Rosters increased to 32?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 24, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Here it is boys, the 2021 edition of the Jailhouse Football League is ready to commence! A bit of house keeping to start with. Firstly congrats to Dannyreed for winning the Championship last year, his 1st! Bad luck to Haychh for falling just short of his 2nd title and A11dAtP0w3R for choking again!

This year we will be welcoming in Shermy as a new manager, taking over Broken's team. We have also lost iluvparis and have yet to find a replacement but no doubt someone will step up shortly.

I'm hoping to start the Rookie Draft in the coming weeks but will need everyone to have their team ready for that and that means cuts! As is always the case, each team must be culled to 24 players prior to the beginning of the draft. The Rookie Draft will be from a complete player pool, so cut players can be re-drafted at any stage. Players can't be picked up off waivers until after the draft is completed. Trades can be made at any stage. I will post up a list of each team and how many players they are required to cut to be eligible.
I will also post up the updated spreadsheet for the latest draft order.

The final couple of things to discuss was a few proposals. 1st being to bring in a draft lottery for next season. This is to combat tanking, not that I really believe we have had much if any of that in the past, mainly just inactivity from a few teams. So please reply with either YES or NO to a draft lottery. It will likely be some form of bottom 4/mid 4 lottery.
The other one I like to bring up each year is roster size. Currently rolling at 30 spots per team. We could look at an increase of 2-4 spots for next season if passed. So again vote YES or NO for a roster expansion, along with how many.

I think that's all we need to deal with currently. Post up your cuts here and I will take care of them or do them yourself if you please. Some teams may have issues with positional limits when doing this so I may need to tinker with things manually until after the draft to make squads eligible. Cheers lads, looking forward to another competitive season!

Greenville Gorilla Bears
34 total players (10 cuts required)
Draft picks (6,18,42,66)

Tallahasse Trashpandas Helfarch
Draft picks (5,11,17,29,41,53,65)

Olma FC Haychh
33 players total (9 cuts required)
Draft Picks (30,33,35,45,47,70,71)

Vegas Injury Cursed manureid
Draft picks (1,8,9,13,21,23,25,61)

Power House A11dAtP0w3R
31 players total (7 cuts required)
Draft picks (10,12,32,34,46,51,54,59)

HA HA fuey
3 players total (6 cuts required)
Draft picks (2,7,24,31,43,55,67)

Scranton Stranglers Mr_Nyah
30 players total (6 cuts required)
Draft picks (3,15,22,27,39,63)

Shermy Football Team Shermy
Draft picks (4,16,28,40,52,64)

Kamara Train drd23
Draft picks (20,44,56,58,68)

Wet Slopes (no manager yet)
34 players total (10 cuts required)
Draft picks (14,19,26,38,50,62)

Rumple in the Jungle rumply
32 players total (8 cuts required)
Draft picks (36,37,49,57,69)

Belichick Yo Self Dannyreed
33 players total (9 cuts required)
Draft picks (48,60,72)

Fantastic work as always Lenny!

I’m a yes for a Lottery not because I think we’re any danger of anyone tanking but because it adds an interesting dynamic.

This is to combat tanking, not that I really believe we have had much if any of that in the past, mainly just inactivity from a few teams. So please reply with either YES or NO to a draft lottery. It will likely be some form of bottom 4/mid 4 lottery.
I have pick 5, erebody was tanking.

I am a yes until it effects me negatively at which point I will bitch and moan and blame this league, the lottery and you for all the world's problems.

Power House A11dAtP0w3R
Draft picks (10,12,32,34,46,51,54,59)

HA HA fuey
3 players total (6 cuts required)
Draft picks (2,7,24,31,43,55,67)

Scranton Stranglers Mr_Nyah
Draft picks (3,15,22,27,39,63)

Shermy Football Team Shermy
Draft picks (4,16,28,40,52,64)

I'll have a look re: cuts, if I can't find that many I'll trade the left over picks or pass.

I'll have a look re: cuts, if I can't find that many I'll trade the left over picks or pass.
I think everyone has to be at 24 before draft don't they?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes to lottery

Would probably prefer to stay as is with rosters so the league has a quality free agent pool since we are a FAAB league.

Alright so we have lost Mr_Nyah as well unfortunately. If anyone knows of anyone keen to join up let me know. Need to find players willing to stick around long term.
2 teams to fill before we can start drafting

Alright so we have lost Mr_Nyah as well unfortunately. If anyone knows of anyone keen to join up let me know. Need to find players willing to stick around long term.
2 teams to fill before we can start drafting

No rush, month or so to sort out.

Yeah could be interested. Can we see the team lists? Cheers
Pretty sure these are the two teams. League is 2QB 0.5PPR IDP dynasty (in case you weren't aware what you were getting into)

Team 1 (ILP's old team - no 1st, but picks 2nd in other rounds)
team1.png

Team 2 (Mr Nyah's old team - picks 3rd overall)
team2.png

Back