Workshop 2021 Jumper Ideas thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the best way for a Heritage/Retro Round next year since it will be the 125th season of the VFL/AFL is to have all teams (except for the Gold Coast which I'll explain later) don the very first guernseys that they wore in the league. For example Sydney would wear Red and White hoops in this round as they did in their very first game in 1897, Port Adelaide and Freo would wear their original away guernseys that they wore against Collingwood and Richmond at the MCG in their first games respectively. The two Queensland teams are where it gets complicated, Brisbane depending on where they play would either wear the Maroon with a Cream yoke as Fitzroy wore in their first match or the first Bears guernsey. Gold Coast I'd put in their first away guernsey that they notably wore in their first AFL win. GWS as their inaugural kit is too similar to today's guernsey will probably stay in either that or wear their first clash guernsey again.

I think the best way for a Heritage/Retro Round next year since it will be the 125th season of the VFL/AFL is to have all teams (except for the Gold Coast which I'll explain later) don the very first guernseys that they wore in the league. For example Sydney would wear Red and White hoops in this round as they did in their very first game in 1897, Port Adelaide and Freo would wear their original away guernseys that they wore against Collingwood and Richmond at the MCG in their first games respectively. The two Queensland teams are where it gets complicated, Brisbane depending on where they play would either wear the Maroon with a Cream yoke as Fitzroy wore in their first match or the first Bears guernsey. Gold Coast I'd put in their first away guernsey that they notably wore in their first AFL win. GWS as their inaugural kit is too similar to today's guernsey will probably stay in either that or wear their first clash guernsey again.

GWS in their TAC Cup jumper could be ok.

If the Collingwood 2003 Heritage jumper didn't have the extra stripe added
View attachment 935537
Port Adelaide CEO from 1997-2004 Brian Cunningham would be going straight to Demetriou if this happened.
That's the 1947 Maggies jumper 😂
Port-Adelaide-Uniform1947.png

Essendon, now featuring high vis contrast jumper.

mdWpPtn.png

u3zDEBJ.png

3NfHyTy.png

Collingwood, with a green/brown gum tree themed contrast jumper.

Sqx0Ibu.png

KH2jSBO.png

IKBCIto.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK so this has probably been done a million times before, but just thought I'd put my 2 bobs worth on the North jumper. I feel like it could be so much simpler.

• Fatten the stripes. Way out almost to the sleeve.
  • Lose the pinstripes
  • Stop cutting off the stripes for logos on the front, and stop trying to make them fit elegantly with the stripes
  • Lose a lot of the decorative crap (although I slapped together a mashup of 'NM' and the old logo - which has probably been done before? - for the top of the back).

Anyway, open to opinions, but tell me why this jumper wouldn't be great? (ps thanks El_Scorcho for the very good template)

nmfc template.png

OK so this has probably been done a million times before, but just thought I'd put my 2 bobs worth on the North jumper. I feel like it could be so much simpler.

• Fatten the stripes. Way out almost to the sleeve.
  • Lose the pinstripes
  • Stop cutting off the stripes for logos on the front, and stop trying to make them fit elegantly with the stripes
  • Lose a lot of the decorative crap (although I slapped together a mashup of 'NM' and the old logo - which has probably been done before? - for the top of the back).

Anyway, open to opinions, but tell me why this jumper wouldn't be great? (ps thanks El_Scorcho for the very good template)

View attachment 938108
Make the numbers blue and fix the Mazda logo on the front and you’ve got a winner

I never understood why Port just didn't keep the prison bars but just change the colours. The Teal prison bars on a White guermsey looks nice, I wonder what silver bars would look like.
Oh dear you didn't just say that, did you?

I never understood why Port just didn't keep the prison bars but just change the colours. The Teal prison bars on a White guermsey looks nice, I wonder what silver bars would look like.
ah man we just had a good week without some bonehead asking this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back