Workshop 2021 Jumper Ideas thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is delicious. I honestly want them (or the Titans) to wear this.
The Titans original home kit designs were based on that idea actually.
clint_football.jpg

St Kilda

Next team I will be doing are the Saints.

Home/main jumper:
I have never been a fan of tripanel designs as it is hard to make it perfectly symmetrical. For St Kilda I decided to do something slightly different and revert them back to the black collar and cuffs they had between 2011-2016, but give them a red back on their jumper. Red is a fairly underultlised main colour jumper, especially with my plan to give the Suns a predominately yellow (gold) main jumper. A red back jumper would clash with only three teams under my proposal enabling St Kilda to wear the same jumper most weeks. With the black shorts and hooped socks I would have St Kilda wear this at all home games and away games against the Kangaroos, Bulldogs and Eagles.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_stk_111_home.png

For away games against Cats I'd have them wear mostly black socks, as Geelong have a hooped sock design as part of their main kit. The sock design was inspired by what they wore in the late 90's.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_stk_112_change.png

Because white is one of the Saints' main colours, it makes sense for them to wear white shorts away against most teams, especially as most teams have dark coloured shorts as part of their main kit. Main jumper, white shorts and hooped socks make sense to wear against teams with non-hooped socks or teams with hooped socks that have all colours completely different to red, white or black. So this setup would be used against in away games against Blues, Pies, Freo, Suns, Hawks, Demons and Port.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_stk_121_change.png

And the main jumper with white shorts and mostly black socks in away games against the Crows, Dons and Tigers.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_stk_122_change.png

Clash jumper:
The clash jumper the Saints had in 2009/2010 screamed perfect clash jumper to me. As the Swans colours are red and white and they have a red back on their jumper, it makes sense for the Saints to pair up the clash jumper with black shorts and socks against them.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_stk_212_clash.png

And clash jumper with the white shorts and hooped socks against the Lions (maroon back) and the Giants (orange back).
graphic_kit_afl_2021_stk_221_clash.png

Pre-season jumper:
While I know St Kilda haven't played or trained in St Kilda since the 1960's, the idea of this design was a St Kilda sunset, but it can also be intercepted as a sunset on the bayside of the South Eastern suburbs. The cross represents the pier and the beach.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_stk_pre.png

Lemon Boi

High quality
Nov 20, 2019
The Citrus Grove
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
North QLD Cowboys, Las Vegas Bears
St Kilda

Next team I will be doing are the Saints.

Home/main jumper:
I have never been a fan of tripanel designs as it is hard to make it perfectly symmetrical. For St Kilda I decided to do something slightly different and revert them back to the black collar and cuffs they had between 2011-2016, but give them a red back on their jumper. Red is a fairly underultlised main colour jumper, especially with my plan to give the Suns a predominately yellow (gold) main jumper. A red back jumper would clash with only three teams under my proposal enabling St Kilda to wear the same jumper most weeks. With the black shorts and hooped socks I would have St Kilda wear this at all home games and away games against the Kangaroos, Bulldogs and Eagles.
View attachment 867800

For away games against Cats I'd have them wear mostly black socks, as Geelong have a hooped sock design as part of their main kit. The sock design was inspired by what they wore in the late 90's.
View attachment 867806

Because white is one of the Saints' main colours, it makes sense for them to wear white shorts away against most teams, especially as most teams have dark coloured shorts as part of their main kit. Main jumper, white shorts and hooped socks make sense to wear against teams with non-hooped socks or teams with hooped socks that have all colours completely different to red, white or black. So this setup would be used against in away games against Blues, Pies, Freo, Suns, Hawks, Demons and Port.
View attachment 867808

And the main jumper with white shorts and mostly black socks in away games against the Crows, Dons and Tigers.
View attachment 867809

Clash jumper:
The clash jumper the Saints had in 2009/2010 screamed perfect clash jumper to me. As the Swans colours are red and white and they have a red back on their jumper, it makes sense for the Saints to pair up the clash jumper with black shorts and socks against them.
View attachment 867810

And clash jumper with the white shorts and hooped socks against the Lions (maroon back) and the Giants (orange back).
View attachment 867811

Pre-season jumper:
While I know St Kilda haven't played or trained in St Kilda since the 1960's, the idea of this design was a St Kilda sunset, but it can also be intercepted as a sunset on the bayside of the South Eastern suburbs. The cross represents the pier and the beach.
View attachment 867812

That preseason looks like an inverted cross on judgement day. Saints, or Sinners?

Bjo187

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2020
AFL Club
Essendon
The GWS clash jumper they wore in the grand final is pretty bland and disappointing. Basically full white with a misplaced orange G to the side and nothing else. They have ok colours and logo to work with too, so unsure why it's so poor, especially for a new club they should be making more effort. I thought to add a bit of character to their clash jumper they could look at using the same as the hawks HFC clash jumper from a few years ago.
GWS clash - final.jpg

Apr 7, 2013
Burn City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
The GWS clash jumper they wore in the grand final is pretty bland and disappointing. Basically full white with a misplaced orange G to the side and nothing else. They have ok colours and logo to work with too, so unsure why it's so poor, especially for a new club they should be making more effort. I thought to add a bit of character to their clash jumper they could look at using the same as the hawks HFC clash jumper from a few years ago.
View attachment 868127
The GWS clash jumper is really s**t hey, it's just a ******* drop shadow on the logo lol. Awful. But that Hawthorn clash is almost more bland, I think because, as you've done here, you could pretty much switch out the colours and logo for any team.

I'd love to see them do something with a yoke like their home jumper, with the logo in the centre ala the Lions. Or something like the Boca Juniors band. Anything with any kind of character.

Lemon Boi

High quality
Nov 20, 2019
The Citrus Grove
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Continuing the current theme…

Attachments

• GW 1b.png
    GW 1b.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 132
  • GW 1a.png
    GW 1a.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 138
  • GW 2a.png
    GW 2a.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 136
  • GW 2b.png
    GW 2b.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 139
May 25, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
My computer is so slow that i got half way through my design and gave up. It took me 45 minutes to get this far so this is all I'm doing. When I said st kilda 2010 clash style I meant something like this.
View attachment 868430
I had an idea like this for my team in the Melbourne Suburban League Comp except I had the panels mirrored on the back (cant do that for the clash) and pinstripes on the panels.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lemon Boi

High quality
Nov 20, 2019
The Citrus Grove
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
I had an idea like this for my team in the Melbourne Suburban League Comp except I had the panels mirrored on the back (cant do that for the clash) and pinstripes on the panels.

Why can’t St Kilda have panels on the back for their clash? Melbourne and West Coast have no white at all on their clash guernseys.
This should be fine for St Kilda:
SK 2b.png

May 25, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Why can’t St Kilda have panels on the back for their clash? Melbourne and West Coast have no white at all on their clash guernseys.
This should be fine for St Kilda:
View attachment 868436
That would probably cause St Kilda to clash with Essendon and Melbourne to a certain extent but it might be ok.
What I meant by that comment
I had the panels mirrored on the back (cant do that for the clash)
was it wouldnt be any good for GWS specifically given the only team that they have real problems clash wise against is Sydney and Sydney have a mostly red back so introducing colour for GWS would not be wise.

Oct 10, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Broncos
45 minutes?

I made this on Paint in 2 minutes for you:
View attachment 868433
Yes 45 minutes. My old computer is extremely slow and doesn't like running Photoshop. That's why the design is half done and took so long. My Photoshop subscription has run out on my usual designing laptop. No need to flex on me with paint of all things haha

GWS Giants

Home/main jumper:

The two expansion teams are the only two teams I did an major re-design on in my portfolio. I have decided to go to their pre-AFL history with their jumper but with the current Giants colours. I feel their G has been there long enough to be part of their identity so decided to incoporate that into their design as well, however decided to keep the back plain orange as per the status quo, and removing 'Canberra' from the back as they should focus on Western Sydney. A mostly orange jumper will mean less clashes compared to their current mish-mash. For their regular kit I have kept the status quo in regards to the charcoal shorts and orange socks. This setup would obviously be worn in all home games and away games against Cats and if they wanted to, away games against Kangaroos, Eagles and Bulldogs as well.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_gws_111_home.png

When they play in their regular jumper in away games against teams with dark shorts at home, they should have orange shorts as their alternate shorts instead of white. The full orange setup worn in away games against Lions, Blues, Magpies, Dons, Freo, Demons, Port, Tigers and if they wanted to Roos, Eagles and Bulldogs.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_gws_121_change.png

Clash jumper:
Pretty much swapped the orange and charcoal around from the main jumper as those two colours are their main colours. Also opted for the clash socks they wore in their inaugural season to match the jumper. With charcoal shorts this would be worn in away games against the Suns and Swans.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_gws_212_clash.png

And with white shorts this is worn against away against a redback Saints and Hawks.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_gws_232_clash.png

Third jumper:
I feel a predominantly orange or predominantly charcoal setup would clash with Adelaide's red, gold and navy blue hoops so I have a third jumper they wear in away games against the Crows.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_gws_332_third.png

Pre-season jumper:
A Western Sydney sunrise.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_gws_pre.png

Last edited:
Geelong

Home/main jumper:

Geelong are the only team in my entire portfolio that I will have wear white shorts at home as part of their main kit and the only team with only one pair of shorts in their entire portfolio. Two reasons for this, their jumper is mostly white but also if you are between the ages 9-57 (which I would assume most in this forum are), then every footy fan would have seen Geelong lift their premierships in their lifetime in white shorts. Seeing it is a winning combination and contrasts better with every opposition it is only logical. Many iconic teams in world sports wear white shorts at home such as Man United, Everton, Arsenal, Real Madrid, Celtic, St George, Sydney Roosters etc. just to name a few. Even in Aussie rules teams like North Adelaide and Centrals wear white shorts at home as well. Their main jumper and white shorts with hooped socks should be worn at all home games regardless of opposition and every away game except against Saints, Kangaroos and Magpies.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_geel_111_home.png

As St Kilda wear hooped socks with black (similar to navy) and white on it as part of their regular kit, they should wear a different sock design in away games against them.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_geel_112_change.png

Clash jumper:
Based on some of their early designs where they wore plain red jumpers because too many other teams wore blue. The Cats' jumper only clashes with two teams, North and Collingwood so the red would be used in away games against them.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_geel_211_clash.png

Pre-season jumper:
Based on the waterfront of the bay in Geelong and the beaches of the Surf Coast coming in as one.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_geel_pre.png

Last edited:
North Melbourne

Home/main jumper:

Reverts to their traditional blue stripes on a white jumper setup, and return of their wider stripes that was used when they won their four premierships throughout the 70's and 90's, along with their black numbers. I also fixed the collar as the current Canterbury template is disgusting. For all home games they should pair it up with royal blue shorts and royal blue socks and if they want to, they can wear this setup in away games against Lions, Dons, Freo, Giants, Hawks, Tigers, Port, Swans and Saints.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_nm_111_home.png

As the Suns under my proposal will wear plain sky blue socks, North should wear the hooped socks design they wore in the 1999 Grand Final in away games against them.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_nm_112_change.png

Their main jumper with white shorts should be worn against teams with similar coloured shorts if the jumpers don't clash. With the plain blue socks this should be worn in away games against Crows and Demons, and if they want to also in away games against Lions, Dons, Giants, Hawks, Tigers, Saints and Swans.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_nm_121_change.png

And their main jumper, with white shorts and hooped socks against the Blues, Bulldogs and Eagles, and if they want to away games against Freo and Port as well.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_nm_122_change.png

Clash jumper:
Based on their original jumper design when they entered the VFL. Logical option when the only two jumper clashes they have are against striped teams. This kit obviously worn in away games against the Magpies and Cats.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_nm_211_clash.png

Pre-season jumper:
Just for a bit of fun I tried mixing the designs of the original bounding roo, the Argentina and bounding roo from the 2000's into a design.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_nm_pre.png

Collingwood

Home/main jumper:

The Magpies traditional jumper is a white jumper with black stripes. It is what they have won 14 out of their 15 flags in. However they have only won two flags in the past 60+ years, so I decided to do a hybrid jumper from two of their three best wins in the AFL era, the 1990 Grand Final jumper and 2018 prelim final jumper (let's be honest, their 2010 Grand Final/Grand Final replay jumper was absolutely hideous). For home games it should be paired up with their traditional black shorts and black socks. This should also be worn in away games against the Suns, Swans and if they wanted to Lions, Eagles and Bulldogs.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_coll_111_home.png

And their traditional jumper with plain white shorts and plain black socks for away games against Crows, Dons, Giants, Hawks, Demons, Tigers, Saints and if they wanted to also away games against Lions, Eagles and Bulldogs.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_coll_121_change.png

For away games against Blues, Freo and Port, they should wear black and white striped socks with their traditional jumper and plain white shorts.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_coll_122_change.png

Clash jumper:
Considering the Magpies' traditional jumper only clashes with two teams who also wear stripes, I decided to look for a hybrid of their swooping Magpie jumper and their inaugural AFLW jumper to have a design that still has black and white stripes but solves the clash. With black socks and black shorts this would be worn in away games against the Cats and Roos.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_coll_211_clash.png

Pre-season jumper:
A different twist to their black and white stripes.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_coll_pre.png

Lemon Boi

High quality
Nov 20, 2019
The Citrus Grove
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Collingwood
For away games against Blues, Freo and Port, they should wear black and white striped socks with their traditional jumper and plain white shorts.
View attachment 869056

Striped socks just seems odd with Collingwood as they’ve never worn striped socks. Half black, half white looks more familiar:
Jezza Jerker.jpg

(P.S. Keep going; these are hot stuff.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back