Workshop 2021 Jumper Ideas thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like it good work, I like the red numbers which is something i would like to see used on essendon jumpers. The only thing i would say is i prefer a darker blood red to the more orange one.

I like it good work, I like the red numbers which is something i would like to see used on essendon jumpers. The only thing i would say is i prefer a darker blood red to the more orange one.
unfortunately red numbers on a black jumper are almost impossible to read from a distance

A bit early but I had an idea for Essendon's 150th anniversary guernsey in 2022.

View attachment 1038845

This jumper takes inspiration from the 140 year jumper with every logo being featured along the sash but I have also taken inspiration from Collingwood's 125th year anniversary jumper with every logo being completely red and black, along with the numbers which are a call back to our 1911 finals guernseys.

The sash is thin like it was until the 70's and the red shorts are a call back to our 75-82 era, marking the biggest changes to our uniform until the introduction of clash jumpers. I don't have a sock template but the socks would have 5 red hoops instead of 3, like our original uniforms had until 1918.

Overall, I wanted to celebrate the consistency of our home jumper by highlighting the minor changes that have been made to it while also pushing the red and black colour palette as far as it can go with no compromises of white or grey.

Please let me know if I haven't got the logos in their proper order. I couldn't find any dates for them online.
Thanks to Mero for supplying the logos.

I assume that's meant to be 1872?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Decided to have a crack at fixing the new GWS jumpers (designs are below for those who can't be f'ed watching)

Nothing revolutionary, just a properly/neatly executed version of their original home jumper with a black back.
The orange clash looked good with a black G but it was a bit too much black with it all at once so I went with white
Still not sure how I feel about that top bit on the back of the guernseys

GWS 2021.png

Decided to have a crack at fixing the new GWS jumpers (designs are below for those who can't be f'ed watching)

Nothing revolutionary, just a properly/neatly executed version of their original home jumper with a black back.
The orange clash looked good with a black G but it was a bit too much black with it all at once so I went with white
Still not sure how I feel about that top bit on the back of the guernseys

View attachment 1042439

I liked the design of their old clash with the Big G since they are the Giants but these are perfect for a club that wants to stand out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back