Workshop 2021 Jumper Ideas thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Striped socks just seems odd with Collingwood as they’ve never worn striped socks. Half black, half white looks more familiar:
View attachment 869657

(P.S. Keep going; these are hot stuff.)
I never actually seen that. I know Collingwood have never worn black and white hooped socks which I've always found odd but I know they did wear black socks with one hoop in the late 2000's.

Lemon Boi

High quality
Nov 20, 2019
The Citrus Grove
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
North QLD Cowboys, Las Vegas Bears
I never actually seen that. I know Collingwood have never worn black and white hooped socks which I've always found odd but I know they did wear black socks with one hoop in the late 2000's.

Well technically their socks were still all-black but most players wore white ankle guards.
Keith Greig wore them too at North Melbourne:
1588641142276.png

Melbourne

With this set it takes the whole "keep your eye on the red and the blue" to the next level.

Home/main jumper:
Inspired by the dark red and navy blue worn in their last successful era in the 1950's and early 1960's, paired up with plain dark navy shorts and dark red socks. Worn at all home games an away games against Suns, Cats and Swans.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_mel_111_home.png

In away games where there are no clash of jumpers but similar coloured shorts, the Demons should wear the plain white shorts with their main jumper and dark red socks in away games against Magpies, Giants, Hawks, Roos and Saints (as I plan to give them a redback jumper).
graphic_kit_afl_2021_mel_121_change.png

Clash jumper:
Decided to keep it similar to the current away jumper which was inspired by the late 70's/early 80's design, but with a brighter red and a brighter blue bordering on sky blue and royal blue in order to ensure this jumper solves as many clashes as possible. This jumper should be worn with plain white shorts and bright red socks. Worn in away games against Crows, Lions, Blues, Dons, Freo, Port and Tigers.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_mel_222_clash.png

Third jumper:
An inverse of the traditional Demons jumper but with a brighter red, worn with white shorts and bright red socks. Worn in away games against the Bulldogs and Eagles.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_mel_322_third.png

Pre-season jumper:
The different shades of red and blue representing the diversity of Melbourne as a city.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_mel_pre.png

Dec 20, 2015
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies!

Lemon Boi

High quality
Nov 20, 2019
The Citrus Grove
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
I'm pretty sure that was the pattern on the Collingwood clash socks. See Google Images "1999 Collingwood football" for examples. Mero has them on his site too: http://footyjumpers.com/1999Col.htm

True, but back in the day the socks were all-black and the ankle guards were white.
That’s why the socks are all black on footyjumpers in the period they wore the ankle guards (1950s to 1970s).

Attachments

• CW 1.png
    CW 1.png
    41 KB · Views: 146
  • CW 2.png
    CW 2.png
    55.5 KB · Views: 148
Hawthorn

Home/main jumper:

In my unbiased opinion, the true pinnacle of greatness is when a team wins three flags in a row! Hawthorn despite having a very successful past 50 years have done the threepeat once between 2013-2015. I took inspiration from the design worn in 2013/14 Grand Finals (let's be honest the 2015 fangs were hideous) with a few minor tweaks, no stripes above the numbers on the back, no random line and decided to put the proper adidas branding on the shorts. This combo with brown shorts and hooped socks (also the same design from that era) would worn in all home games and away games against Cats and if they wanted to Kangaroos, Swans, Eagles and Bulldogs.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_haw_111_home.png

In my proposed kit, the white shorts would also have the adidas three stripe branding. White shorts with the main jumper and hooped socks should be worn in away games against Lions, Blues, Magpies, Dons, Freo, Demons, Port, Saints and if they wanted to also in away games v Roos, Eagles and Dogs.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_haw_121_change.png

Richmond wear yellow and black hooped socks as part of their main kit which is obviously similar to the Hawks' brown and gold. In away games against Tigers they should wear their main jumper, white shorts and plain gold socks which they wore in the 80's, another successful decade for Hawthorn.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_haw_123_change.png

Clash jumper:
The Hawks main jumper only really clashes with three teams. For their alternate jumper I have based it off their first VFL jumper in the 1920's, as well as the mostly brown socks with gold top as well as it matches with the entire kit better. With brown shorts this would be worn in away games against the Suns, and if they wanted to the Swans.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_haw_212_clash.png

The 1920's jumper with 1920's socks would be better paired off with white shorts in away games against the Giants.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_haw_222_clash.png

Third jumper:
Based off the 1932 jumper, this with white shorts and plain gold socks worn in away games against the Crows.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_haw_323_third.png

Pre-season jumper:
For a pre-season concept I used the swooping Hawk from the 2012/14 seasons combined with inverse pinstripes.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_haw_pre.png

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
Hawthorn

Home/main jumper:

In my unbiased opinion, the true pinnacle of greatness is when a team wins three flags in a row! Hawthorn despite having a very successful past 50 years have done the threepeat once between 2013-2015. I took inspiration from the design worn in 2013/14 Grand Finals (let's be honest the 2015 fangs were hideous) with a few minor tweaks, no stripes above the numbers on the back, no random line and decided to put the proper adidas branding on the shorts. This combo with brown shorts and hooped socks (also the same design from that era) would worn in all home games and away games against Cats and if they wanted to Kangaroos, Swans, Eagles and Bulldogs.
View attachment 870747

In my proposed kit, the white shorts would also have the adidas three stripe branding. White shorts with the main jumper and hooped socks should be worn in away games against Lions, Blues, Magpies, Dons, Freo, Demons, Port, Saints and if they wanted to also in away games v Roos, Eagles and Dogs.
View attachment 870741

Richmond wear yellow and black hooped socks as part of their main kit which is obviously similar to the Hawks' brown and gold. In away games against Tigers they should wear their main jumper, white shorts and plain gold socks which they wore in the 80's, another successful decade for Hawthorn.
View attachment 870742

Clash jumper:
The Hawks main jumper only really clashes with three teams. For their alternate jumper I have based it off their first VFL jumper in the 1920's, as well as the mostly brown socks with gold top as well as it matches with the entire kit better. With brown shorts this would be worn in away games against the Suns, and if they wanted to the Swans.
View attachment 870743

The 1920's jumper with 1920's socks would be better paired off with white shorts in away games against the Giants.
View attachment 870744

Third jumper:
Based off the 1932 jumper, this with white shorts and plain gold socks worn in away games against the Crows.
View attachment 870745

Pre-season jumper:
For a pre-season concept I used the swooping Hawk from the 2012/14 seasons combined with inverse pinstripes.
View attachment 870746
Love the kit, but the brown is too dark in my opinion. Looks more black than brown.

Love the kit, but the brown is too dark in my opinion. Looks more black than brown.
I deliberately went for the idea of having a really dark brown as that is what they wore during their threepeat.

Essendon

Home/main jumper:

The idea was to make the main kit similar to what they wore in their near-invincible 2000 premiership year, with a few minor tweaks. Only made a small change to the collar and removed the gray lines from the shorts. This kit with the black shorts and hooped socks worn in all home games and away games against Cats, Suns, Roos and Swans.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_ess_111_home.png

Sometimes Essendon should wear red or white shorts in away games depending on what makes a better contrast with the home team. Red shorts with the main jumper as worn in the early 1980's should be worn in away games against Magpies, Eagles and Bulldogs.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_ess_121_change.png

And their main jumper with white shorts and hooped socks in away games against Giants and Hawks.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_ess_131_change.png

As I plan to have St Kilda in a redback jumper, their home jumper with white shorts and mostly black socks will suffice as a clash solver in away games against them.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_ess_132_change.png

Clash jumper:
Besides the template change so it aligns with the 2000 design, I have kept the status quo with the Dons current clash, but decided it goes better with red shorts rather than white. With the hooped socks this should be worn in away games against Blues, Freo, Demons, Port and Tigers.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_ess_221_clash.png

And the clash jumper with red shorts and mostly black socks in away games against the Crows.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_ess_222_clash.png

Third jumper:
As both Essendon main and clash jumpers clash with the Lions' mostly maroon jumper, for the third jumper I have gone back to using a similar design to their original clash jumper (actual clash jumper, not that fat sash joke) for away games against the Lions.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_ess_332_third.png

Pre-season jumper:
Based off the Essendon and Tullamarine airfields.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_ess_pre.png

Western Bulldogs

Home/main jumper:

For the main jumper I decided on a hybrid of the 1954 and 2016 premiership winning jumpers with the asics Bob Murphy 300 game collar template. With blue shorts it should be worn in all home games and away games against Cats, Suns, Swans and if they want to away games against Magpies, Giants, Hawks and Saints.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_wb_111_home.png

Like the Bombers portfolio I did before, the Dogs should have white and red shorts as an option for change shorts and use it in selected away games depending on what contrasts better. The main jumper with white shorts should be worn in away games against Dons and if they want to away games against Magpies, Giants, Hawks, Tigers and Saints.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_wb_121_change.png

Red shorts with the main jumper should also be an option, worn in away games against Port and if they wanted to away games against Magpies and Tigers.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_wb_131_change.png

And in away games against the Roos, as they have blue shorts and socks, it should be a main jumper, red shorts and white socks combo.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_wb_132_change.png

Clash jumper:
Simple inverse of the home jumper, with the matching inverse socks. Worn in away games against Crows, Lions, Blues, Freo, Demons and Eagles.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_wb_222_clash.png

Pre-season jumper:
Different shades of blue to represent the diversity and multiculturalism of Melbourne's Western suburbs.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_wb_pre.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lemon Boi

High quality
Nov 20, 2019
The Citrus Grove
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Western Bulldogs

And in away games against the Roos, as they have blue shorts and socks, it should be a main jumper, red shorts and white socks combo.
View attachment 872504

Love the red shorts. Reminds me of Kelvin Templeton kicking 15 against the Saints.

Also, the Dogs had these mainly white socks with their red shorts in 1975–78:
1588950030104.png

Would like to see the red collar and cuffs return too, but this is your portfolio, not mine.

Would like to see the red collar and cuffs return too, but this is your portfolio, not mine.
I did toy with the idea of the red cuffs and collar for their home jumper, but considering they won their most recent (and only of past 66 years) with blue collars and cuffs, I decided to stick with it.

If I was doing this portfolio before the 2016 Grand Final I definitely would have had the Dogs in red collars and cuffs.

Lemon Boi

High quality
Nov 20, 2019
The Citrus Grove
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Sorry for using an old design again but I decided to try using it with a new colour scheme.
The idea for these new colours is very simple, they're just based off the water on the beach.

View attachment 872776

From my book of old wives’ quotes:

“Blue and green
Should not be seen
Without a colour in between”

That logo is delicious, by the way.

Bjo187

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2020
AFL Club
Essendon
Sorry for using an old design again but I decided to try using it with a new colour scheme.
The idea for these new colours is very simple, they're just based off the water on the beach.

View attachment 872776

Looks good, did you say there was one in the current suns colors too? haven't seen it?

Adelaide Crows

The Crows have been in the competition long enough to say the tri-coloured hoop designed is fundamentally a Crows design in the same way the sash is Essendon and the wings are Eagles.

Home/main jumper:
Idea was to get as close to the 97/98 design as possible, which means pretty much mostly keeping the status quo with the home jumper, only real change is adding an extra gold hoop at the bottom (the OCD in me). However decided to have the Crows wear navy blue, as per the status quo, not white shorts as part of their main kit despite the Crows winning both flags in white shorts. With the full hooped socks this should be worn at all home games and away games against Cats, Suns and Swans.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_adel_111_home.png

Swap the navy shorts for white shorts in away games against Magpies and Kangaroos.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_adel_121_change.png

The main jumper with white shorts and mostly navy socks in away games against the Saints (in a redback jumper).
graphic_kit_afl_2021_adel_122_change.png

Clash jumper:
Wanted a clash design that still fundamentally looked "Adelaide Crows", so decided on a mostly red jumper with hoops, similar-ish to the 2003 away jumper simplified. I did want to ensure red was the dominant colour of this jumper though to ensure the jumper could solve as many clashes as possible. With white shorts and the full hooped socks this should be worn in away games against Blues, Freo, Port, Eagles and Bulldogs.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_adel_221_clash.png

And worn with white shorts and mostly navy socks in away games against Dons and Tigers, as both teams have hooped socks.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_adel_222_clash.png

Third jumper:
Obviously a mostly red clash jumper with hoops won't solve clashes with every team so the Crows will need a third jumper. Decided to keep it simple with a hooped version of their SANFL jumper. With white shorts and hooped socks this should be worn in away games against Lions and Demons.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_adel_321_third.png

And with white shorts and mostly navy socks should be used in away games against Giants and Hawks.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_adel_322_third.png

Pre-season jumper:
Something different to their usual hoops.
graphic_kit_afl_2021_adel_pre.png

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no

View attachment 872776

Change the green to a darkish red. Keep blue and white as is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back