looked very good, bar a couple of brain fades.
Milera looked confident which is very good.

Big winners:

Pedlar looks like he'll be quite the player, and not far off a debut either. He's got a dynamic streak, and a bit of class that a lot of players don't.
Berry was industrious and got two goals. He certainly edges closer to a debut off that performance.
Newchurch was busy all day and got a couple of goals in a losing side. Murphy is praying he doesn't learn how to tackle.
Frampton reminded us all that he's existing. That's more than most other lucky recipients of the Angus Graham list position.
Worrell looked good. Intercepted well and played with aggression every moment he could. He's going a long was to alleviate concerns I've had about his future in the last couple of weeks.

All in all, I don't think that game changes anything with our best 22, but that + a good showing against Port could really see Pedlar/Berry start to demand a best 22 spot.

Nice summary, but two things:
(1) Ask Macadam whether it was a bruise-free game. ;) (also Kelly and Mackay).
(2) I was very pleased to note that Newchurch has already learned how to tackle: he did an extremely effective one on the wing at some point- very impressive.

Carmo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Lets say we can only play 26 against port, whos in the team?

Brown Butts Macpherson
Kelly McAsey Hamill
Seed, Sloane,Sholl
Lynch Walker McAdam
Rowe Berg Murphy

ROB, Hately, Milera, Laird
Jones, Fog, Frampton, Shoenberg, Worrell, Berry, The other one who looks like berry whose name I cant remember right now

Lets say we can only play 26 against port, whos in the team?

Brown Butts Macpherson
Kelly McAsey Hamill
Seed, Sloane,Sholl
Lynch Walker McAdam
Rowe Berg Murphy

ROB, Hately, Milera, Laird
Jones, Fog, Frampton, Shoenberg, Worrell, Berry, The other one who looks like berry whose name I cant remember right now

I suspect we'll see most of our 2nds against Port.

Jack is Back

Premiership Player
Apr 17, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
We only have the scratchy next week and then the trial match against Freo. I think both teams may opt for 24 player squads and give four players a half with the other 20 players having normal rotations. I expect we will go for a full strength team against Freo and play 22 with a couple of emergencies in case there are injuries.

I predict an epic meltdown when the squad to play the Pear is announced.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Our SANFL trial match schedule :

Saturday March 6
Norwood v Adelaide at Coopers Stadium – 10.30am

Saturday March 20
Woodville-West Torrens v Adelaide at Thebarton Oval – 9.30am (Reserves v PAOC at 12pm)

Friday March 26
Port Adelaide v Adelaide at Alberton Oval – 5pm

Torpedro

Senior List
Feb 19, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm pretty sure I recall one of the line coaches recently saying that we will be playing 2 games against port on the same day. One team will be best 22 and the other sanfl/depth

More time in the gym? The kid has put on over 10 kg in the offseason!

Yup, and probably needs another 10 kg on top of that. Gollant was around 20-25 kg under where he should be when we drafted him.

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yup, and probably needs another 10 kg on top of that. Gollant was around 20-25 kg under where he should be when we drafted him.
Agreed, but probably 5-10kg for me. He certainly looked better, but still quite gangly and would get really easily worked off the ball at AFL level.

At 191cm i'd say his goal weight should definitely have a 9 in the front of it!

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
So just to confirm we got Sam Berry with the direct pick we received from the Brad Crouch Compo right?

Hmm, if so that's gonna be fun watching that play out!

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Disagree, elite endurance, elite defensive pressure, efficient ball user with plenty of footy smarts just starting to come into his own now he seems to be over his injuries and having put on size. Worth remembering Neddy hasn't played a lot of footy in more recent times also.

He’s always posted big numbers in terms of the amount of ground he covers and his defensive pressure, think about his first couple of games at AFL level, and of course his running capacity was mythical when we drafted him.

The (fair) knock on McHenry to date was that he hadn’t figured out how to translate this effort into impact on the game.

I think that’s what I liked the most about his performance on Saturday. Impact. Nearly every time the ball hit the deck he seemed to be involved in a productive way. I wouldn’t be be surprised if he had more touches than anyone else across the 4 quarters. Positive signs.

Back