Fantasy 2021 Jailhouse Dynasty League Discussion

Rosters increased to 32?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Timing was impeccable Rumply

I laugh because this is the sort of thing that used to happen to me all the time. In fact I reckon in Alpha I traded for Jamaal Charles twice and both times soon after he had season ending injuries. In between that when I did not own him he was really good though

I laugh because this is the sort of thing that used to happen to me all the time. In fact I reckon in Alpha I traded for Jamaal Charles twice and both times soon after he had season ending injuries. In between that when I did not own him he was really good though

Like I said when I made the deal, CMC getting injured was gonna be somewhat expected, Im trying to win a title tho so dont really regret the trade. Is what it is.

Timing was impeccable Rumply

Gives me no pleasure as I always want the best players out there but this is why I traded the guy, no real confidence he can stay healthy, hope he can get a good run next season & beyond.

Playoff Race 2021

Vick Division
: forgone conclusion, Olma FC will once again make the playoffs even with a loss to Vegas Injury Cursed, who would end up on a level record (7-7). No teams can make up the Wild Card spot.

Buress Division: HA HA can wrap up the #1 seed and their first playoff appearance with a win over the Shermy Football Team. The SFT can technically still make playoffs but would need a minor miracle to pull it off. A win over HA HA, Power House loss to the 2-11 Jockstraps and Belichick Yo Self to defeat Jonzi FC would see them slide into the Wild Card place. Stranger things have happened!
Power House can claim the #1 seed with a win, HA HA to lose and Belichick Yo Self to lose, however they remain in a strong position for the Wild Card if all results don't go their way.

Leaf Division
: Massive game between Belichick Yo Self and Jonzi FC (both at 9-4) to claim the top spot in the Leaf Division. A loss to either side could prove costly as both teams would be at high risk of missing out on a Wild Card spot. No other teams can affect the final standings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buress Division: HA HA can wrap up the #1 seed and their first playoff appearance with a win over the Shermy Football Team. The SFT can technically still make playoffs but would need a minor miracle to pull it off. A win over HA HA, Power House loss to the 2-11 Jockstraps and Belichick Yo Self to defeat Jonzi FC would see them slide into the Wild Card place. Stranger things have happened!

In fitting with my luck in this league around this time of year, missing the playoffs with that highly unlikely scenario seems a perfectly reasonable chance of happening

Request also LennyHayes77 given fuey, myself and shermy are in the division of death and that's a hard enough gig already, is it possible that we can have overall record the basis for playoff seeding in the future, pretty silly that division winners are seeded higher when they havent played anywhere near as hard a schedule and have a worse overall record.

Request also LennyHayes77 given fuey, myself and shermy are in the division of death and that's a hard enough gig already, is it possible that we can have overall record the basis for playoff seeding in the future, pretty silly that division winners are seeded higher when they havent played anywhere near as hard a schedule and have a worse overall record.
I will consider it. Likely put it to everyone before the start of the next season, put it to a vote. I personally like the current set up, similar to the NFL, as it promotes intra-division rivalries. No point in even having divisions if it all comes down to overall record.

I do have the 4th most Points for. It’s not like it’s completely ridiculous that I’m there.

I will consider it. Likely put it to everyone before the start of the next season, put it to a vote. I personally like the current set up, similar to the NFL, as it promotes intra-division rivalries. No point in even having divisions if it all comes down to overall record.

Well, division winners still get a guaranteed playoff birth, nothing changes there, just asking for seeding structure to be changed.

I do have the 4th most Points for. It’s not like it’s completely ridiculous that I’m there.

Calm down mate, I wasn't having a go at you. I think you and Lenny misinterpreted what im saying.

Division winners all get a guaranteed playoff spot, seedings determined by overall record.

Calm down mate, I wasn't having a go at you. I think you and Lenny misinterpreted what im saying.

Division winners all get a guaranteed playoff spot, seedings determined by overall record.
It’s all good mate, I wasn’t having a crack. Understand it might have come off that way after our last exchange 😉

Was just pointing out the little fact that my record is s**t but I’m not a complete basket case!

Yeah fair enough, that is an option. Ill put a few options in a poll before the start of next season so the league can choose what they prefer.

Was just pointing out the little fact that my record is sh*t but I’m not a complete basket case!

Yea, im not saying you are at all. Just when we only have 4 teams as playoff spots it seems a bit unreasonable that the two best teams are facing each other in week 1 of the playoffs cause division winners get priority seedings.

Its not like our division hasn't been the strongest since inception and this is a new thing, its a yearly pain in the ass to deal with, fuey has missed the playoffs becoz of it numerous times before.

Another option could be to expand the playoffs to 6 teams like we have in fleaflciker with a bye week for the top 2 teams.

Yeah fair enough, that is an option. Ill put a few options in a poll before the start of next season so the league can choose what they prefer.

Just spit balling not saying its a must. Happy to vote.

I’m not saying this because I’m in the easiest division this year and I do think swapping around the seeding has some merit.

I also think this year may have just been one out of the box. Just had a look at Lennys spreadsheet and it’s generally been pretty even across the comp. In 3 years the wildcard spot has been shared once each across the 3 divisions.

Back