peek-a-boo

Jul 11, 2005
On the Road to A.G
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
1605835669882.png

Suns need to literally do anything to look less like a generic "create a kit" team. Super quick mock up hence the bluh quality, and I have used Imach's GCS logo from the Big Footy AFL club logo comp back in 2013.
Going the hour glass in the middle is something no other club does, so no stepping on toes, the circular Gold Coast Suns logo looks cleaner and more professional than the current logo, and I have removed blue.

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
View attachment 1015290

Suns need to literally do anything to look less like a generic "create a kit" team. Super quick mock up hence the bluh quality, and I have used Imach's GCS logo from the Big Footy AFL club logo comp back in 2013.
Going the hour glass in the middle is something no other club does, so no stepping on toes, the circular Gold Coast Suns logo looks cleaner and more professional than the current logo, and I have removed blue.
Will make them all look slimmer too

Master91

Debutant
Feb 5, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
I think Gold Coast colours (particularly the yellow) are just too bright, they've got the platform to have a great kit but aren't doing much with it. If they dialed the colours down a bit and added some white cuffs and collars Brisbane Bears style, I think it brings everything together a little more. I'm sure similar designs like this have been done for the suns on FJGD previously, but I tried putting this jumper together. Still a simple design and it has some real Kansas City Chiefs vibes about it too!
GC Home Kit 1.jpg

fegz222

Senior List
Aug 6, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
I think Gold Coast colours (particularly the yellow) are just too bright, they've got the platform to have a great kit but aren't doing much with it. If they dialed the colours down a bit and added some white cuffs and collars Brisbane Bears style, I think it brings everything together a little more. I'm sure similar designs like this have been done for the suns on FJGD previously, but I tried putting this jumper together. Still a simple design and it has some real Kansas City Chiefs vibes about it too!
View attachment 1016249

From what I’ve seen, this would be my favourite GC mock up kit. It definitely does bring everything together better, and is far less offensive on the eyes. It’s actually a pretty reasonable looking kit, far better than slapping the GC logo on red with some yellow sides.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
View attachment 987687
According to the constitution, the club isn't even allowed to wear red shorts (subject to the rules and directions of the AFL).
Same deal with the guernsey, it clearly states a black jumper with a red sash. No mention of a red sash on a black border.
Theoretically, the clash jumper could be anything because there's nothing in the constitution about a clash jumper and it has to be worn, as directed by the AFL.

There really should be a sticky for this it comes up so often lol.

As your screenshot shows, the constitution in effect says Essendon has to wear the traditional kit (red sash on black, black or white shorts, red and black socks) unless directed by the AFL.

That’s all it says. If we’re directed to wear a clash strip, as far as the constitution is concerned it can be fluro pink.

The club has had two clash designs (silver and red) and has elected to retain the red sash on them. It doesn’t have to.

FWIW I like our current clash jumper, though I think it’d look better with red shorts. I also think an all-white kit with a red sash (and black highlights) would look good.

Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
There really should be a sticky for this it comes up so often lol.

As your screenshot shows, the constitution in effect says Essendon has to wear the traditional kit (red sash on black, black or white shorts, red and black socks) unless directed by the AFL.

That’s all it says. If we’re directed to wear a clash strip, as far as the constitution is concerned it can be fluro pink.

The club has had two clash designs (silver and red) and has elected to retain the red sash on them. It doesn’t have to.

FWIW I like our current clash jumper, though I think it’d look better with red shorts. I also think an all-white kit with a red sash (and black highlights) would look good.
I still stand by black sash on red too, Essendon could change a lot on the kit and they have worn red shorts before - not sure why some people throw a stink.

Jul 11, 2005
On the Road to A.G
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
View attachment 1016249
Wonder how it would look if the white trim was blue to incorporate all their colours.

Either way, this is amazing and should be their home jumper. Surely someone from their club is on here looking for ideas to steal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back