Workshop 2021 Jumper Ideas thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adjustments.JPG
Adjustments.JPG

Please make this happen Bombers hierarchy.

Please make this happen Bombers hierarchy.
Why have they not done this yet?

The simple answer to this question is because this is part of the Essendon Constitution.

"The uniform for the AFL Premiership Season must consist of a black jumper or guernsey with a red sash, red and black socks and white or black shorts. Such uniform must be worn at all matches subject to the rules and directions of the AFL. "

The jumper which you talk about is not black or have a red sash. Even though it does have both of Essendon's colours and is the same design of the Essendon jumper it would not pass the Constitution test.

I can’t even come up with anything to say. I mean heritage is everything right?
They've alredy gone against the constitution by wearing a red jersey with a red sash and having worn red shorts, i've proposed this for away/clashes and had people tell me against the constitution, but constitutions can be ammended ;)

Last edited:
Not to mention it's also at the direction of the AFL.

Constitutions mean jack when the AFL tells you to jump and how high.
Port just needs to write down that they are to always wear the PB's, and then the AFL's hands would be tied, right? Essendon have got away with not having a clash jumper for this long under this rule so perhaps it is worth a shot?

Port just needs to write down that they are to always wear the PB's, and then the AFL's hands would be tied, right? Essendon have got away with not having a clash jumper for this long under this rule so perhaps it is worth a shot?

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

my thoughts exactly. if every club did the same thing to avoid shitty afl-led white clash guernseys, how could they say no? haha

The simple answer to this question is because this is part of the Essendon Constitution.

"The uniform for the AFL Premiership Season must consist of a black jumper or guernsey with a red sash, red and black socks and white or black shorts. Such uniform must be worn at all matches subject to the rules and directions of the AFL. "

The jumper which you talk about is not black or have a red sash. Even though it does have both of Essendon's colours and is the same design of the Essendon jumper it would not pass the Constitution test.
The only group that take their constitution as seriously as US gun nuts are Essendon people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back