Workshop 2021 Jumper Ideas thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As an essendon fan, do you think a black sash (if done right) would work for the club?

Nah. Maybe in concert with a red sash. But I don’t mind the red sash on every jumper thing. It’s been with the club since 1875, only a couple of years after it started, so is a very strong tradition.

Does anybody think A carlton clash with this logo could work? I think an all white Guernsey with Navy logo, navy collar and paneling and navy strips on sides with Navy numbers could work.
1085b4e1f36db69c8097c40e275cb943.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

A little bit O-T, but that kit was so poorly executed. They obviously didn't get enough names to fill the jumper, so weirdly centred the text, and it just looks cheap. The outlines around the monogram and sponsors make it even worse.

So i was at the Lions v Suns game last night (suns in their blue clash) and i had to double take because it looked like the back of the jersey on some Suns players ended in a "v" shape at the bottom of their jersey. It must have been the way they had it tucked/jersey was sitting, but what are thoughts on a slightly different shape? I think it would look nifty.

Edit: For context it was something similar to Izak initiating blur mode in the foreground in this shot, i was in the stands so from far away it looked like the rear of their jersey looked different.

View attachment 957780

That’s the make of the ISC cuts I think

Does anybody think A carlton clash with this logo could work? I think an all white Guernsey with Navy logo, navy collar and paneling and navy strips on sides with Navy numbers could work.
1085b4e1f36db69c8097c40e275cb943.jpg

this game was at the MCG against the Crows wasn't it? Sunday twilight? takes me back...

A little bit O-T, but that kit was so poorly executed. They obviously didn't get enough names to fill the jumper, so weirdly centred the text, and it just looks cheap. The outlines around the monogram and sponsors make it even worse.
the grey panels on the top make it look more stacked and layered too which makes it appear worse.

I believe it's something in their clubs constitution that states that the jumper must be a red sash. That's why we got that awful grey clash a few years ago and that's why their current clash sets don't have a black sash because technically it is a red sash on a red jumper.
That design has a red sash so is ok. It may be small but even has two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How would a Collingwood away or clash jumper look that includes the gold laurel from their logo, or even just the colour gold factored in?

I like 2 and 6 from that list.

I'm not very good at designs, but I was mucking around with that jumper you wore vs Swan Districts decades ago but tinted the white closer to yellowish/gold and added black stripes at the back. The gold you have though looks a lot better than the one I used.

CollingwoodGold.gif

Random question; how do Essendon fans feel about the red sash on red jersey that the Dons wear? I think the weird shadowing ruins the look and would much prefer some of the amazing from footy to futbol designs in its place.

i.e. cannavo's design but maybe with black shorts
View attachment 955111
Feel like I’m repeating myself cos I’ve said it so many times before. But I feel like our approach to our clash strip is par for the course with our approach to all things football related: that being that traditionalism is holding us back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back