Workshop 2021 Jumper Ideas thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sydney.png

Concept I had for Sydney third kit. Nato absolutely despises the harbor bridge design and won't let me use it for our upcoming portfolio :)

Aug 11, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill (VFL)
Here are my two designs for Hawthorn. As it has been 2 years since the last jumper redesign, at least we got the edging put on the back of the jumper, they took it away from the front of the jumper this time. You can see the sowing marks on the front of the jumper around the neck line. These pictures show the problem and how to fix it.

zPB9csx.jpg

Also it is time for the second legends jumper, so here with the Hawthorn jumper is the second legends jumper, the Leigh Matthews jumper. As the jumper is a brown jumper with the Hawthorn jumper being gold, it will better for jumper clashing than the John Kennedy jumper was.

UQvmVCR.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 18, 2014
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Pierce & Pierce, Stratton Oakmont
Here are my two designs for Hawthorn. As it has been 2 years since the last jumper redesign, at least we got the edging put on the back of the jumper, they took it away from the front of the jumper this time. You can see the sowing marks on the front of the jumper around the neck line. These pictures show the problem and how to fix it.

zPB9csx.jpg

Also it is time for the second legends jumper, so here with the Hawthorn jumper is the second legends jumper, the Leigh Matthews jumper. As the jumper is a brown jumper with the Hawthorn jumper being gold, it will better for jumper clashing than the John Kennedy jumper was.

UQvmVCR.jpg
Basically, their 2013/14 guernsey.

Aug 11, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill (VFL)
Basically, their 2013/14 guernsey.
What is wrong with that jumper? Our first adidas jumper was our best. The ones after that one have been one problem after another. The 2015/16 jumper had large cuts through the stripes. The 2017/18 jumper eliminated the cuts through the stripes, but removed the edging on the back of the jumper. The 2019/2020 jumper brought back the edging on the back of the jumper, but eliminated it from the front. All I want from the 2021/2022 jumper is the edging on the front of the jumper, but it seems they take something else away when doing it. The stripes going over the back of the jumper would be a bonus, something we would like but can live without. You just have to look at the current jumper and see where the edging would go, covering those sowing lines on the neck line of the jumper.

zPB9csx.jpg

Aug 11, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill (VFL)
Whichever year the Hawks' guernsey was cut off at the shoulders was the year they looked s**t.
The years you are referring to would be 2015 and 2016. They took the premiership winning jumper from the previous two years and cut the through the stripes for side panels. The 2017/18 jumper eliminated the cuts through the stripes, but removed the edging on the back of the jumper. The 2019/2020 jumper brought back the edging on the back of the jumper, but eliminated it from the front. My idea is to bring back the successful 2013/14 jumper with all the modifications that have been made to the modern jumper. The stripes don't need to be cut, they changed that in 2017. The edging can be around the neck, it was 1/2 there in 2017/18 and 2019/20 and all there before that.

gVWpATN.jpg

Dec 18, 2014
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Pierce & Pierce, Stratton Oakmont
What is wrong with that jumper? Our first adidas jumper was our best. The ones after that one have been one problem after another. The 2015/16 jumper had large cuts through the stripes. The 2017/18 jumper eliminated the cuts through the stripes, but removed the edging on the back of the jumper. The 2019/2020 jumper brought back the edging on the back of the jumper, but eliminated it from the front. All I want from the 2021/2022 jumper is the edging on the front of the jumper, but it seems they take something else away when doing it. The stripes going over the back of the jumper would be a bonus, something we would like but can live without. You just have to look at the current jumper and see where the edging would go, covering those sowing lines on the neck line of the jumper.

zPB9csx.jpg
Nothing, I think it was their best one. A nice simple design that worked.

Oct 10, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Broncos
Slightly OT but anyway
If the 2020 season goes into November could we potentially be seeing some clubs changing supplier (like Port going to Macron) wearing their jumpers meant for the 2021 season early? New supplier usually officially begins November 1.
That's a good point. We'll have to wait and see

Lemon Boi

High quality
Nov 20, 2019
The Citrus Grove
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
North QLD Cowboys, Las Vegas Bears
I like simple, classic, timeless designs:

Collingwood; eight stripes of black-and-white, without pinstripes.
CO 1a.png

Hawthorn; based on 1952 with a brown panel and gold numbers.
HW 1a.png

North; six blue-and-white stripes.
NM 1a.png

St Kilda; away/alternate, based on 1933–56.
SK 2b.png

Western Bulldawgs; wider red and white hoops, red collar, cuffs and (alternate) shorts.
WB 1c.png

I'm having a crack at doing all teams in the AFL for the 2021 season. All designs I do will have 2020 sponsors and manufacturers as I cannot predict the future. These are what the jumpers will look like if I had my designs, apart from the pre-season designs which is more a bit of fun.

On my designs, it would be my hypothetical jumper rules:
- AFL logo will be in club colours of that team, but uniform across their playing jumper, shorts and socks. For example when I do my own mob all home, away and clash jumpers, shorts and socks will have the maroon, blue and gold AFL logo. It makes no sense to have an AFL logo in Bulldogs colours that every team must wear.
- The practice of swapping sponsors around dependent on whether the team is home or away will end if it was up to me. All teams should have the same sponsor positioned in the front or back of the jumper regardless of whether it is a home or away game, just like what Hawthorn, Adelaide, Richmond, Sydney and West Coast currently do with their jumper set up.
- All home teams wear their entire regular kit for regular season home games.
- All away teams if there is a clear contrast between the regular playing jumpers will wear their regular playing jumpers unless if the alternate playing jumper has equal or more historical significance to their regular playing jumper, or if the jumpers are not a clear contrast but not an obvious clash, away teams can opt to wear their alternate jumper. Teams can opt to wear different coloured shorts and socks to their regular shorts if it improves the contrast between the home team, away teams must wear alternate shorts if the shorts clash with the home team, away teams in this situation can also opt to wear an alternate jumper to if they are forced into alternate shorts.
- If the away team's regular jumper clashes with the home team, they must wear an alternate jumper design. If the second choice jumper still clashes they must produce a third jumper.
- All alternate jumpers must pass the "would it look okay in a Grand Final" rule.
- I would be a bit more lenient on socks in terms of clashes, however socks that are just one colour if playing against socks that are just one colour must not be playing against similar coloured socks, and with hooped designs teams with two similar colours on socks must not be against each other on the field. In both situations I would have the away team wear alternate socks.
- Not counting pre-season/one-off designs, no team can have more than three jumpers, shorts or socks.

So basically home team always wears their regular kit, away team can wear what they want provided there is no clash, but must wear their regular kit in most cases if there is a clear contrast.

Onto the first team I will design:

Gold Coast

Home/main jumper:

For their main playing jumper, I decided to change their jumper into what the Gold Coast colours were designed to represent when they were formed, lifeguard imagery. Lifeguards on the beach usually wear a predominately yellow (gold) shirt, generally with a red collar and plain red shorts. However as lifeguards do not wear socks because they have to go into the water in the case of an emergency, I decided to put sky blue socks as part of their playing kit, as ocean water from afar has a sky blue appearance plus it is one of the Suns' colours, meaning all three of their colours get representation on their regular playing kit. This full kit would get used for all home games and away games versus Crows, Blues, Magpies, Dons, Freo, Demons, Port, Tigers, Saints, and if they wanted to Eagles and Bulldogs.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_gc_111_home.jpg

I also have a design with predominately yellow (gold) socks for away games against North Melbourne who wear plain royal blue socks at home. This can also be used for away games against the Bulldogs and Eagles as well.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_gc_112_change.jpg

The red shorts on their regular playing kit clash with the Swans who also wear red shorts and the Lions in maroon shorts. I have decided to have the predominately yellow socks with the white shorts with the main jumper as I feel yellow/white/yellow goes better than yelow/white/sky blue.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_gc_122_change.jpg

Clash jumper
With my proposed rebrand, the Suns regular jumper would only clash with two teams, the Giants and the Hawks. A predominately red design would still clash with the orange Giants and doesn't provide a perfect contrast with the Hawks either, so I have opted for the sky blue of the Gold Coast sky as the predominate colour for their clash jumper, accompanied with white shorts and their regular sky blue socks.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_gc_221_clash.jpg

Pre-season jumper
Pre-season jumper designs are meant to be for kids, it's pre-season after all. I believe the main jumper should be earnt for players and only used for proper season games. The inspiration of this design is obvious, beach, surf/ocean, the sun and the sky that people associate with the Gold Coast.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_gc_pre.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back