JUB JUB Supercars thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Fairly boring affair so far.

Only real passes involved a car on cold tyres.

Nice relaxing drive on a Sunday

Seems very much that way.

If he doesn't make mistakes he'll win comfortably, and another Kiwi title. Mostert and Waters will keep him honest enough but they make mistakes.

I expect the Shell cars to get better as the season goes on and they settle in.

Fingers crossed you’re right. Early days yet. Waters still looks quick as does Anton.
I think Anton will get quicker too, we know the cars good.

Very underrated weekend by Winterbottom too, pretty quick and stayed out of trouble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will’s drives were solid as well. If the DJR cars can get HIM close to the top imagine what it can do for Anton when he gets in a rhythm.
Does look like much the same teams again, hopefully Frosty can keep his form up

Repco Supercars Championship after Triple Eight accused Cameron Waters of ‘dangerous driving’.
Waters was the third-last driver to hit the track for the Top 10 Shootout and shot straight to the top of the timesheets.

Only Chaz Mostert and Shane van Gisbergen were yet to set a lap, with the former struggling to fifth and the latter pipping Waters to pole.

It is alleged that Waters dragged dirt onto the racing line on his cooldown lap, a point Mostert made a veiled reference to on the broadcast.

“I was going ok ’til I got to The Esses and someone previously dragged a bit of dirt onto the track. The dirt nearly killed me,” said the Walkinshaw Andretti United driver.

Waters has refuted any intent of wrongdoing and has apologised to Mostert.

It’s understood the matter was referred to the stewards; no action was taken.
Triple Eight team manager Mark Dutton however was clearly less than impressed.

“From our side, the rule is clear,” Dutton told Speedcafe.com.

“He’s breached multiple rules and probably the most important is dangerous driving.

“You’re not allowed to intentionally do something that can cause serious risk.

“He’s gone off-track intentionally, not accidentally… so it’s an intentional act that was most likely to impact Chaz, who obviously had a moment. Shane also had a moment there.

When you’ve got people from 2 different garages bringing it up, there probably substance behind it.
Mozzie moved on from it pretty quick, he knows Cam far better than Dutton.

Dutton just sounded like a whinging campaigner, much like his political namesake.

I'm not saying he didn't do it, but for anyone to say it's intentional is a bit of a stretch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back