JUB JUB Supercars thread

Remove this Banner Ad

and so the coverage can lead into the BBL. Didn’t realise it’s daylight savings time already
Daylight Savings starts the 1st Sunday in October. Bathurst is normally run on the 2nd Sunday in October - so it's always been in DST.

However, there's a big difference between when Sunset happens in October & December.

Had to LOL at Roland Dane speaking about the road relevance of the Gen3 cars.

"The Ranger outsells the Mustang 4 or 5 times, its about selling Rangers for Ford, for GM its about selling, err... Silverados"

Well consider that a failure then I suppose

It's a valid point.

At least the Mustang is on sale in Australia, and Ford vehicles are among the best selling in the country (primarily the Ranger, but also the Focus).

The Commodore is no longer sold in Australia, Holden no longer exists, and GM don't have any vehicles at all which sell in large volumes.

As a Ford vs GM sledge, it was a pretty good one.

It's a valid point.

At least the Mustang is on sale in Australia, and Ford vehicles are among the best selling in the country (primarily the Ranger, but also the Focus).

The Commodore is no longer sold in Australia, Holden no longer exists, and GM don't have any vehicles at all which sell in large volumes.

But he is a GM team..... now if it came from Dick Johnson I would agree

It's a valid point.

What happened to the Camaro project to keep the GM v Ford rivalry going, obviously fake news/just conceptual and/or was simply unviable..?

What happened to the Camaro project to keep the GM v Ford rivalry going, obviously fake news/just conceptual and/or was simply unviable..?
I guess we'll see what happens when the Gen3 cars finally hit the track... allegedly in 2023. It was supposed to happen next year, but they postponed it for 12 months because of COVID. Supposedly Gen3 is supposed to be Camaro vs Mustang, with the option there for a 3rd manufacturer (should one decide to join).
https://www.whichcar.com.au/news/supercars-gen-3-delay-to-2023

Anyone can join if they want to, I doubt they will.

The Camaro nameplate itself is set to be pulled, and there's a new electric Mustang that looks nothing like a sports car.

Supercars is in effect, going to turn into TCM

I guess we'll see what happens when the Gen3 cars finally hit the track... allegedly in 2023. It was supposed to happen next year, but they postponed it for 12 months because of COVID. Supposedly Gen3 is supposed to be Camaro vs Mustang, with the option there for a 3rd manufacturer (should one decide to join).
https://www.whichcar.com.au/news/supercars-gen-3-delay-to-2023

Any idea what happened to the Toyota Camry - and wasn't there also a Nissan proposal..?

Camry-Scott-Taylor.jpg

Rick-Kelly-Castrol.png

Nissan & Mercedes (badged as Erebus) raced under the "Car of the Future" rules, but both pulled the plug a while ago.

I have no idea whether or not Toyota, Mercedes, or Nissan have any plans for a Gen3 car. There have been rumours that there was a European brand which was interested, but it doesn't look like anything's eventuated so far.

At which point, what will they run? Would expect Ford to stick around.
Very interesting question.

They've left it open for hybrids, so I have little doubt it'll go that way in the medium term

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some highlights from todays 2nd practice session, some boys into the 2.05's - ended with a red flag as another driver flirted with the concrete wall edge on the inside of Forest elbow - most know not to go near that as it always ends in tears...

The Gen3 cars do look and sound the part

Remove this Banner Ad

Back