Preview 2021 Internal Trial: Crow v Crow, 20/2/21 10.30am ACDT

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Pedlar had to get number 10. Looks a bit like Daniel rich out there except with longer arms and a worse kick.

spexau

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 25, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sorry how can you highlight the impact McHenry had and not what the kids Pedlar and Berry had in their first hitout for club ,though at last after a couple of embarrassing efforts in 1st half Ned least showed might get there where Pedlar in particular going to be a star.
Loved Worrells game and future after so many posters wrote him off with Bicks right in telling us to keep faith in.
I've already professed my love for Pedlar in particular and Berry

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
The better comparison (IMHO) is D Rich and Port's Lachie Jones.

Rich came in to the league fully developed and ready to play. Within 10 games he was already playing at his top level.
Port fans are already spanking themselves stupid over Jones. They might wonder later why he didn't get better. It won't be because of development. He's already fully grown and ready to play. His season 1 will likely be at the same level as his season 5.

WeeBlake

Club Legend
Aug 5, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sorry how can you highlight the impact McHenry had and not what the kids Pedlar and Berry had in their first hitout for club ,though at last after a couple of embarrassing efforts in 1st half Ned least showed might get there where Pedlar in particular going to be a star.
Loved Worrells game and future after so many posters wrote him off with Bicks right in telling us to keep faith in.
In fairness there was a time when even Bicks got a bit wobbly about Worrell staying

Rich came in to the league fully developed and ready to play. Within 10 games he was already playing at his top level.
Port fans are already spanking themselves stupid over Jones. They might wonder later why he didn't get better. It won't be because of development. He's already fully grown and ready to play. His season 1 will likely be at the same level as his season 5.

I'd be inclined to use Powell-Pepper as an example of that "man-child" phenomenon with Port (and if you want to be really cruel, Wines, though he did improve in his 2nd year).

MALTSY

Club Legend
May 2, 2011
silver sands
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

🤣 What a ridiculous statement

MALTSY

Club Legend
May 2, 2011
silver sands
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'd be inclined to use Powell-Pepper as an example of that "man-child" phenomenon with Port (and if you want to be really cruel, Wines, though he did improve in his 2nd year).

I did also think that for both Wines and SPP after a few seasons but both actually improved last year thank God

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta

I think you're going to be way out with this prediction, Jones is a super talent no matter who he plays for, he's way quicker and more athletic than Daniel Rich who by the way has been a very decent footballer over a long period of time.

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Good to see Pedler showing his abilities so early.
I thought he might have a delayed season due to his shoulder.
Hopefully those on draft night who thought we screwed up taking him at the pick we did now feel a little better about it.

think we’re way passed that now.

for me, I’ll say again him and Berry were * this I want to play now. I’m not going to pay my dues, wait my turn - I want it now, and I’m going to ******* step on whoever I have to make this happen now

that hunger he and Berry showed is something that has been missing for too long

maybe all nicey nice, lovely character boys were just too nice to take the bull by the horns and force their way in

not saying these blokes don’t have character but they don’t see any reason they can’t have it now

which I love. If you’re good enough you’re old enough

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
I think you're going to be way out with this prediction, Jones is a super talent no matter who he plays for, he's way quicker and more athletic than Daniel Rich who by the way has been a very decent footballer over a long period of time.
I think maybe I didn't explain the point very well.

I'm not comparing Jones skills set to Daniel Rich's. I think Jones is a much better player.

I'm suggesting that Jones will enter the league fully developed and ready to go and what you see in season 1 won't be much different to what you see in season 5. In other words he is already a high end talent that is fully developed and I don't think he will improve all that much because of it. This doesn't mean he won't be good - he already is.

Rich I've always thought was the same. His season 1 level is pretty much how his career has been. Yes he has become more consistent with experience, but his level is pretty much the same.

Back