Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjo187

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2020
AFL Club
Essendon
^ Would look too similar to gc and swans though with the predominantly red jumper with red shorts.

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
I reckon the white shorts makes us look like Sydney. With the white numbers it’s a lot of red and white.

I’d like to see red shorts with some proper black highlights. And maybe a slightly thicker black frame on the red sash.

Make it properly red and black.

Leave the white shorts for if we ever need an all-white kit.

Apr 7, 2013
Burn City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Found a compromise that I think will keep Eddie happy!

images

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Yeah, it's fun toying around with it though, because PBs with teal looks awesome. And without teal is it really possible to honor the near-quarter century as Port Power? Or is it part of the goal to erase that part of the club's history? I think you guys already kinda exist as a Frankenstein hybrid, PBs twice a year just adds to that IMO. Not meaning any shade by this - just my thoughts.

It's all gotten incredibly political at this stage. Purely because we've had so many issues wearing the guernsey, the current school of thought is that if we accept a compromise at this point then we'll be told that obviously the OG bars aren't that important to us, when we're actively trying to show how important they are.

If we had been allowed to wear the original bars at our leisure for the last 24 years, we'd probably have seen lots of cool variations without any opposition.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
I reckon the white shorts makes us look like Sydney. With the white numbers it’s a lot of red and white.

I’d like to see red shorts with some proper black highlights. And maybe a slightly thicker black frame on the red sash.

Make it properly red and black.

Leave the white shorts for if we ever need an all-white kit.

Yeah agree with this, red with thick black side stripes or similar.

I hate the white shorts rule. There's no reason Essendon couldn't wear the red guernsey with black shorts against say, Geelong, Brisbane or North.

Sep 8, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
It's all gotten incredibly political at this stage. Purely because we've had so many issues wearing the guernsey, the current school of thought is that if we accept a compromise at this point then we'll be told that obviously the OG bars aren't that important to us, when we're actively trying to show how important they are.

If we had been allowed to wear the original bars at our leisure for the last 24 years, we'd probably have seen lots of cool variations without any opposition.
Yep, that's Eddie's fault. shouldn't even be a debate - clubs should be able to wear whatever they want.
I guess you can take solace in the fact that Port's brand is pretty good looking at the moment regardless.

TheKITC

Cancelled
Mar 7, 2009
The Cupboard
AFL Club
Carlton
I don't know if it's been done before, but is there a modernised (logo, no laces) version of this floating around this forum?

I for one hate Carlton's 'insipid white' clash jersey; was thinking a modern, variation of this with potentially yellow or even white shorts could be (or might already have been) knocked up?? Be interesting to see how it looks next to our 'clashes' with other sides...

1593002445848.png

Sep 8, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
I don't know if it's been done before, but is there a modernised (logo, no laces) version of this floating around this forum?

I for one hate Carlton's 'insipid white' clash jersey; was thinking a modern, variation of this with potentially yellow or even white shorts could be (or might already have been) knocked up?? Be interesting to see how it looks next to our 'clashes' with other sides...

View attachment 899027
Kinda a few here...

I feel like I made a design based off it years and years ago, can’t find it though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 12, 2008
The North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne

View attachment 899027

CarltonKitWaves_1@4x.png

made this one a while ago

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
It is? I was arguing with someone once who was adamant that Carlton and Geelong didn't have the same colour scheme, since Carlton's only official colour is navy blue.
Our emblem on the guernsey is white. Just like Essendon's colours are black and red because of their sash. If there was no CFC on the front, then I would argue we have no white. But we do, and it has stayed that way for 100 years. The reason why it hasn't changed is because our colours are navy blue and white, and white has been on the guernsey for 100 years.

Lemon Boi

High quality
Nov 20, 2019
The Citrus Grove
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
North QLD Cowboys, Las Vegas Bears
Umpire variations. (Add sleeves, of course)

Attachments

• ump 1a.png
    ump 1a.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 109
  • ump 1b.png
    ump 1b.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 106
  • ump 2a.png
    ump 2a.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 114
  • ump 2b.png
    ump 2b.png
    7.7 KB · Views: 115
  • ump 3a.png
    ump 3a.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 99
  • ump 3b.png
    ump 3b.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 105
  • ump 4a.png
    ump 4a.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 106
  • ump 4b.png
    ump 4b.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Our emblem on the guernsey is white. Just like Essendon's colours are black and red because of their sash. If there was no CFC on the front, then I would argue we have no white. But we do, and it has stayed that way for 100 years. The reason why it hasn't changed is because our colours are navy blue and white, and white has been on the guernsey for 100 years.
Having white on the guernsey doesn't make it an official club colour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back