Woods
Julio
Waddle
Bryan Edwards
Corey Davis
Gabe Davis
Tyrell Williams

Looking for RBs
Ugh, the one thing I have a few of, WRs, and the one thing I dont have to trade, RBs. Almost all rookies!

Hey guys, with the season coming up everyone will now need to trim their rosters to 30 players. Roster positional limits will also be in place.
-Comish

So here's the thing...apparently once the draft has happened we can no longer remove bench spots...looks like we are rolling with 32 player rosters from now on.

So here's the thing...apparently once the draft has happened we can no longer remove bench spots...looks like we are rolling with 32 player rosters from now on.
Gah, I just dropped 2 players. Not that it matters too much I guess, I was 1 over on QBS (5) so would not let me make a lineup change

So we are rolling with a 32 player roster?
Sorry what are the limits for each position? Thanks
Yeah sorry mate, I went to trim it to 30 yesterday but ESPN won't allow you to remove bench spots after the draft has been done. Will know for next time. We can just imagine its a special 2 player bonus slots for a possible covid ravaged season haha.

Good evening gentlemen! It's the eve of a brand new season and I feel like we need a bit of hype for the 4th season of the Jailhouse Football League so I'm going to do a small write up of the week 1 matches to get everyone in the mood!

Olma FC Haychh vs. Belickick Yo Self Dannyreed

The season kicks off with the traditional Championship game rematch. Last years decider came down to the wire with Belichick Yo Self coming from behind with a 4 point victory for their maiden title. BYS completed a remarkable rebuild after finishing their debut season in equal last position. 2021 sees them coming in as 2nd favourites according to ESPN projections. The offseason was reasonably quiet with only a few late round draft picks and a trade to bring in Jordan Love.
Olma FC missed out on becoming the leagues first two-time Champion but would be pleased with yet another strong season. They are one of only two teams to have made the playoffs in all three previous seasons. The offseason saw them grab highly rated WR Jaylen Waddle in the 1st round and several other key pieces. They are currently ranked 5th by ESPN's season projections.
BYS is favoured to win this matchup by a score of 173 - 163.

Brady's Jockstrap DoYourJob vs. Shermy Football Team Shermy

The second game of week 1 is a battle between the two newest franchises of the JFL. Brady's Jockstrap takes over from the now inactive Scranton Stranglers, a team who experienced a major fall from grace after making the 2018 Championship game to then win only 11 games from their last 28. It will prove to be a tough turn around for the new manager but he will be hoping 49ers young due Trey Lance and Trey Sermon will prove the boost this teams desperately needs. Rookie of the Year Justin Jefferson will need to continue his meteoric rise to help this team in it's rebuild. Brady's Jockstrap is slated to finish in last position according to ESPN projections.
The Football Team will replace the now defunct HeroPups franchise, a team that won only 40% of it's games over the past 3 seasons, with their best result being an average 7-7 finish in 2019. The future does look bright for this team however with some strong young assets. Lamar Jackson and Justin Herbert will be a vital QB duo for years to come. TE Kyle Pitts was added in the rookie draft and joins Josh Jacobs and Calvin Ridley to form a solid young core. With these young players looking to take the next step Shermy Football Team are currently ranked 6th in end of season predictions so could prove a tricky matchup for some.
Shermy Football Team is a strong 20 point favourite in this debut week 1 matchup!

HA HA fuey vs. Vegas Injury Cursed manureid

This matchup will feature two squads who have yet to crack into a playoffs series in their three seasons and both will be hoping to turn their fortunes around. Despite being the second highest scoring team over the past 3 years HA HA have never gone above a .500 win rate. The team has some serious firepower boasting Patrick Mahomes, Tyreek Hill and Aaron Jones among others so perhaps this is the year they put it all together for a strong playoff push. ESPN has them finishing 4th so this feels like a real possibility.
Vegas Injury Cursed have gone through a tough couple of seasons and are part way through a list rebuild. They amassed 6 picks in the the first two rounds of the rookie draft snagging Trevor Lawrence (to pair Jalen Hurts) and 3 RB's. However true to form they already have 3 RB's on their long term injured reserve list (Etienne, Akers, Justice Hill) before the season has even begun. It could be another long season with them currently projected to finish down in 11th position, however another few early picks could see them rocket up the rankings in 2022.
HA HA enters this matchup a 17 point favourite.

Part II of the season preview will be up shortly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Part II

Power House A11dAtP0w3R vs. Kamara Train drd23

A battle between two of the more successful clubs in the JFL, both who have made playoffs multiple times. However it seems the two teams may have differing trajectories if Kamara Train can't find a second QB to start in the absence of Deshaun Watson.
Kamara Train missed the playoffs for the first time last year and things could remain dire if Watson or a replacement aren't found in quick order. They weren't able to add a ton of fresh blood to the roster over the offseason with Kadarius Toney the only notable name added. The team does boast some big names though in Alvin Kamara, Chris Godwin and DK Metcalf so if the QB issues are sorted things could turn around quickly.
The literal embodiment of their own team name, Power House has been all conquering, boasting a near 70% win rate, 3 playoff appearances and the highest scoring team over the past 3 seasons. However with all that dominance they have yet to take home the ultimate title, falling short in the finals each time. They welcome back Dak Prescott to pair up with Russell Wilson to form a deadly QB duo. Austin Ekeler also joins Davante Adams and Travis Kelce which makes for some scary matchups this season. Power House are predicted to finish in 1st by ESPN but even if they fall short again they should remain at or near the top with three first round draft picks for next years draft.
Kamara Train will have to make up a 32 point projected difference to get a win here in week 1.

Rumple in the Jungle rumply vs. Tallahassee Trashpandas Helfarch

Rumple in the Jungle will be looking to take the extra step in their sophomore season after a top 4 finish in their JFL debut last year. All signs point to an improvement with a healthy Christian McCaffrey coming back from injury to join up with last years surprise packet Antonio Gibson. Josh Allen will lead the QB room, however the WR corps is perhaps the weakest area of a strong squad. ESPN has them dropping down to 7th, which comes as some surprise given the addition of McCaffrey.
Tallahassee is another of the teams undertaking a rebuild. Last season was a vast improvement over their 2-12 season in 2019, notching up 6 wins. Tua Tagovailoa and Zach Wilson are two young upcoming QB's and a lot of the teams hopes of a first playoff appearance in 2021 rest on their shoulders. The Trashpandas also added Najee Harris and Devonta Smith, however the preseason loss of JK Dobbins hurts. ESPN has given them a 9th place projection.
This could be one of the tighter matchups in week 1 with Rumple in the Jungle only favoured by 3 points.

Greenville Gorilla Bears vs. Jonzi FC Jonzi

The final game of week 1 is between 2019 Champs Greenville against the third new club in season 2021, Jonzi FC. Both teams will be desperate to get their campaigns off to a fast start with a win.
The Gorilla Bears had a bit of a down season in 2020, after winning the title the year before, to finish 7-7. The team lost veteran QB's Drew Brees and Philip Rivers but have added new starter Jameis Winston to pair up with Baker Mayfield or Fitzmagic. The team is in win-now mode after also trading in Saquon Barkley to partner Dalvin Cook. Michael Thomas was another addition, with the team giving up a 1st round pick for him. If the team can stay fit they will be one of the stronger squads but that fitness is the main question mark looming over a squad who may have their championship window closing. They are currently predicted to finish in 3rd spot by ESPN.
Jonzi FC take over the place of Wet Slopes (16-26 over the past 3 seasons) with a squad that has had some issues but isn't without some strong talent. Tannehill is a quality option at QB, and will be joined by the #2 pick Justin Fields and Sam Darnold back in a starting position. Nick Chubb and CEH form one of the better RB duos. Perhaps the biggest issue is a lack of depth and a few injuries could seriously derail a promising outlook. ESPN's projections have Jonzi finishing in 8th place for their first season.
Greenville are favourites to win their opening game (12 point projected margin) which will be super important if they are to make a return to the top 4 and another championship push.

Last edited:
I legit forgot that Nagy is persisting with Dalton as QB1. TBH it took me a second to figure out why you were saying I should have picked him up 😅

Matt Nagy also starting Andy Dalton

Chicago Bears ownership sticking with Matt Nagy

Back