hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
i love the look of both gen 3 cars, but from the laps i reckon the camaro needs to sound a bit meatier, thought the mustang sounded louder and more intimidating
They put the silencer on it.

Neither car will sound like that in 2023 IMO.

i love the look of both gen 3 cars, but from the laps i reckon the camaro needs to sound a bit meatier, thought the mustang sounded louder and more intimidating

From what I've read, the Ford has an open exhaust and the Camaro has mufflers.

Apr 2, 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
2022 Calendar, TBC im guessing is The Bend?

A bit concerning that its not announced on the schedule launch.

1638680688914.png

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Shahins angling for a better deal IMO.

Also, Jaguar have denied they'll be on the grid in 2023. I still suspect WAU will be with another manufacturer

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
VW? I see they’ve got a Walkinshaw Amarok now.
Had one for a while. Doesn't seem like a VW thing to do unless they develop a hybrid.

It's in Walkinshaw DNA to do something a little different though.

Interesting that they weren't at the Camaro launch though.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Don't think it will be but would still love to see BMW on the grid.
Initially I thought we might, I'm still quite surprised we haven't even seen them in TCR.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
That said it's been around a while, probably need a new model rather than the Stinger.

A lot of manufactures are planning on full electric in the medium term so it'll be interesting to see what effect that has on racing.

Mar 5, 2014
Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Watched SVG interview after his drive in the Camaro, Couldn't fully understand him but thought he said hard to see. Likely with the small windows and massive front bonnet. Will be real handful next year. Look great though

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Watched SVG interview after his drive in the Camaro, Couldn't fully understand him but thought he said hard to see. Likely with the small windows and massive front bonnet. Will be real handful next year. Look great though

They'll have a few more test drives next year, but 2023 is when they hit the track in anger. It was supposed to be 2022, but it was delayed for 12 months due to COVID.

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
It’s getting a little bit ridiculous and needs a rethink imo. All sports must move with the times and if a Mustang and Camaro is their idea of the future then it’s in trouble.

The Australian Touring Car category needs a major review imo. V8 Supercars has served us well but Holden and Ford are now gone from our shores and a continued staged fight between their corpses isn’t going to win you any new fans.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
It’s getting a little bit ridiculous and needs a rethink imo. All sports must move with the times and if a Mustang and Camaro is their idea of the future then it’s in trouble.

The Australian Touring Car category needs a major review imo. V8 Supercars has served us well but Holden and Ford are now gone from our shores and a continued staged fight between their corpses isn’t going to win you any new fans.
Yep. You have to wonder what the future is for Supercars. Their next move is to a car that isn't/won't be sold in Australia, and one which is about to stop being sold here. That's not a recipe for category longevity...

The future is obviously electric, or at the very least hybrid. That's just not going to work at Bathurst though, at least not in the short term. High performance electric cars just don't have the range to race for 1000km. They could (maybe) get away with it for the sprint races, which make up 80% of the calendar - but the enduros represent a big problem. I guess they could replace fuel stops with battery swap stops.

There are already several electric car categories around the world. There's Formula E for open wheelers, and Extreme E for off-road racing enthusiasts. There are probably others that I'm not aware of. I'm not aware of any tin top road race series for electric powered vehicles... yet.

Then there's the big question - will the fans still follow the category if it goes electric? It's just not the same without the throaty roar of a big V8 engine.

Then there's the big question - will the fans still follow the category if it goes electric? It's just not the same without the throaty roar of a big V8 engine.

Not a hope in hell.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Hybrid works just fine ror
What manufacturer has anything to gain by getting involved.
Volvo's experience wasnt a marketing plus.
They went half-cocked into things really.

But you're right, the reality is it's always likely to be Ford and Chev..... Seems like people here can't handle anything else.

Back