1585571816478.png

Apr 7, 2013
Burn City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
View attachment 849687 View attachment 849696

no more giant pinstripes, cut off stripes, or tramp stamps. thick stripes that almost wrap around the jumper evenly. Back sponsor inspired by how Collingwood did it this year with their excellent away jumper.
Black number is so uniquely North. I was disappointed when they made the majority blue jumper the primary strip, but more upset that the black number disappeared from the white jumper.

Black number is so uniquely North. I was disappointed when they made the majority blue jumper the primary strip, but more upset that the black number disappeared from the white jumper.
Always wondered why this is the case. Is it purely nostalgic why so many like the black numbers? I think it's somewhat safe to say aesthetically blue make sense/look better.

BlackWing

Debutant
Apr 28, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Centrals
I think they used black numbers so they wouldn't get lost amongst the stripes, especially number 1 & 11. Back then there weren't any sponsors logos to separate the numbers and stripes.

north_lad

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
2020 season has started (sort of), which means we start preparing for next year's getups here in FJGD land.

Here's Port with two new guernseys for what might end up being their actual 150th season

View attachment 847437

and a West Coast trio that I made a long time ago but never posted.

View attachment 847441

Go on. Post what you want to see.

Love all of these.

Cainozz

Club Legend
Feb 6, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
AFL-Jumper-Template_North-Melbourne_Home.jpg
AFL-Jumper-Template_North-Melbourne_Away.jpg
AFL-Jumper-Template_North-Melbourne_Clash.jpg

Thought it might be cool if North added an extra stripe either side on their home guernsey to combat the light home jumper factor however keep the traditional 'blue stripes on white' look. Clash to simply have the side stripes removed and with cuffs and collar made white for much lighter clash feel. Away jumper showcasing the awesomeness that is the bounding kangaroo and just screams North. Consistent white number panel with black numbers across all North jumpers.

P.S. excuse the incorrect Canterbury collar

LeeARM

Premiership Player
May 11, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
View attachment 850275View attachment 850276View attachment 850277

Thought it might be cool if North added an extra stripe either side on their home guernsey to combat the light home jumper factor however keep the traditional 'blue stripes on white' look. Clash to simply have the side stripes removed and with cuffs and collar made white for much lighter clash feel. Away jumper showcasing the awesomeness that is the bounding kangaroo and just screams North. Consistent white number panel with black numbers across all North jumpers.

Wouldn't it make more sense for the home jumper to have a blue back seeing as the other 2 have white backs? You could even extend the 3 stripes in the middle and turn it into a blue number panel.

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think they used black numbers so they wouldn't get lost amongst the stripes, especially number 1 & 11. Back then there weren't any sponsors logos to separate the numbers and stripes.

That theory would hold water if Collingwood wasn't using black stripes and numbers at the same time.

Sep 4, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
View attachment 850275View attachment 850276View attachment 850277

Incredible! Your designs are awesome. That template is mint

Jun 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back